Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
New rotor and pad recommendations

Hi everyone,

I have yet to replace my rotors, but believe it is time to do so. Planning to change the pads as well.

I'm thinking about getting the R1 Concepts Geomet rotors, with blank / OEM face. From my research those rotors seem to have gotten good reviews, and I don't believe my intended application would benefit from having slots or drilled holes. These would be for my daily driver, which mostly drives in hot, dry, California weather, and with the very rare track visit (say 1x per year). Hoping to get a rotor that performs somewhat better than stock, but is still comfortable and doesn't make a ton of noise. Was thinking of pairing them with R1s ceramic or OEp pads.

Any thoughts on those options, or other recommendations? Would be much appreciated!

HAMBO
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 AM   #2
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
R1 Concepts are a solid choice. Then use Hawk ceramic pads.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdanzel View Post
R1 Concepts are a solid choice. Then use Hawk ceramic pads.
I agree. Make sure to bed them in properly.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #4
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Thanks for the suggestions! I called Kevin at R1, and based on my discussion with him ended up going with the slotted (not drilled) rotors instead of OEM. Little more bite on the stopping performance, without introducing greater odds of cracking (though I understand they do wear out a bit faster).

Will be pairing them with another set of Hawk ceramic pads, which I'm currently using and happy with.

Thanks!
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #5
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I called Kevin at R1, and based on my discussion with him ended up going with the slotted (not drilled) rotors instead of OEM. Little more bite on the stopping performance, without introducing greater odds of cracking (though I understand they do wear out a bit faster).

Will be pairing them with another set of Hawk ceramic pads, which I'm currently using and happy with.

Thanks!
I chose the slotted only option also, except with semi-metallics. i wanted a great bite and they may make dust, but i can live with that. r1 takes great care of customers. will use them again.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote