Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
rangerdave1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Upgrading from stock, questions regarding BMR non and adjustable

I am very new to Camaros and I have been glued to my iPad reading on the forum as much as I can but still have some quesions.

So my 2010 LS3 is stock however like the rest of you, I can not leave it that way..

So I plan on upgrading the suspension for street use with possibly attending an autocross event once a year.. I quickly learned through experience that these cars are prone to wheel hop and I unerstand what I need to upgrade. The cradle bushings, toe rods, trailling arms.

Looking at BMR components, I can choose from adjustable and non-adjustable. I am sure the adjustable pieces are better for long term modification however for regular street use with maybe once a year autocross, do I need the adjustable pieces?? What if I lower the car down the road, will I then need the adjustable pieces??

Also, I plan on upgrading the sway bars but understand that there was an updated version on 2012+ cars.. Do I convert to the 2012 style? Stay with the 2010 style? If I lower the car, will I want the control arms as well which from what I understand are designed for the 2012 style sway bars?

I am not made of money and would like to do the updates in two seperate stages. Right now thinking stage 1 to update the cradle bushings, toe and trail arms. Then stage 2 would be to update the sway bars and 1" lower springs and shocks. Does this seem logical?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by rangerdave1; 07-27-2019 at 10:22 AM.
rangerdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Yes, you have a good plan. Get the chassis parts first to eliminate the unwanted movement. Then springs and bars. I did big swaybars before springs. When I added springs I didn’t notice much handling improvements as bars did it mostly. Springs help with height and nose dive as well.
I run non adjustable parts you are looking at. Street they still gave a good ride with my coilovers. But check with bar on ride quality to be sure,.I autocross 6-8 times a year. They are all you need for you use. Toe links, trailing arms, poly upper rear arm bushings , and ploy cradle bushings will keep the rearend in place and eliminate wheel hop. For sways yes definitely go with 2012 and up. You will need 2012 rear arms, bars and stock drop endlink to make it work.
Mods: Magnaflow 3" comp catback/Rotofab CAI/Apex Scoop/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/ Forgestar cf10 wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers/tune/ Ridetech coilovers/DSE swaybars /BMR cradle bushings, toe links and trailing arms/Stage 1 cam/ 3.91 gears-445/425 RWHP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
Hogiewan1

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS covertible
Very glad I joined this forum. My 2012 has extremely violent wheel hop , and I was just looking at the BMR rear parts. I decided to stop by and see what others said before placing an order. Many thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yes, you have a good plan. Get the chassis parts first to eliminate the unwanted movement. Then springs and bars. I did big swaybars before springs. When I added springs I didn’t notice much handling improvements as bars did it mostly. Springs help with height and nose dive as well.
I run non adjustable parts you are looking at. Street they still gave a good ride with my coilovers. But check with bar on ride quality to be sure,.I autocross 6-8 times a year. They are all you need for you use. Toe links, trailing arms, poly upper rear arm bushings , and ploy cradle bushings will keep the rearend in place and eliminate wheel hop. For sways yes definitely go with 2012 and up. You will need 2012 rear arms, bars and stock drop endlink to make it work.
Hogiewan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
rangerdave1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I ordered cradle bushings, BMR toe arms and trailing arms. I will start with that and go from there.
rangerdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
The Non Adjustable Lower Control Arms are for Lowered Cars only. They have provisions for either the Early or Late SwayBars
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I went adjustable DSE on mine with BMR 1" drop springs shop both companies really hard because one part is cheaper than the other but then next is higher and shop the classifieds and Black Friday deals most offer Black Friday sales or Veterans Day sales.
Also I went with a stock 1LE front bar with the upgraded/updated rear LCAs from a 1212+ with a 32mm rear bar.
I also scored a set of PAFDT sub frame bushings on the forum really cheap best mod ever!!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Suede Steering wheel, short throw shifter. Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, C7 GS Calipers, PAFDT Solid Cradle bushing, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote