Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #1
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Lets do camaro5 memories.

Here's my '10 SS on the way to camaro5 Indy #1 with the Mid Atlantic group caravan. Who remembers the Indy State Police waiting for us at the Ohio/Indy border?
This was at the lunch break somewhere in Pa. We also did camaro5 #1 in Valdosta Ga in 2010 with the Mid Atlantic group. Also the assembly plant tour with the Pa
group into Canada. Also my other other personal trips up and down the East coast including, Annapolis Md, DC, South Florida. etc. Please post up your photos from
the last several years of family and friends enjoying traveling in the great 5th & 6th Gen Camaros. I hope I'm not the only "old timer" still left here on camaro5.
Lets see them.
Attached Images

Last edited by myold88; 08-06-2017 at 01:33 PM.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Great idea! No road trips yet in my 2013 Vert...
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
My memories of Camaro5fest III, IV, VI, and VII.
Attached Images

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Here's my '10 SS on the way to camaro5 Indy #1 with the Mid Atlantic group caravan. Who remembers the Indy State Police waiting for us at the Ohio/Indy border?
This was at the lunch break somewhere in Pa. We also did camaro5 #1 in Valdosta Ga in 2010 with the Mid Atlantic group. Also the assembly plant tour with the Pa
group into Canada. Also my other other personal trips up and down the East coast including, Annapolis Md, DC, South Florida. etc. Please post up your photos from
the last several years of family and friends enjoying traveling in the great 5th & 6th Gen Camaros. I hope I'm not the only "old timer" still left here on camaro5.
Lets see them.
I'm still on here. I was at the III, IV, VI & VII also.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I'm still on here. I was at the III, IV, VI & VII also.
Nice. ..Your a real camaro5 fan. Personal trips are interesting also. Here's my
Junior High School buddy Lenny. We've been best friends ever since. I drove
my almost new SS down to South Florida. I couldn't wait for him to get behind
the wheel. We then drove to Key West Fl for couple days... Life's too short to
drive boring cars. If you ever saw the movie Stand By Me, you will agree with
the quote: "You will never have friends like you had in grade school".
Attached Images

Last edited by myold88; 08-07-2017 at 01:09 PM.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Nice. ..Your a real camaro5 fan. Personal trips are interesting also. Here's my
Junior High School buddy Lenny. We've been best friends ever since. I drove
my almost new SS down to South Florida. I couldn't wait for him to get behind
the wheel. We then drove to Key West Fl for couple days... Life's too short to
drive boring cars. If you ever saw the movie Stand By Me, you will agree with
the quote: "You will never have friends like you had in grade school".
Guys my age(82) aren't car guys, so I hang with guys in the 50's.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Guys my age(82) aren't car guys, so I hang with guys in the 50's.
See, Just when I thought I was the oldest here.. lol.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Here's my story....
When I first saw a new 5th gen Camaro, I was taking my 08 Malibu in for an oil change. When I saw someone taking delivery of the Camaro, my first thought was that it was ugly.

Fast forward a bit to when they announced the 5th Gen Camaro convertible for '11'. I wanted one in a bad way, so I ordered one fully loaded.

While waiting for it to be delivered, GM decides to announce the new ZL1 !. Thank you very much GM for coming out with something even better before I even have a chance to get the first one.!!!!!

But..... It wasn't a convertible, the ZL1 convertible came out the following year, and the day it was announced, I told BeckyD .I WANT ONE'

It turns out she only got a single convertible allocation when they first were released. Thankfully that allocation went to me.!!

So the wait begins again. Now that I had already been through the ordering/waiting ordeal with my '11' (a long story in itself), and because I already had a 5th Gen, I thought the wait would be much more tolerable the second time around.

Ha.

In the meantime, I learned about a line worker at Oshawa named 'Super60' that had been known to autograph build sheets once in a while for Camaro5 members. Once my ZL1 was ordered and I had a TPW, I sent Super60 an e-mail asking him he would simply pat my ZL1 on the fender as it came down the line and assure it that It's going to a good home.

Pause for a min here.....
A few years earlier, I had a mild heart attack, It was treated by installing a total of 4 stents and I was doing OK, but things of this nature make you wonder just how much longer you have.

I ordered this dream car knowing I'd probably ever buy a new one after this one. The years are creeping up on me fast. I was hoping It would be delivered in time for my 60th birthday, August 28th. Production on the ZL1 convertibles began in August and my TPW was 8-12-12.

As I hoped, the waiting period started out better than the last time, but after the car was 'built', it lingered at the factory without being shipped. WTF??

I was in constant contact with BeckD, but the car didn't seem to want to budge from the factory.

Days go by, the 28th is getting closer, and I'm trying to wait patiently. Trying seems to be the key word here.

After a while we discover the car was shipped, but is now at the local train yard, but again, it's not moving from there.

Come the 27th, I'm at work, and all hell breaks lose at work. The companies E-Mail server crashes big time and I hadn't made a back-up in 6 months. (another long story).
Since I was the Network Systems Administrator, it was my neck at risk.
I couldn't get the server to boot at all. To say this day was going down the toilet in a big way is an understatement. I thought I would be fired for sure.

About this time, BeckyD calls me and asks if I could come down to the dealership by 7:30pm (The dealership is open late that night). If I can get there, she will personally drive us over to the local train yard and get the damn car ourselves.

I have to tell her I'm in trouble at work and probably won't be able to make it. By this time, I'm fed up with the delivery problems and start to think, F it, I don't care if it ever gets here.

After a bit I decide to call the local IT company we deal with and ask for someone to come out and see what they can do with the server. Once that was taken care of, I decide there's no reason for me to stick around at work, so I called BeckyD to tell her, yes I can make it after all.

I get to Rodgers all depressed with everything, and Joe pulls me over to the side while we wait for Becky to bring her car around so we can head out to the train yard. For some reason, Joe is making sure I'm looking elsewhere when a car pulls around . At first glance I thought it'd be BeckyD, but all her cars are white, and this one is black?

It takes me a min to realize, that's not BeckyD's car IT'S MINE !!!!!

Right about the time I realize it's my car, I see a few people walking towards be from the back of the car lot. Then a few more, then a few more. They were about a dozen members of our local Camaro club (The Detroit5thGen)! They were there to help with the delivery surprise!!!!

Rodger's had an entire birthday party for me !!!

Honest to God, if you have ever seen the show Overhauling, That's what it felt like to me.

I was so overwhelmed, I didn't know what to do. For the first time ever, I was speechless. Words cannot describe how I felt that day and STILL feel that way 5 years later.

I had done many things for friends over the years when they needed help, but this was the first time anybody had ever done anything for me. I will remember and cherish that day for the rest of my life.

They took the worst day I had EVER had, and turned it around to THE BEST day I've ever had !!!!

BTW, it turns out that Super60 HAD signed my build sheet, just in time for my 60th birthday.
Attached Images

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
myold88

Great story Tim. And memories forever.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #10
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Tim, where's the smiles? Missed true Kodak moments.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:42 PM   #11
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Tim, where's the smiles? Missed true Kodak moments.
I was just too stunned to smile
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #12
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Indy Fest with wife and kids

Good memories, for sure! My son got to see his first drag race.
Attached Images

chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #13
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
We did not lay down at the races! Wth?
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #14
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Awesome story, Tim! Definitely hope you enjoy for a long, long time!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote