Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #29
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Only when it's a V6 being talked about.
You know what I'm saying lol
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #30
Shawno72

You know what I wanna do? I wanna head to the local dyno/tuner shop that specializes in V8 Camaros. They tend to be a little bit of a horsepower snob with their high power V8s and I suppose it's justified. I mean come on they are legitimately making well over 800rwhp, anyways I wanna just show up with my NA remotely tuned V6 with just bolt ons and push close to 325rwhp. Watch their jaws drop and talk quietly amongst each other then when they ask me what I'm running or what's the secret say "you v8 guys wouldn't understand, it's just a v6" Hahahaha
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 04-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #31
Shawno72

Quote:
I was agreeing.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #32
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Well, considering a stock L99 can barely outrun me and I'm only in the 280 whp range, I'm pretty sure Derek won't have any issues "performing".
You totally missed the point. For all you know, your car could be running right next to derek's with the "280rwhp" vs his "300+rwhp".

Quote:
Only when it's a V6 being talked about.
You have persecution issues bud. No one here has said anything negative about v6s.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #33
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
and when i have a 100 shot on tap bam.. happy days

shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #34
Shawno72

Oh happy day...
Old 04-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #35
shags

i get what you are saying ZYBORG.. back in the 90's i build 2 mid 10 sec street car's we never ran them on a dyno it was all street and strip tune but now it seem as if nothing is legit unless it has dyno numbers.. but as for the v6 just numbers alone it's a big deal but you never know it could get smoked by a lesser v6 i get that part.. but still it's awesome aye!

Old 04-17-2016, 10:57 AM   #36
shags

Seems impossible to get a good tq numbers out of this v6 without a power adder huh?

Old 04-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #37
Shawno72

Yeah I will agree that in the end the driving experience and track fun will determine a cars real power output
Old 04-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #38
shags

yeah just in general .. that damn ecoboost they get 400whtq drives me crazy lol

Old 04-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #39
shags

Haha true.. I can't afford a TT set up on this thing 6500 bucks ugh.. so NOS will have to do

Old 04-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #40
shags

Yeah I've seen kits for 639 plus a few extras. . Still maybe can do it under 900 bucks or less

Old 04-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #41
mjf12080

Drives: 2014 V6 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
You totally missed the point. For all you know, your car could be running right next to derek's with the "280rwhp" vs his "300+rwhp".

You have persecution issues bud. No one here has said anything negative about v6s.
Well this escalated quickly lol, I dont care about anything but the fact the OP pulled great numbers. I dont care if it was a glory pull on a happy dyno with a 3rd gear pull! Best NA numbers we have seen so. PROPS

Engine Mods: 80mm throttle body, Jac Fab Intake Spacer and Ported Manifold, Injen CAI, Apex cathc can, Dyno Tune by Performance Dyno NH.

Driveline: 1LE Diff, MGW Short Throw Shifter.

Suspension: 1LE front and rear sways. Pedders adjustabale endlinks, 1LE front and rear struts with Hotchkis Sport springs.

Appearance: Painted engine cover & fuse box cover, Satin Black SS 20's, full IOM interior, ZL1 spoiler, Matte Black Stripes

Sound: Alpine 12in type R, sealed box, 1200 watt mono amp.
mjf12080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #42
shags

Nice.. that's not bad at all