Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #15
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
https://books.google.com/books?id=8b...%20map&f=false
The compressor is designed to be most efficient at a certain rpm and psi boost.
If you get outside that "sweet spot" it still works but makes less boost per hp the belt needs to spin it, and also higher temperatures.
Keep in mind if you double the psi you will double the output temperature without an intercooler so that is mostly where the heat complaint comes from, that compressed air physics thing.
There is a compressor map chart in the pages above the linked page, with additional charts and formula's.
Simply speaking a larger blower doesn't make "more power" unless your engine needs it at the psi and rpm and air volume it eats. A larger intercooler inside the blower case most always helps too.
This doesn't discount that you can spin the LSA TVS1900 blower much faster and retain reasonable efficiency, say compared to an old roots 6-71 blower. Nor does it discount that a larger blower up to a Kong 2650 would make more power (at a higher $ cost) on a high boost high hp engine.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #16
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
OP did not ask if he could spin his 1900 @ 25xxx RPM..why are we telling him that is a better choice than upgrading to the TVS2300 that he has already decided on? It's got twice the cooling cooling capacity and 25% more air flow at the same RPM?

heck if you do not mind cutting your hood that new Magnuson 2650 is a freak, albeit overkill - but not that much more $$ than the 2300.

regarding pulley combos/packages, I would consult with your tuner and/or the supplier you choose over in your country.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:46 PM   #17
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Because he hasn't purchased it yet, and he could reach his goal without buying a different SC and all the labor and parts for that or change his mind that exactly 850+ is required. Or step up to some big hp (King) Kong style.

https://kongperformance.com/collecti...ce-lsa-tvs2650
"The first LSA vehicle tested was a 418ci LSA engine. The car baselined at 860rwhp with a ported factory LSA supercharger and a 2.55" upper. We then swapped on the Kong LSA 2650 the same day and made 1003rwhp with a 3.0" pulley. No other changes. Roughly +140rwhp was achieved while turning the Supercharger slower than the previous setup. .."

Last edited by silversleeper; 01-06-2020 at 09:56 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #18
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Tons? What...ten fatties? And it took you two months to formulate that thought?

I know what CVS guys have done to their LSA's. Do you know how many of them have replaced their blowers...or their engines?

If it's safe to regularly over rev the charger, why not tune it and over rev the engine as well? Not saying it can't be done, but at what cost? How long will the voodoo last at 8250 rpm? And how many will make it to 150k-200k miles if the regularly rev it to 8250?

Spew this crap over at MG6.
Just seeing this.......lol. No, it didn't take me two months to formulate shit. I don't spend every waking second on here or any forum. Usually I am in my garage or actually put my car through the paces. What is mg6???

You comment about the engine is just, well for lack of a better term... retarded. Unless you have a light weight rotating assembly and valve train to accommodate it.

I don't know who ten fatties are...lol

Good luck there bubba, I'll spin my LSA supercharge as high as I want, I guess there's a **** ton of guys that don't know what they're doing going stupid fast with an LSA blower.

Have fun, peace!
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #19
RyangAsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
OP did not ask if he could spin his 1900 @ 25xxx RPM..why are we telling him that is a better choice than upgrading to the TVS2300 that he has already decided on? It's got twice the cooling cooling capacity and 25% more air flow at the same RPM?

heck if you do not mind cutting your hood that new Magnuson 2650 is a freak, albeit overkill - but not that much more $$ than the 2300.

regarding pulley combos/packages, I would consult with your tuner and/or the supplier you choose over in your country.
You are correct here... the tvs2300 makes power more efficiently. (cooler) I think what we were offering was a more cost effective solution.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #20
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyangAsh View Post
You are correct here... the tvs2300 makes power more efficiently. (cooler) I think what we were offering was a more cost effective solution.
I myself am debating this same exact option of going full tilt with my lsa or going with the Maggie heartbeat . My goal aswell is to hit 850 crank hp’s . Seems that it’s half the cost of having your lsa ported as oppose to buying a Maggie .

Would there be a trade off of going full tilt on the lsa then you would of to make sure you get the cooling done properly ie: afco heat exchanger , resivior ,pump and what not . As with porting and changing pulleys will be spinning the charger quicker and produce heat faster .
As oppose to :
Buying the Maggie would you have to go with the same cooling stuff? . I know regardless having the cooling stuff is bonus regardless and am gonna do it anyway .. sorry for the thread jack
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:25 AM   #21
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I have been debating going to the TVS2300 instead of porting my blower. I was wondering how much stuff I would have to change that are in my signature.
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #22
Risingson05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONMAD510 View Post
I have been debating going to the TVS2300 instead of porting my blower. I was wondering how much stuff I would have to change that are in my signature.
What are you putting down number wise ?
Old 01-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #23
RyangAsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I myself am debating this same exact option of going full tilt with my lsa or going with the Maggie heartbeat . My goal aswell is to hit 850 crank hp’s . Seems that it’s half the cost of having your lsa ported as oppose to buying a Maggie .

Would there be a trade off of going full tilt on the lsa then you would of to make sure you get the cooling done properly ie: afco heat exchanger , resivior ,pump and what not . As with porting and changing pulleys will be spinning the charger quicker and produce heat faster .
As oppose to :
Buying the Maggie would you have to go with the same cooling stuff? . I know regardless having the cooling stuff is bonus regardless and am gonna do it anyway .. sorry for the thread jack

I don't currently possess the data logs on ported vs non-ported LSA blower. It SHOULD be more efficient. What really makes it inefficient is the rotor design. You want the best cooling possible regardless. 850 wheel is most certainly doable with the LSA, but as we have already argued, it will need to be spun fast. ( not a big deal at all in my book, but me and 10 other fatties don't know shit, lol)

If I went with a maggie, I would spend the extra change and go inner-chiller from the boys down in AUS. The exchange rate in dollar favors us big time.

The cost of rebuilding an LSA is nill IMO, I am unsure why so many people get all bent out of shape about it. Super easy blower to work on..
Old 01-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #24
Risingson05

Quote:
I don't currently possess the data logs on ported vs non-ported LSA blower. It SHOULD be more efficient. What really makes it inefficient is the rotor design. You want the best cooling possible regardless. 850 wheel is most certainly doable with the LSA, but as we have already argued, it will need to be spun fast. ( not a big deal at all in my book, but me and 10 other fatties don't know shit, lol)

If I went with a maggie, I would spend the extra change and go inner-chiller from the boys down in AUS. The exchange rate in dollar favors us big time.

The cost of rebuilding an LSA is nill IMO, I am unsure why so many people get all bent out of shape about it. Super easy blower to work on..

I agree on cost on rebuilding the lsa looks to be really reasonable . Hmm my guts telling me to get my lsa ported and spend the rest of the money on other mods as oppose to buying a Maggie .. as always I can put the Maggie on later down the road and sell my lsa kit .
Old 01-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #25
RyangAsh

Quote:
I agree on cost on rebuilding the lsa looks to be really reasonable . Hmm my guts telling me to get my lsa ported and spend the rest of the money on other mods as oppose to buying a Maggie .. as always I can put the Maggie on later down the road and sell my lsa kit .
I am going this same route sir...so I am with ya!
Old 01-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #26
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
What is mg6???

You comment about the engine is just, well for lack of a better term... retarded.

I don't know who ten fatties are...lol

Good luck there bubba, I'll spin my LSA supercharge as high as I want...
I love it!
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:03 PM   #27
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
What are you putting down number wise ?
691RWHP
Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote