Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
hansolojones17

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Stabilitrak problems

having an issue with my 2010 camaro ss, a couple weeks ago i started my car to let it warm up and when i got ready to pull off the check engine light comes on. before i can get down the block my traction control light comes on. soon after the abs and emergency brake light come on and every gauge on the dash starts going haywire. i pull into a gas station and turn the car off and wait about 10 mins. started the car up no lights on, but it starts to surge in park. a few seconds later service stabilitrak pops up and the gauges start going crazy again. my car is basically stock with a CAI, I took it to a GM dealer and he said it was showing a P0700 code and a lot of other codes. but how would the stabilitrak system mess up the transmission. i’m kinda at a loss here any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
hansolojones17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #2
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
I had a similar event in my 14 2SS. Driving to work. Threw a bunch of codes and lights you mentioned. Electric steering went heavy. Took it to a dealer since it was under warranty. They checked everything, charged the battery, cleaned the battery terminals, grounds were removed, brushed and retorqued. They had it for 2 days. They couldn't find any particular cause. The service lane guy thought it was low voltage to the computers, but they never found a problem. I think it was no more than a few months later, it didn't start one day. I changed the battery to a Duralast Platinum AGM battery. No problems since. That was almost 2 years ago.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Get a new battery!
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yup throwing random codes is a symptom of a low battery, or any number of things from a loose MAF seal, loose ground wire or plug in to the Fuel injection, loose or broken PCV hose , etc etc etc. I would check the only thing you installed and make sure the MAF sensor is sealed well and the tubes not loose. Good Luck.