Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #169
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
My mistake everyone...

I thought this thread was started by a vendor. I see now that it wasn't. I have undeleted the previously removed posts regarding superchargers...

Sorry for the intrusion on my part.

Thanks Milk for giving me a heads up.

Play on Boys!!!

Please keep it respectful.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #170
Whipple Charged

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Where is the Whipple kit then. Haven't seen updates on it in a while.

Not trying to be sarcastic I'm actually curious. We've been attempting to see when kits are going to be available for both KB and Whipple but not much communication back so far.
Will be out in just a few weeks.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #171
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Dustin,

I am well aware that you and Mr Bell have disagreements in most everything. I also know that you guys are arch rivals, and dont really like eachother very much.

The information I gave, is via kenne bell, and able to be verified on KB's website. So if you want to call BS, then be my gust. But its readily avail for everyone to see.

If you want to call BS on something as trivial as "Patent Pending" or "Pateneted", then that is fine also. But the simple fact of the matter s, is the patent process has been put in motion, and they are currently awaiting the number. So during this time, I guess you can call BS all you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Not true:
1. Claims patent pending, but currently no patents are awarded.
2. These are not CNC'd 6061 material. The housings are extruded aluminum which is NOT the same as Billet.
3. Does not, these rotors were designed in the mid 80's by SRM and they're sister company Opcon Autorotor.
4. There is nothing wrong with cast parts, and it offers many other benefits that extruded aluminum does not.
5. Hard anodizing has been proven to have very low thermal conductivity and lower heat dissipation.
6. They don't have an engine dyno.
7. Years?
8. Not true, were releasing water cooled units shortly.
9. Patent pending vent valve. Not patented.
10. This is a joke, Whipple has the biggest sc's and is a true MFG, not an importer from J&M Tech. Whipple has, and you can currently purchase the 4.0 and 5.0, as well as the 8.3. The 4.5 and 5.2 are just on the horizion as is the 13 and 16 liter SC's.
11. Where is this BS coming from? We, as in Whipple, are the only twin screw mfg in the US, and have been building GM kits since 1988.
12. Undisputed leader by they're own propaganda. Why does Ford Racing pick Whipple? Why did Shelby start offering Whipple after originally offering KB?

Almost none of these facts you posted are even remotely true. Again, KB doesn't even mfg superchargers. They import them from J&M Tech, or HPS Superchargers, look them up. Those housings are not machined from a solid piece of billet, they're extruded aluminum housings. Then machined, then hard anodizied. Extrusions are not as strong as raw billet.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #172
thalilbear02

Drives: Searching for 6th Gen 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Not true:
1. Claims patent pending, but currently no patents are awarded.
2. These are not CNC'd 6061 material. The housings are extruded aluminum which is NOT the same as Billet.
3. Does not, these rotors were designed in the mid 80's by SRM and they're sister company Opcon Autorotor.
4. There is nothing wrong with cast parts, and it offers many other benefits that extruded aluminum does not.
5. Hard anodizing has been proven to have very low thermal conductivity and lower heat dissipation.
6. They don't have an engine dyno.
7. Years?
8. Not true, were releasing water cooled units shortly.
9. Patent pending vent valve. Not patented.
10. This is a joke, Whipple has the biggest sc's and is a true MFG, not an importer from J&M Tech. Whipple has, and you can currently purchase the 4.0 and 5.0, as well as the 8.3. The 4.5 and 5.2 are just on the horizion as is the 13 and 16 liter SC's.
11. Where is this BS coming from? We, as in Whipple, are the only twin screw mfg in the US, and have been building GM kits since 1988.
12. Undisputed leader by they're own propaganda. Why does Ford Racing pick Whipple? Why did Shelby start offering Whipple after originally offering KB?

Almost none of these facts you posted are even remotely true. Again, KB doesn't even mfg superchargers. They import them from J&M Tech, or HPS Superchargers, look them up. Those housings are not machined from a solid piece of billet, they're extruded aluminum housings. Then machined, then hard anodizied. Extrusions are not as strong as raw billet.
Wow looks like someone wants to get into a c**k measuring fight

Regardless of the situation though, some of your claims even despite their being correct or not really turns me off. The fact that you're whining on the forum turns off a lot of potential customers such as myself.

Unfortunately your annoying whining about how someones claims might be slightly incorrect as far as a patent MIGHT be pending or not just sounds like a 5 year old trying to tell their parent that they're incorrect about something.

I wish you luck with your kit, but so far, it's not looking good at least from my perspective
Old 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #173
thalilbear02

I'll tell you what Whipple Charged, if you can prove to me ( and don't worry you wont be proving just to me ), that your supercharger is better in comparison to Kenne Bell, please, present the facts. I would like to see what you say, as well as if there really are any benefits to your kit compared to the KB.

It's a hard task especially when considering that the KB makes 579RWHP as stated on their website, and from your website, it looks like you're about 40RWHP or so off. BUT, if you can show me, and others, that you have a better product, without complaining about patent pending issues and that, I would be highly interested.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #174
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
thalibear02 remember that the KB comes with a high flow air cleaner, where the whipple uses the factory box like the tvs2300 kits. The 2300 kits were seeing roughly 20hp more with a CIA. With a cold air kit maybe the whipple will be closer to the KB numbers. Cool thing about the KB is it comes with a boost-a -pump. I hope the whipple is priced with that in mind. Im torn between the two and want to order in the next month so hopefully whipple will be out by then.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #175
thalilbear02

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
thalibear02 remember that the KB comes with a high flow air cleaner, where the whipple uses the factory box like the tvs2300 kits. The 2300 kits were seeing roughly 20hp more with a CIA. With a cold air kit maybe the whipple will be closer to the KB numbers. Cool thing about the KB is it comes with a boost-a -pump. I hope the whipple is priced with that in mind. Im torn between the two and want to order in the next month so hopefully whipple will be out by then.
This is true, but sometimes it's not necessarily all about the HP to some. Yes, in my mind it's very necessary as long as you're running safe power.

As you are, I'm obviously looking into getting a twin screw in specific, I'm done with centrifugal and turbos as they can get annoying and are often very finicky. Hopefully though, if Whipple can please respond, maybe we'll get some more insight
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #176
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalilbear02 View Post

It's a hard task especially when considering that the KB makes 579RWHP as stated on their website, and from your website, it looks like you're about 40RWHP or so off. BUT, if you can show me, and others, that you have a better product, without complaining about patent pending issues and that, I would be highly interested.
Whipple is using a AUTO L99 (IIRC) vs KB with a LS3 M6
Old 01-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #177
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
i agree. Iam not after the highest HP anymore. I want reliable horsepower
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #178
thalilbear02

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
How come that's not stated on their website? Obviously a confirmation of this would be good. An actual video would be good (actually from both companies would be awesome).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
i agree. Iam not after the highest HP anymore. I want reliable horsepower
On the money here. A good reliable system would really be in order for the Camaro.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #179
Geneus

Drives: 2003 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalilbear02 View Post
This is true, but sometimes it's not necessarily all about the HP to some. Yes, in my mind it's very necessary as long as you're running safe power.

As you are, I'm obviously looking into getting a twin screw in specific, I'm done with centrifugal and turbos as they can get annoying and are often very finicky. Hopefully though, if Whipple can please respond, maybe we'll get some more insight

LOL...I love reading this thread...and my Z06 is N/A. But the last time I checked, the Camaro is made by Chevy...the same company that makes the Corvette. And the Camaro comes with an LS3 engine...just like the Corvette. With that said, why not take a stroll over to the Corvette Forum and post in the C6-FI section asking how many people over there are running a KB based application and what kind of results have they had, as they (KB) have been offering their system for the Corvette community for nearly 3 years?

Just remember...as Sy Syms (famous clothing company here in the Northeast) use to say (and his son and daughter still say)..."an educated consumer is our best customer."
Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #180
Total_Perf_Eng

Guys, Im sure the whipple is gonna be a great kit, and produce some nice numbers. Hell, even I inquired about them a while back. Unfortunately, I was the one who did the chasing, and never got a call back. So I ultimately went with KB.

But the point I am trying to make, is that all of the kits have their place. Wether Billet, or Cast, in the right setup, they will work great. I dont want this to be a mine is better than yours. KB has great features that no other supercharger manufacturer on the market has, but im sure the maggie ad whipple do to.

Its a personal choice after all other options have ben weighed.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #181
Total_Perf_Eng

Heres a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneus View Post
LOL...I love reading this thread...and my Z06 is N/A. But the last time I checked, the Camaro is made by Chevy...the same company that makes the Corvette. And the Camaro comes with an LS3 engine...just like the Corvette. With that said, why not take a stroll over to the Corvette Forum and post in the C6-FI section asking how many people over there are running a KB based application and what kind of results have they had, as they (KB) have been offering their system for the Corvette community for nearly 3 years?

Just remember...as Sy Syms (famous clothing company here in the Northeast) use to say (and his son and daughter still say)..."an educated consumer is our best customer."
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #182
Total_Perf_Eng

KB has done both the Auto and M6.

The should have dyno sheets u any day on their site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post

Closed Thread