Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #715
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
My feelings are that a dealer could claim you changed air flow over valves, or whatever, and void your warranty! Just wondering... I know some dealers will overlook, others will not overlook. Some factory reps overlook or accept if repairs are needed?
I'm not sure how far I'm taking a leap, but considering there was a time I remember reading about denied claims for MAF contamination from over-oiled air filters, I imagine a case could be made that a CAI changes the characteristics and dynamics of air flow past the MAF therefore there's a chance of impacting some aspects of powertrain control and tuning. I think that's a HUGE stretch, but I could see that happening, but don't know that it has. I do, in fact, believe there is a case for it, considering I remember some MAF issues when a certain turbo kit company was working with my tuner on a 4th Gen car. If the MAF wasn't placed in a proper area, the signal was not representative of actual flow and the car didn't run correctly. After changing the placement of the MAF, the car worked a lot better. This was second-hand info' from my tuner, but I've not known him to be anything but an honest guy.

Anytime you modify your car, you risk warranty issues. The law may say the manufacturer has to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue, but I've seen and experienced too many times where the customer has to authorize teardown of the problem and be liable for all charges in the meantime. My point is, is that the customer can be responsible for dealer charges, like storage, teardown fees, etc., while the manufacturer determines responsibility and they have lawyers that will fight to the death. If you don't have the same backing, nor are interested in taking the risk, stay away from mod'ing the car. The chances really are that as long as you're responsible with the mods' and don't abuse the car, you'll be okay. Stuff does happen; you just have to know your limitations...

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #716
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm not sure how far I'm taking a leap, but considering there was a time I remember reading about denied claims for MAF contamination from over-oiled air filters, I imagine a case could be made that a CAI changes the characteristics and dynamics of air flow past the MAF therefore there's a chance of impacting some aspects of powertrain control and tuning. I think that's a HUGE stretch, but I could see that happening, but don't know that it has. I do, in fact, believe there is a case for it, considering I remember some MAF issues when a certain turbo kit company was working with my tuner on a 4th Gen car. If the MAF wasn't placed in a proper area, the signal was not representative of actual flow and the car didn't run correctly. After changing the placement of the MAF, the car worked a lot better. This was second-hand info' from my tuner, but I've not known him to be anything but an honest guy.

Anytime you modify your car, you risk warranty issues. The law may say the manufacturer has to prove the aftermarket part caused the issue, but I've seen and experienced too many times where the customer has to authorize teardown of the problem and be liable for all charges in the meantime. My point is, is that the customer can be responsible for dealer charges, like storage, teardown fees, etc., while the manufacturer determines responsibility and they have lawyers that will fight to the death. If you don't have the same backing, nor are interested in taking the risk, stay away from mod'ing the car. The chances really are that as long as you're responsible with the mods' and don't abuse the car, you'll be okay. Stuff does happen; you just have to know your limitations...

JMVHO.
Exactly my point! When it comes to paying for a repair and you have on long tubes, you can be held hostage to the repair. So, for what it's worth, why risk it? I would say the addition of long tubes and CAI --- IS -- going to change some settings. And for the 2/10ths of a second difference here and there (wherever that is), do you really want to risk your 5yr/100k warranty? Not me!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #717
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Exactly my point! When it comes to paying for a repair and you have on long tubes, you can be held hostage to the repair. So, for what it's worth, why risk it? I would say the addition of long tubes and CAI --- IS -- going to change some settings. And for the 2/10ths of a second difference here and there (wherever that is), do you really want to risk your 5yr/100k warranty? Not me!
Not me either. Does that mean I'm not going to do some of these things? No - but believe I'm going to make sure what I do is right and if I need tuning, that it's done the right way, too. While I know these cars are all designed to take a little abuse, there are too many people who would try to take advantage of a dealer or manufacturer's generosity.

You gotta' pay to play. It's easier when you start with such a bad @$$ car like ZL1.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #718
BlackJacket

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
They changed the gauges (RPM and Speedo) The needles are now straight and do not have that slight bend to them. At least, that's what it looks like from the teaser pics. Any hint yet on price points?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #719
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
These are awesome pictures too BTW so thanks mods for bumping this thread back up!!

Last edited by Z28RockStar; 04-12-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #720
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
might have to think about trading mine in
Pfadt rear tie rods
Pfadt rear trailing arms
Pfadt rear lower control arm reinforcement bracket
Kooks Long tube headers and high flow cats
Airaid Cold air intake
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Mti short throw shifter
Jannetty tune
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #721
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
i'm digging the rims.. .look hot.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #722
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
I think people complaining about microfiber suede ARE irritated its NOT cowhide! Yes some of us like to sit on tanned finished cowhide leather surfaces.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #723
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Most seem to be complaining about the stability and longevity of actual "split" cowhide.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #724
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
I think people complaining about microfiber suede ARE irritated its NOT cowhide! Yes some of us like to sit on tanned finished cowhide leather surfaces.
Personally, I hate sliding around on leather seats.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #725
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Personally, I hate sliding around on leather seats.
I wouldn't know. I haven't been that skinny since 1998...
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #726
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texzen View Post
I wouldn't know. I haven't been that skinny since 1998...

Hopefully not for much longer.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #727
LOCKENESS-MONSTA

Drives: Like a pro
All I can say is i need one of those
Old 04-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #728
ZL-1 The Hunter

Drives: VW Jetta TDI
New to the site and I can't wait for this car to go into production. I've been waiting for the Z28, but IMHO, I think GM did the right thing with the ZL-1!

Now I just have to find a way to save a buy one, ha.
ZL-1 The Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote