Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-25-2023, 08:56 PM   #1
Tomtom87

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Best LSA tuners in the Midwest? Specifically Illinois

Looking for any recommendations for the best tuners in this area? Thanks!
Tomtom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:04 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtom87 View Post
Looking for any recommendations for the best tuners in this area? Thanks!
I would be glad to help you via Remote tuning.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...cadillac-cts-v
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Jannetty, or you can drive to Detroit: Livernois, IF you can get an appointment....
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 04:18 PM   #4
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Jannetty, or you can drive to Detroit: Livernois, IF you can get an appointment....
Would not go with Livernois over Janetty on an LSA..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 05:11 PM   #5
Tomtom87

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I would be glad to help you via Remote tuning.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...cadillac-cts-v
Thanks everyone. And yes I am actually very interested in the 125whp package you have but since you are on the east coast I was just having some reservations on remote tuning vs an actual dyno tune. Pros n cons and what not
Tomtom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:08 PM   #6
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Would not go with Livernois over Janetty on an LSA..
Just curious to know what if any issues you have had with Livernois, I have been dealing with them for about the last ten years and have had good experiences with them.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:14 PM   #7
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
I have heard good things about Nickey's I think they are near the Chicago area and have heard great things about Livernois and Janetty also.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:35 PM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I've read good things about all of them as well.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:43 PM   #9
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
Just curious to know what if any issues you have had with Livernois, I have been dealing with them for about the last ten years and have had good experiences with them.
They are long to get into and quick to dump you when you pick up, and it’s never their problem, it’s always the part they used or something that was wrong with your car before you brought it in. Most SE Michigan clubs are not fans. Their market is for someone that doesn’t know much about working on cars and therefore you won’t be able to argue with them about the problem in you car.

If it’s a LSA I would go to either Lingenfelter, or Katech..
Old 08-28-2023, 08:51 PM   #10
ZMEnow

Quote:
Thanks everyone. And yes I am actually very interested in the 125whp package you have but since you are on the east coast I was just having some reservations on remote tuning vs an actual dyno tune. Pros n cons and what not
My 125 dyno’d 635 and has run solid since 2014. Back then you had to send in several data logs to get it just right, now he makes you buy an AFR wideband , so he will get it right the first time. Besides he has always picked up the phone and answered any questions about performance.. He was the base for most of the original owners when these cars were bought new..
Old 08-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #11
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Good to know! I forgot about Lingenfelter...arent they into C8s now more than anything? I follow them and thats about all I see from them...
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:53 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
We install here and ship our performance packages all over the world, support them with phone tech, and I personally remote tune and dyno tune every one of them.

Pros n cons

Just because a guy has a hammer that doesn't make him a carpenter.

Experience is something I had to earn over the last 45 years, and I will be the one tuning your car.

Most shops bring in outside tuners and go through them like candy so you never know who is tuning your car.

I am one of very few shops that both own and tune so, I personally have my hands in everything day to day.

I appreciate you considering JRE for all your performance needs.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:09 PM   #13
ZMEnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Good to know! I forgot about Lingenfelter...arent they into C8s now more than anything? I follow them and thats about all I see from them...
Ken is into everything… He is associated with Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, Chevy, the likes. Yes he has always had the inside track for magneson sc, and exhaust for new Chevy products. The shift to C8 is only because Mary killed the Camaro.. I would again look at Janetty as he was doing this on caddies long before the ZL1 gave birth.
Old 08-30-2023, 04:40 PM   #14
CrazyZl1

Drives: Chevy Zl1 M6 vert
I recommend NicKey performance. I personally own a NicKey car and I love it! No issues or drivability problems what so ever. NicKey tunes his cars on the dyno and the street for everyday drivability. The tuner is also one of the mechanics that builds the engines and cars. Stefano offers a lot of options depending on how you want the car to perform. If you go to the dyno thread, on the last page, NicKey has posted a video about my build. Gives you a little insight on what they do.

Also in late September there is an event called Muscle Car Adventures held in the Wisconsin Dells. It’s a fun multi day driving event, there will be a variety of NicKey cars there. If you wanted to see first hand how reliable and fun they are to own.
CrazyZl1 is offline   Reply With Quote