Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-24-2023, 04:29 PM   #1
Kevin C-ZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2015 Z28
Which Motive Pressure Bleeder Adaptor for our ZL1/Z28 MC reservoires?2

Hi Folks,
I am going to pressure bleed the hydraulic clutch on my 2015 Z28 and I was wondering if anyone has experience doing it with the Motive Pressure Bleeder system. I particularly need to know the correct Motive adapter to use on the master cylinder of our 5th gen Camaros (I am assuming they all use the same MC on all the manual cars). Thanks, Kevin
Kevin C-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C-ZL1 View Post
Hi Folks,
I am going to pressure bleed the hydraulic clutch on my 2015 Z28 and I was wondering if anyone has experience doing it with the Motive Pressure Bleeder system. I particularly need to know the correct Motive adapter to use on the master cylinder of our 5th gen Camaros (I am assuming they all use the same MC on all the manual cars). Thanks, Kevin
I don’t know if the Z28 uses a M6/MG9, so don’t know what the slave cylinder is but I would guess it’s a standard bleeder valve. I use a Mtyvac which comes with an assortment of hoses, but it’s a standard bleeder nipple.

It’s a bear to get the nipple open inside the trans which is the reason I installed an extended one man bleeder from Monster.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 04:05 AM   #3
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C-ZL1 View Post
Hi Folks,
Same MC on all manual cars. Bleeding clutch on lift and offset wrench with bleed tube/catch bottle is doable on lift. I use motive for all my cars. GM adapter I use is the metal one.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:49 AM   #4
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
I need to do this on my Z/28. Any way to keep the brake fluid from dribbling into undesirable cavities on/in the transmission? I'm stressing over corrosive fluid eating away at expensive components.