Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #29
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Just come to the C5 Fest. Most of the Camaro execs will be there & willhave their own silver sharpies. I brought my own because I wanted to use a silver paint sharpie. They say the regular ones work fine but I wanted to be sure. I suggest bringing a list of the names of the execs & have them sign the list as they sign the car. (last year Scott -fbodfather, gave a list of the execs planning to attend, before the fest). Most of the signatures are not legible & if you don't have a list with the matching signatures you will have a hard time knowing which signatures are whose.

And Scott Settlemire (fbodfather) did not design the 5th gen Camaro but he played a key role in pushing for it's return & in the planning for it.

Ruby mine looks exactely like this!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I had them sign the fuse box cover. I figured if some day I decide to sell the car the new owner may not like writing all over the strut towers. The fuse block cover can be replaced if a new owner doesn't like the signatures.

I had the guys sign with a gray Sharpie.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #31
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Here is a pic of Scott signing my 2012 for those who dont who he is
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #32
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Camaro Fest

Got them all to Sign nightmare
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #33
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I had mine signed as well, and don't regret it one bit! Silver sharpie and it's been there for two years. I didn't want to clear it, just incase it caused something to happen to the sharpie, but I do dust them!

Scott Settlemire

John Fitzpatrick

Two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. They never get bored talking about Camaros!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #34
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice pics everyone! Here's My old 2010 "Blackbee" All the sigs from Camaro fest and other events. Never get all of em like that on the new one
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #35
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Swing on by and i will be happy to sign it for you.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I met Scott in July of 1997 at a Camaro show in the Pocono's, PA. He has been a good friend ever since. He has signed my 02 SS and my 2010 SS. My 02 SS was also signed by Dave Hamberger of SLP since it was an SLP car. I know the general public doesn't know who Scott is, but that doesn't matter, but I do.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #37
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Not one person that I know, that got their car signed, cares what other people think. And I know quite a few people on here that have their car signed. I've been to the last 2 fests, and both times, there have been lines of cars waiting to get signed, because that's what THEY wanted. Also, I've had a lot of people ask me what the signatures were, and after I explained to them, that they were signatures of the design and engineer team, I always got "wow, that's pretty cool", or something to that affect.

and on another note, Scott, Fbodfather, is the marketing genius behind the 5th gen Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I met Scott in July of 1997 at a Camaro show in the Pocono's, PA. He has been a good friend ever since. He has signed my 02 SS and my 2010 SS. My 02 SS was also signed by Dave Hamberger of SLP since it was an SLP car. I know the general public doesn't know who Scott is, but that doesn't matter, but I do.
What they said............I think it all comes down to whether you appreciate the history and the support that GM and the staff that have been there through the concept, design and launch. Scott (f-bodfather) and the others work tirelessly to support folks like us who have a passion for their car. I've met him here at the fbody gathering held annually over Memorial Day and also at Camarofest. He appreciates the passion we have for our cars and spends a lot of time supporting the Camaro. Look forward to seeing him this weekend.

And BTW, he signed my car 2 years ago with paint pen, haven't cleared it or anything and it's still perfect!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #38
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I'm not knocking your comment, but I really don't care who gets it or what they think. At car shows those interested, ask & when I tell them they generally think it is pretty cool. It makes me smile every time I see them. My Camaro comrads get it, I get it and that is really all that matters to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Not really knocking this if that's what you like but I really don't get the concept. 99.9% of the general population that might ever see those sigs will have no idea of who they are and will just think that for some odd reason you had a number of friends "sign" your strut towers.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Oh child

Well specifically for starters Fbodfather, he'll be in Atlanta this weekend. But Al or any other of the design team would be cool, and frankly if I could more or less find people from Oshawa that I could almost verify them working when my car was built, unless they called out sick or something, I'd get them to sign it too.

I'll see if I can grab a silver Sharpie, thanks
Why is Fbodfather in Atlanta? And when? Thanks.