Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
IOM (w/ GFX) Paint Options

Well after a long struggle deciding on a color I saw a fully loaded IOM at a dealer and instantly knew that's what I wanted. I know a lot of people paint their GFX to match body but I really like the black contrast. I would keep the GFX black but maybe paint them a glossier black to match painted stripes. Which brings me to my point. I wanted to stay away from the typical stripes and do something a little more subtle. But I still want to customize it to make it "mine". What are your thoughts and opinions? Black accents on hood, blacked out head light fascia, black door handles, black gills, black side mirrors, black spoiler, and black/IOM bowties. The second set has the side stripe and blacked out decklid. I'm definitely leaning towards the first set but open to more ideas/comments.

BTW, am I crazy for wanting my spoiler painted black? I don't think I've seen that done yet. Anyone have photos of a painted spoiler?

Thanks.
Attached Images

P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Skyrunner

Drives: 2010 imperial blue Camaro
I think the first 3 photo's are best, that was my first pick for color but then i found the imperial blue and had to grad it.
Skyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
I don't actually like the groundfx, but it looks great on this!
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I think the first option is the best-looking... I love the contrast of the GFX, and the hood spears look great... I don't really like hockey stripes too much, especially the GM ones. Also, I think your front and rear bowties should match, and they should both be black. Someone had theirs painted IOM on an IOM car, and it was just too much orange. The black will break it up a bit more. Plus the black bowtie with chrome border looks amazing up front! I also love the spoiler idea, it reminds me of the first white one we saw which had black spoiler and black mirrors.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post
I think the first 3 photo's are best, that was my first pick for color but then i found the imperial blue and had to grad it.
Lucky for me I haven't seen imperial blue in person otherwise I would probably be back to being indecisive. Actually I haven't seen it on the streets here either. Hmmm. That means less people will have that color. That's reason enough to consider that color. OK, I need to stop thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I don't really like hockey stripes too much, especially the GM ones. Also, I think your front and rear bowties should match, and they should both be black. Someone had theirs painted IOM on an IOM car, and it was just too much orange. The black will break it up a bit more. Plus the black bowtie with chrome border looks amazing up front! I also love the spoiler idea, it reminds me of the first white one we saw which had black spoiler and black mirrors.
What I hate is the gap near the front on the GM hockey stripes. I agree with the bowties. Looking back at it now the IOM bowties remind me of Halloween. Black bowties is definitely the way to go.....

Thanks for your comments.
Attached Images

P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
Lucky for me I haven't seen imperial blue in person otherwise I would probably be back to being indecisive. Actually I haven't seen it on the streets here either. Hmmm. That means less people will have that color. That's reason enough to consider that color. OK, I need to stop thinking about it.

What I hate is the gap near the front on the GM hockey stripes. I agree with the bowties. Looking back at it now the IOM bowties remind me of Halloween. Black bowties is definitely the way to go.....

Thanks for your comments.
Yep that's exactly what I can't stand is that gap...

Anyway the new pic looks perfect! I like it
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote