Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
USAA issues with diminished value claim

So a week after i purchased my new 2013 1LT RS with only 416 miles on it someone pulled out in front of me and i wrecked my car and i am still dealing with issues with my car. So i just called USAA to find out what is going on with my diminished value claim and the lady that i spoke to said that they finished the claim today and they wanted to give me $900 for the diminished value of the vehicle. anyways i told her to stop payment on the claim and that i refuse that amount and that i will be getting legal assistance with the claim now. I am at the point where i just want them to buy the car back now. The dealership that did the repairs charged $5900 to do the repairs and there are still issues with the repairs as well.

the day i picked the car up

after the accident

and a few after it was fixed

LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Was just Looking at them for INS. :( GUESS NOT!!!!!!! Think I'll stay where I'm at.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
What do you believe would be fair for diminished value? Some states, like where I am in Missouri, you can't get squat.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
I have USAA as of right now but looks like i will be switching companies and the other person that caused the accident failed to yield and pulled out of a parking lot towards me causing a head on collision. They also have USAA which is where the issue lies. USAA has to pay for the loss in value caused by their customer and pay me who is also their customer and because both parties are USAA customers they are also the company that determines the loss in value. I will be changing my insurance company after this. I have always had great service with them up till this point so now its time to change my banking, loans and insurance to someone else.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
I have USAA as of right now but looks like i will be switching companies and the other person that caused the accident failed to yield and pulled out of a parking lot towards me causing a head on collision. They also have USAA which is where the issue lies. USAA has to pay for the loss in value caused by their customer and pay me who is also their customer and because both parties are USAA customers they are also the company that determines the loss in value. I will be changing my insurance company after this. I have always had great service with them up till this point so now its time to change my banking, loans and insurance to someone else.
Not for anything but do you think another insurance company would be better? Also what documentation do you have that the diminished value should be more then $900? Given the cost and damage to the car I don't see $900 being all that bad, it's about 15% of the claim. Can you get more, maybe but at what attorney cost?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I would agree that 900 bucks is probably about right. A lot of states allow for a repair or diminished value but not both. It sucks.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Dang I am sorry about that :( Hate when that happens to a brand new car!!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
That sucks!!! The second something happens to a new car I instantly want to trade it in. Some POS dinged my door before I made my first payment on my 2013. To make matters worse the ding was in the exact place but passenger door instead of drivers door on a ding in my 2010. I hope my '14 I get in march has better luck.
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
dropped USAA on the 13th of this month for GEICO. Way cheaper. I had USAA for auto insurance for over a decade before I dropped them. They have good customer service but that's about it.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
USAA is a great company with great prices.

I did a diminished value claim after an accident resulting in $11k worth of repairs and they gave me about $1600. $900 sounds about right for yours.

I've known hundreds of people with USAA and they all like them and have had great service. I'd think twice before knocking them and switching for this issue.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Who do you think should be buying the car back? And why would they? State Farm just hit me with a $12 a month surcharge for three years for MY first claim with them for ANYTHING in 25 years. They did tell me they left my 'longeviety discount' in place and it coulda been worse. It's just part of the game, but it does piss one off.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
My take on it is this. You used to not deal with that crap. Your car got wrecked, you got it fixed, you moved on.

I would normally say, not to the OP but just to anyone on the subject, get over it, it's a frivolous claim that has only come about as of recent in the climate where we feel we are owed something. Are you ready for it, you aren't owed squat in this life. You get what you get for yourself.

However, some jackass got me for a couple of grand on a work van after he hit me, long story. So after that, I'm going to get mine, I promise. If someone hits my car I'm going for their throat.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
The damage isn't all that bad that some one wanting to buy the car and seeing the picture wouldn't be comfortable with the purchase. A hard shot to the front wheel maybe a different story! I wouldn't think that you would have to sell your car for a thousand bucks under blue book because of it..... just my 2 cents!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Look at the bright side you got an SS front bumper out if it as well.
Take the $900, the damage to the car was not that bad.
IMHO of course.
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote