Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
USB Underlighting and Halos

Heres an email i sent to a fellow member who inquired about my lighting. so hopefully this will shed some light on the underlighting and how to get them for yourselves. so if you guys have any questions just PM me, ill be sending people to this thread who sends me inquiries about my lighting too..feel free to use this thread to ask questions and generally discuss lighting for the car.

everything lighting i done myself with the exception of the halos.AACSTYLE done the halos. i ordered the underlighting off the net the name is 3 million and 1 underbody lighting. im almost certain thats it..im thinking the name of the site was LEDUNDERBODY.com if im not mistaken. i ordered the package 3 million n 1 kit that came with the wheel well lights and i ordered an extra grille light and a small light..the grille light is absolutely perfect like they made it just for the camaro. and the small light is almost the exact same length and height as the backglass breaklight. anyway the tubes that i used under the car and in the wheel wells are the tubes that came with the kit nothing special made for the camaro. i just mounted them on top of the side skirt for the long tubes running the length of the car and for the front and rear tubes i mounted them on top of the frame angled towards the ground. words of advice though, these arent like the old school tubes made of glass like they were in the 90s these are the tough plastic almost like the same thing they make the force fx light sabers from, but they are breakable.they send these clear pull straps like the kind cops are using instead of handcuffs..sorry alot of people dont know what a pull strap or cord is. anyway dont use the ones they send, they are way too flimsey, and i had to buy another kit cause the straps broke..next time i installed the tubes i went to wal mart or any car care store like advance auto and bought some real long thick black straps.they are extremely tough and still after all the rain heat ice and snow they are still holding strong. order extra USB cords from them too, cause i think we ran short and had to use the USB cords from the 1st order to make them work. ohh the entire system is insanely easy to use. its all plug and play. you hook an included USB box up to the battery and then all the lights and the main LED command box all hook up via usb to the power box. i hooked one power usb box to the front terminals then one to the back. then when you need an additional box you just run it via usb to the either box with power. youll have to see it either by pics or in person. ill post some pics of it all once the weather breaks cause at first people talked trash and even made fun of the lights but since i done it several months ago ive gotten tons of emails and youtube hits asking about the lights and how i installed them and where i got them from.

A link to my youtube
www.youtube.com/timhatesall
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
BigZmuscle

Drives: waiting to get my camaro for grad
love the halos
BigZmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote