Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #1401
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA View Post
I will order one the day they offer a 500+ hp version - Z28/SS/whatever

Would like to see:
-Supercharged
-light weight
-Nimble

Just like everyone else

What we HAVE to see:

Hot Rod for well under $50,000
That will be a difficult task because the GT500 effectively costs $48000 right now. A supercharged lightweight Z28 will have a higher added cost the SS than the GT500 does over the regular GT.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #1402
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
As much as i would love for them to build a Z, i think most on this thread would be happy sticking with the current SS model if GM would just offer us different engine options such as HOT Cam, or the Supercharged engines. Its not like they need to go back to the drawing board to design them, they already exist. At least by doing this option the cost will be less to the public increasing the amount of sales. Even with the Supercharged version, i believe they could price it below $45k, and i would buy one.

Right now, i do believe GM is hurting themselves as there are people like me sitting on the fence not sure if they should order now or wait! They should have started production on these cars when Transformers came out and everyone wanted one...sales would have been high i bet. They do need a camaro that can compete with the GT500 without having to spend double for a Vette. Sure there will always be a car coming out with more HP than yours, but when u spend 70+k on a car, your at a whole new level and cant really expect to compete with them for under 45k..hell, my friends wife has an AMG Mercedes with over 600hp, but its a 100+k car.
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #1403
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
As much as i would love for them to build a Z, i think most on this thread would be happy sticking with the current SS model if GM would just offer us different engine options such as HOT Cam, or the Supercharged engines. Its not like they need to go back to the drawing board to design them, they already exist. At least by doing this option the cost will be less to the public increasing the amount of sales. Even with the Supercharged version, i believe they could price it below $45k, and i would buy one.

Right now, i do believe GM is hurting themselves as there are people like me sitting on the fence not sure if they should order now or wait! They should have started production on these cars when Transformers came out and everyone wanted one...sales would have been high i bet. They do need a camaro that can compete with the GT500 without having to spend double for a Vette. Sure there will always be a car coming out with more HP than yours, but when u spend 70+k on a car, your at a whole new level and cant really expect to compete with them for under 45k..hell, my friends wife has an AMG Mercedes with over 600hp, but its a 100+k car.
I think there doing just fine... with a loss of 50% of there total control(GM)l. why would you think there is going to be a z28!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #1404
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Maybe, and I know this is just an insane idea, we should stop all this moaning about what GM should give us. Maybe we should be grateful as hell for what they have already given us, and let them focus on what they need to do to survive. Not what would satisfy a marginally small part of their target market.

Plus, all of this GT500 competition is bullcrap. Are you forgetting that a base model Corvette is more than the GT500 can handle? So Ford has one Mustang that is faster than a Camaro. Big deal, move on.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #1405
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
ummmmmmmmm ill be happy wit my ss though the z28 or whatever they will make will prolly be out my price range

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #1406
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
go to sleep

Dude, go to sleep!

L
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #1407
RSPARKS5
Ordered from scotty

Drives: 82 malibu wagon/ 08 hhr panel
I myself am waiting for the convertible or if offered the z/28
RSPARKS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #1408
SpeedDemon

Drives: 2002 ZTS Silver Focus
I bet you Z28 will be offered in a few years.....I don't care what their saying now....Truth is relative only at the time it is spoken, I bet you it will come back...Even if it takes 7 years, i bet you it will come back. Personally i would have been surprised if they offered it right off the bat.......why not save something for the future?......they cant offer everything at once with the financial crunch. Think about it, they will sell twice as many cars this way........they know people are going to buy the 2SS now, and later if/when the Z28 comes out they will trade in after so many years down the road.
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #1409
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

I would want a Z28.
ONLY if it has more power than the SS and is N/A!!
BRING IT ON!!! I wouldn't mind paying a grand or a little more than that for one.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #1410
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
ummmmmmmmm ill be happy wit my ss though the z28 or whatever they will make will prolly be out my price range
I second that emotion. I am just glad that they make the new camaros. I would love too have one of those Z-28s but Im sure it'll be out of my price range. i'll just end up putting a Kenne Belle on my 2010SS & call it a day.

Not to mention that I'll walk away on the GT500s
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #1411
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
I love it, love it, love it! I try not to post too much in threads like these because they always get out of hand, but I can no longer refrain.

It cracks me up how the Camaro die-hards say things like

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
i'll just end up putting a Kenne Belle on my 2010SS & call it a day. Not to mention that I'll walk away on the GT500s
Okay, that is likely true, as long as the GT500 owner has not modified their car, as well. Otherwise, it's always going to be a matter of who spent the most, post car purchase, to get their car to the performance level they are running at.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept the fact that, in as-delivered-from-the-factory form, the new Camaro plays second-fiddle in terms of performance to the GT500?

Last edited by garagelogic; 05-05-2009 at 04:49 PM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #1412
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #1413
2Scoops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Why is it so hard for some people to accept the fact that, in as-delivered-from-the-factory-form, the new Camaro plays second-fiddle in terms of performance to the GT500?

Why is it so hard for you to accept that the GT500 is NOT the price class competitor to the Camaro SS? As far as the numbers go... sure the GT500 has the definitive edge.... at 12k over the base MSRP.

It's still obvious that you'll get more bang for your buck with the Camaro SS. Until/If the Z28 comes out... and the GT500 still holds the performance advantage... then I'll be the first to agree with you. But until then, lets keep the compitition on an equal plane.

Thank you, drive through.
Rest in peace my Brothers.

2SS/RS MN6, Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Black Rally Stripes

http://twoscoopscamaro5.mybrute.com
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #1414
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Scoops View Post
Why is it so hard for you to accept that the GT500 is NOT the price class competitor to the Camaro SS? As far as the numbers go... sure the GT500 has the definitive edge.... at 12k over the base MSRP.

It's still obvious that you'll get more bang for your buck with the Camaro SS. Until/If the Z28 comes out... and the GT500 still holds the performance advantage... then I'll be the first to agree with you. But until then, lets keep the compitition on an equal plane.

Thank you, drive through.
Correct, the GT500 is NOT a price class competitor to the Camaro SS. I don't see where anybody can say it is. Bang-for-the-buck certainly goes to the Camaro.

However, the GT500 is the top-of-the-line Mustang offered directly by Ford in 2010, and the Camaro SS is the top-of-the-line Camaro offered by GM, so in that respect, they can be compared. Likewise, if I were to go into the Ford showroom and tell them to sell me the car they have available for purchase that offers the best performance, they would sell me a GT500. If i did that with GM, they would not offer me a Camaro, they would offer me ZR1 Corvette.

I have no doubt that GM engineered a GT500 competitor in Camaro form along the way, but unfortunately (for now it seems) they are either unwilling or unable to greenlight the vehicle for production.

Last edited by garagelogic; 05-05-2009 at 08:35 PM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote