Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2017, 12:29 AM   #43
supermodulation

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.carter View Post
I am the proud owner of a 2015 Camaro ls v6 6spd manual,my first camaro. not the ss i know but i love it,Red Hot Red. i want to upgrade the performance some till i can go forced induction via supercharger or turbo .I want to gain some rwhp,and tq . ill start with CAI ,and exhaust.i want a nice exhaust that has that American muscle car rumble . pls any suggestions ,comments ,or videos about performance parts / upgrades will be greatly appreciated .
My Cheapo mod upgrades
CAI - I prefer a dry filter but ended up installing a K&N, It does the job.
Exhaust - I went cheap, Magnaflow X-resonator with MBRP muffler deletes. I will probably upgrade it to a Borla Cat-back in do time.
Catch Can is a must have on these V6's, Tracy Lewis makes the best IMO.
Tuner - HPTuners is the best tuner, Handhelds are basically half tunes.
Brakes - PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Much better than OEM.
supermodulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:39 PM   #44
mr.carter

Drives: 2015 camaro ls v6 6spd manual
magnum thats a really cool car.gets down out the hole.i want my car to be as close to that as possible.did you move your IAT sensor?i read that the timing gets retarded when the IAT sensor reads high temps.Also is there a bigger intake manifold for the lfx

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-all-sixed-up/

Last edited by mr.carter; 10-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.
mr.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #45
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
magnum thats a really cool car.gets down out the
hole.i want my car to be as close to that as possible.did you move your IAT sensor?i read that the timing gets retarded when the IAT sensor reads high temps.Also is there a bigger intake manifold for the lfx
During that run the IAT was in the stock location on the MAF, before my meth injection because I wanted to see how the intercooler was holding up. I turned off the IAT timing modifiers in the tune since I use direct water/methanol injection that can cool the cylinder way down. My safety feature for the meth injection is to read the widebands and if they go over 0.94 lambda I open both blow off valves.

My car leaves like that from a high stall torque converter, only company that makes one for the 6L50 is Circle D, you would need to call them to order though. There is another cheap one but it is almost 1 second slower than the stock converter which is pretty pathetic.

There is no bigger intake manifold for the LFX. I would like one with a bigger plenum and shorter runners but everybody wants the engine to make more torque instead of gearing for torque.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #46
mr.carter

thankyou magnum for taking time to help, very informative. what about a plenum spacer for the stock manifold ? would you recommend that and a throttle body spacer?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #47
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Throttlebody spacer isn't going to do anything other than make your wallet lighter. Put another 50-75 with the spacer money and get a ported Throttlebody or a throttle controller, mods that actually change your performance in a measurable way.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:34 PM   #48
mr.carter

i am going to swap rear gears first.im just trying to decide between the 3.55 kit or swap a stock ss rear end to have LSD .does anyone know how much it would cost to get a full ss rear end,axles,hubs ?
Old 11-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #49
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
i am going to swap rear gears first.im just trying to decide between the 3.55 kit or swap a stock ss rear end to have LSD .does anyone know how much it would cost to get a full ss rear end,axles,hubs ?
You already have a full SS rear end axle and hubs. Just get the GM 3.91 gears and swap them in.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015, camaro, ls v6