Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 03-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #15
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Just go to WG. Sound nonsense is why I won't bother even looking into Limerock or Palmer for that matter.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #16
Pete G

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murphy View Post
I have already paid to go to Track Night in America at Lime Rock park in CT. The I found out that there is a sound rule. Your car has to be under 86db at 50 feet away. I have long tube headers, high flow cats and solo performance mach X catback. Do you think I will have a problem?

If so, any ideas on the best easy way to quiet it down enough?
What is the date of the Limerock event?
Waiting to hear the out come of this.
Pete G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Lime Rock is pretty strict on their noise policy. They measure on the front straight, away from the paddock. I have long tube headers with straight pipe all the way back and I had my shop fab me up a custom exhaust with my old mufflers with quick disconnects so I can go to muffled or unmuffled. With the mufflers on I also have quick disconnects for turn downs. Depends on the day but I’ve ran there with just the mufflers and no one said anything and other times I had to put the turn downs on and aim them towards the infield.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:41 AM   #18
Alex Murphy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete G View Post
What is the date of the Limerock event?
Waiting to hear the out come of this.
5/24.

I am waiting for a decent day to take it out and measure. We just got a snow storm.
Alex Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #19
Pete G

Thanks for response
I am all Stock for now with just muffler delete and have wanted to try Lime Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Murphy View Post
5/24.

I am waiting for a decent day to take it out and measure. We just got a snow storm.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #20
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
The Good Old North East !! They have rules upon rules.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:04 AM   #21
Alex Murphy

I measured 50 feet from the side of my car and it was over 100 decibels just revving in the driveway.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #22
Alex Murphy

I have contacted Track Night in America and am trying to switch from Lime Rock Park on 5/24 to Pocono on 5/10.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #23
Pete G

what did you pay for that decibel meter? I am curious now
Old 03-30-2018, 06:27 PM   #24
Alex Murphy

$12 on Amazon
Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #25
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
I've run my car at Lime Rock 5 or 6 times. Last summer i got black-flagged, came into the pits and the official said I was over the DB limit. They set up the measuring device at the start/finish tower on the front straight where everyone is WOT. To get around the problem I upshifted to 5th gear on the straight which lowered the decibel level when I went by the tower. They didn't hassle me after that.

Chances are, they won't even be measuring when you go there. But, if by chance they are measuring and they give you a warning, just upshift into 5th at the beginning of the straight and you most likely won't trigger the meter.

Of course, that means two downshifts into Big Bend (or a risky 5th-3rd downshift), so it's not an optimal solution. The noise restriction is absurd but it is what it is.

There are some "unmuffled" track days at LRP. I think HOD and NASA run on those days.
JPSS Oil cooler
JPSS SAI plates
JPSS Rear sway bar
Forza Continenti exhaust controller
ZL1 Add-ons wickerbill
Brey-Krause Harness bar
Schroth 4 pt. ASM harnesses
Auto-blip
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #26
Pete G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerio View Post
I've run my car at Lime Rock 5 or 6 times. Last summer i got black-flagged, came into the pits and the official said I was over the DB limit. They set up the measuring device at the start/finish tower on the front straight where everyone is WOT. To get around the problem I upshifted to 5th gear on the straight which lowered the decibel level when I went by the tower. They didn't hassle me after that.

Chances are, they won't even be measuring when you go there. But, if by chance they are measuring and they give you a warning, just upshift into 5th at the beginning of the straight and you most likely won't trigger the meter.

Of course, that means two downshifts into Big Bend (or a risky 5th-3rd downshift), so it's not an optimal solution. The noise restriction is absurd but it is what it is.

There are some "unmuffled" track days at LRP. I think HOD and NASA run on those days.
Thanks for the tip
Old 04-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #27
Alex Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerio View Post

Thanks for the advice. That's great information. I had them switch me to the Track night in Pocono on May 10. I figured it would just be easier than possibly having to deal with the hassle if they are measuring.