Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #15
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Did Mitch get any warning prior to the 3-day ban? I hope you guys don't get to ban happy here, I'm already seeing a few complaints on other message boards about the mods being like that here. Keep the power under the hood, not in the head

LOL!
Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Did Mitch get any warning prior to the 3-day ban? I hope you guys don't get to ban happy here, I'm already seeing a few complaints on other message boards about the mods being like that here. Keep the power under the hood, not in the head

LOL!
I would like to suggest a vendor page where the Mods could post the violators and violations, which any member could visit. This page could provide the reason for suspension and previous violations. This would allow the customer to be fully aware of serious issues related to product problems or customer service issues, but differentiate the suspension from administrative infractions. This might help vendors, members and administrators alike. Now, if this already exists, then I apologize. I just haven't seen it.

Milk - Sorry if I did not acknowledge your response. I thought I did. Thank you for your help too.

Rhunley14: Very much looking forward to your report. I'll probably decide by then, but maybe you and I can both post our experience when final.

Last edited by OminouSS; 01-10-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: to mention Milk :)
Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #17
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I would like to suggest a vendor page where the Mods could post the violators and violations, which any member could visit. This page could provide the reason for suspension and previous violations. This would allow the customer to be fully aware of serious issues related to product problems or customer service issues, but differentiate the suspension from administrative infractions. This might help vendors, members and administrators alike. Now, if this already exists, then I apologize. I just haven't seen it.

Milk - Sorry if I did not acknowledge your response. I thought I did. Thank you for your help too.

Rhunley14: Very much looking forward to your report. I'll probably decide by then, but maybe you and I can both post our experience when final.
I agree. I also like the idea of some "vendor only" sections. There could be one for engine/drivetrain, one for wheels and tires, one for suspension and chassis, and one for appearance. These could be the sections where vendors could show their new products and talk about what the sell. Just seems like it would work better, to me. But then again, that'd be more forums to check and stuff.

Back to the OP's topic... have you made a decison yet??
Old 01-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post

LOL!
Not to sound like an ass but I may come off like one. What happens between a Staff and vendors is between them as well as what goes on with members and staff.***Oh yeah Mitch's response when I spoke to him during his ban was "I guess I need to read the rules, huh?"*** This is a privately owned site and moderated as such. As Vendors, especially since we do not charge Vendors on this site(Probably why so many are willing to give back and help sponsor the Fest because this site generates revenue for them as Vendors at no cost) they should familiarize themselves with forum rules. If you dont follow those rules you will be warned, infracted and banned in that order. The Vendor has nobody to blame but themselves. If Vendors dont want to play by the rules they can leave or face the action that is given to them for violating these rules. And for the ones that complain on other message boards, why don't they say anything to us at all? Ever? The ones we encounter at PRI and SEMA etc give us props and love this site. We have emails and letters stating that they love how we mod this site. So if a certain Vendor or Vendors doesnt like how we moderate this site, leave it..plain and simple., they are not paying to advertise here and we are not the only site for the 5th Gen Camaro.
Quote:

Thats not going to happen, but we keep a record in the mod section of warnings, infractions and bans. But if you are familiar with vendors and the staff, you will know that we are very involved with what goes on. If there is a problem we get involved as many members can attest that we go far above and beyond as staff in resolving issues. If a vendor screws over one member of this site and the complaint has merit they are not allowed on the site anymore. The key being that the transaction has to have generated on this site. So there is no need for that list at all. There is a vendor review section and that is where folks can express their own personal opinion on their dealings with certain vendors. There have been vendors who have been banned due to shady dealings and there have been some who have been vindicated due to shady customers trying to bad mouth them.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
I agree. I also like the idea of some "vendor only" sections. There could be one for engine/drivetrain, one for wheels and tires, one for suspension and chassis, and one for appearance. These could be the sections where vendors could show their new products and talk about what the sell. Just seems like it would work better, to me. But then again, that'd be more forums to check and stuff.

Back to the OP's topic... have you made a decison yet??
What do you consider this section of the forum?(click the link)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
Old 01-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #20
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
What do you consider this section of the forum?(click the link)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
My bad dog.. haha.. I guess I never noticed those sections before.

But since those are there, why do vendors post threads of new products and stuff in the discussion type sections? Just seems like sometimes it interferes when people are trying to discuss or compare a product ya know.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for vendors sellin their product and they do a great job of providing info and hype for them, so I hope I don't get ripped for this. Just a few opinions i had thats all. The mods do a cracker-jack job
Old 01-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Obviously I'm in agreement with Junkie on this.

As he said, Vendors get Free advertising here. But with that comes expectation that they play by our rules.

Many of our participating vendors have been banned for not following the vendor rules. Some more popular than others. But it doesn't matter. The owner of this site has chosen to keep the balance of power in check. If Vendors Pay then they have a say in how this site is run. Or they have direct control of a thread that they moderate.

As it is now we can play mediator between both sides and ensure that what is posted is fair for both sides and we can ensure that, as much as possible, the information is accurate.

We, the Mods of Camaro5, have taken in upon our selves to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and that there is merit to both complaints and endorsements here.

I hope that explains why we handle vendors the way we do.

And We'd rather give the vendors the incentive to participate directly with our members at an event like C5F where they can interact with us directly and we can have some fun at the same time!

**** Shameless Plug ****

So, any of you vendors out there yet to sponsor the event.... You should step up...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #22
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
My bad dog.. haha.. I guess I never noticed those sections before.

But since those are there, why do vendors post threads of new products and stuff in the discussion type sections? Just seems like sometimes it interferes when people are trying to discuss or compare a product ya know.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for vendors sellin their product and they do a great job of providing info and hype for them, so I hope I don't get ripped for this. Just a few opinions i had thats all. The mods do a cracker-jack job
We want the sales and ordering information kept in one place. That's the Vendors section.

But we want our members to be able to discuss prouduct with the manufacturer's so we allow them to post threads in the general sections as well.

The lines get blured when our members ask for price out side of the vendors section. I've done it and I know Junkie has also... So if a vendor is asked the pirce we, in most cases, will let them post it.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
iconz wheels
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS - 2007 C6 Corvette
Send a message via AIM to iconz wheels Send a message via MSN to iconz wheels
OK, I'm back, i read the rules now and will totally comply !!!!

This is an amazing forum and like i wrote to the moderator and administrator, "i guess i should have read the rules..."

I am glad to support C5 in any way i can. Even thinking of going to the C5 fest and becoming a sponsor there!!!

Mitch
ICONZ Wheels
Old 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #24
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Not to sound like an ass but I may come off like one. What happens between a Staff and vendors is between them as well as what goes on with members and staff.***Oh yeah Mitch's response when I spoke to him during his ban was "I guess I need to read the rules, huh?"*** This is a privately owned site and moderated as such. As Vendors, especially since we do not charge Vendors on this site(Probably why so many are willing to give back and help sponsor the Fest) they should familiarize themselves with forum rules. If you dont follow those rules you will be warned, infracted and banned in that order. The Vendor has nobody to blame but themselves. If Vendors dont want to play by the rules they can leave or face the action that is given to them for violating these rules. And for the ones that complain on other message boards, why don't they say anything to us at all? Ever? The ones we encounter at PRI and SEMA etc give us props and love this site. We have emails and letters stating that they love how we mod this site. So if a certain Vendor or Vendors doesnt like how we moderate this site, leave it..plain and simple., they are not paying to advertise here and we are not the only site for the 5th Gen Camaro.
Thats not going to happen, but we keep a record in the mod section of warnings, infractions and bans. But if you are familiar with vendors and the staff, you will know that we are very involved with what goes on. If there is a problem we get involved as many members can attest that we go far above and beyond as staff in resolving issues. If a vendor screws over one member of this site and the complaint has merit they are not allowed on the site anymore. The key being that the transaction has to have generated on this site. So there is no need for that list at all. There is a vendor review section and that is where folks can express their own personal opinion on their dealings with certain vendors. There have been vendors who have been banned due to shady dealings and there have been some who have been vindicated due to shady customers trying to bad mouth them.
Point taken. But, less we all PM you or the other mods on your opinion of a particular vendor, we are at the mercy of a guess as to whether a suspension came at the hands of an admin infraction not stemming from bad dealings or if it was based on something pertinent to our transaction. I, personally would not mind PMing you for something like this given you covered my ass on another purchase, but that would likely become a burden once 2 million future members are filling your inbox . Just a layman's suggestion.

I agree with you on the complaint from another site. I'll remove it from my post.

Again, the original objective for the post is to get member feedback on the two vendors. We all rely heavily on experience of others when were spending this kind of money with a company that you're not likely to find on the Fortune 500 list. I will do my part and write about my experience for others to consider before they take a $4-6,000 plunge, just as I have with some of my other purchases on C5 that were light on product feedback. This is where I find significant value of this community, which I consider second to none.

I appreciate your involvement & contribution, Milk & Junkie.

Rob
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #25
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconz wheels View Post

This is an amazing forum and like i wrote to the moderator and administrator, "i guess i should have read the rules..."

I am glad to support C5 in any way i can. Even thinking of going to the C5 fest and becoming a sponsor there!!!

Mitch
ICONZ Wheels
We appreciate you here and you don't have to sponsor the fest if you don't want to. I saw that you entered the raffle for the 2 free expense paid trips to the Fest. The staff and members thank you for that.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #26
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconz wheels View Post

Mitch
ICONZ Wheels
It's all good!

We do truly value the Vendors here, there is no doubt that you all are a big part of why this site is successfull.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #27
1320junkie

Quote:
Point taken. But, less we all PM you or the other mods on your opinion of a particular vendor, we are at the mercy of a guess as to whether a suspension came at the hands of an admin infraction not stemming from bad dealings or if it was based on something pertinent to our transaction. I, personally would not mind PMing you for something like this given you covered my ass on another purchase, but that would likely become a burden once 2 million future members are filling your inbox . Just a layman's suggestion.

I agree with you on the complaint from another site. I'll remove it from my post.

Again, the original objective for the post is to get member feedback on the two vendors. We all rely heavily on experience of others when were spending this kind of money with a company that you're not likely to find on the Fortune 500 list. I will do my part and write about my experience for others to consider before they take a $4-6,000 plunge, just as I have with some of my other purchases on C5 that were light on product feedback. This is where I find significant value of this community, which I consider second to none.

I appreciate your involvement & contribution, Milk & Junkie.

Rob
I dont mind nor do the other mods mind the pm's it comes with the position.(I think thats why we have a PM box that can hold 5,00pm's) But Vendors usually only get warned or infracted or banned when they break the rules i.e posting in the wrong section, bumping their thread plenty times a day, stepping in another vendors thread or bashing another vendor. Now if they are perma-banned it's because they have screwed a member over...all they get is one mistake in that area. Or they keep spamming after multiple warnings. If a Vendor is banned from this site for shady activity we delete their existence here so their products and what they are selling is totally deleted and completely out of view. Feel free to contact any of us if you have any questions whatsoever about any forum Vendor
Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #28
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
I will definetly give feed back after the end of the process..Thanks

Closed Thread