Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
Jshadow
31B MP

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
Do Most Females You Know HATE Leather?

The topic says it all. I've been looking into getting a 2LT or 1LT Camaro for some time now and yesterday all of a sudden on the girls i was talking to told me she hated leather. Mainly because on hot days it burns the crap out of her and on cold days its wayyy to cold. After hearing that i decided to have some fun and see what the majority of girls think about leather. So far most girls hate it for that exact reason!

Now before you say "Get what YOU want and not what the girls like" I will get what i prefer regardless of what a girl says. I'm just asking out of curiosity. Do the females you know not like leather seats?

PS- These girls I've been talking to are in the 19-25 range. And i live in VA Beach.
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
It all depends where you live. And while they are nicer, honestly here where I live, they're too hot in summer and too cold in winter! Alot of people who do have them usually end up putting some kind of seat covers over them. Sooooo....!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
I don't know about females. And I don't know about hate. But I preferred cloth, so I bought cloth.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Drives: '00 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
The topic says it all. I've been looking into getting a 2LT or 1LT Camaro for some time now and yesterday all of a sudden on the girls i was talking to told me she hated leather. Mainly because on hot days it burns the crap out of her and on cold days its wayyy to cold. After hearing that i decided to have some fun and see what the majority of girls think about leather. So far most girls hate it for that exact reason!

Now before you say "Get what YOU want and not what the girls like" I will get what i prefer regardless of what a girl says. I'm just asking out of curiosity. Do the females you know not like leather seats?

PS- These girls I've been talking to are in the 19-25 range. And i live in VA Beach.
I'd say... it's your car buy it the way you want it.
Blackbird. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
I like cloth better. I like the feel and the way it looks (expecially 10-15 years down the road) better. I was planning on the 1SS/RS in the 2010 and just add in the 4 packs, steering wheel controls, PCIM etc... but now that the HUD is coming only in the 2SS.... I gotta have it, so I guess I'm stuck with leather :(.

on a side note though.... I must be made of leather.
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 AM   #6
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
I always preferred cloth. Then I bought a car w/ leather.
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Drives: '00 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
I always preferred cloth. Then I bought a car w/ leather.
I've always driven cars with cloth and thought they were enough for me, no need for the higher price for leather. Than I drove the 1LS camaro and than jumped straight to the 2SS which is quite a bit of a jump in general but the leather was sooo nice.
Blackbird. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
everyone of course finds cloth more conformable, no matter what any one says.... but the leather is nicer... would i take leather over cloth? yes but at my age ( 18 ) i dont really care about nice interiors, all i care about is exterior looks and engine performances .. but both my parents have leather.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #9
hollywoodGU

Drives: 1999 Firebird Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
everyone of course finds cloth more conformable, no matter what any one says.... but the leather is nicer... would i take leather over cloth? yes but at my age ( 18 ) i dont really care about nice interiors, all i care about is exterior looks and engine performances .. but both my parents have leather.
Negative, I have cloth in my first two cars (Saturn SL1 and Nissan S13) and while they were comfterable, the leather in my Forumula blows them away in terms of comfterablilty (and ease of cleaning)
hollywoodGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:09 AM   #10
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post

Hot days it burns the crap out of her = Tinted windows and a sunshade when parked

Cold days its wayyy to cold = Heated Seats (Bet most of these 19-25 girls have never sat on a heated seat in the dead of winter)

Only time my leather has got over heated was when i took it out of the garage and left the sunroof open(while Parked in the Drive way)
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
Jshadow
31B MP

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
Hot days it burns the crap out of her = Tinted windows and a sunshade when parked

Cold days its wayyy to cold = Heated Seats (Bet most of these 19-25 girls have never sat on a heated seat in the dead of winter)

Only time my leather has got over heated was when i took it out of the garage and left the sunroof open(while Parked in the Drive way)
Good points!
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Not mine
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #13
td2222
TBoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
They hate it till they sit on it.
They really love it when the heated seat is on.

Camaro forever!
td2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Leather in both of mine ...