Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Angrybirds top issues updates!

I just had the top replaced on my 2012 Camaro and need some assistance from 2013 Camaro convertible owners.
My top does not seem to go down nearly as far as the old top. I don't even think the tonneau will even fit. Since they replaced my top with the 2013 frame and fabric I would like pictures of some 2013 convertible tops showing how low they sit when down. The Side arms and right behind the seat. At least I can then show the top shop how it should fold down.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 11-25-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Change title
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Yo, Mr. Angrybird 12,

Would it not be better to cruise down to the dealer and compare & contrast with any 2013's or even 2014's.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Thanks.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Yo, Mr. Angrybird 12,

Would it not be better to cruise down to the dealer and compare & contrast with any 2013's or even 2014's.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Thanks.
I did that but they would only let me see one of them. I didn't think at that time to take any pictures. I kept telling them mine does not go down that far.... The top shop is not at the dealership so the people that are working on mine cannot compair them directly.
They told me to give it a couple weeks to let it settle and the material stretch. It's been 5 days now and no change other than its easier to latch.
I figured if I can show them pictures of other peoples 13's I would have an easier time convincing them.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Mykeb
Happiness is.....

Drives: '13 2LT Convertible, '56 F100
Here's a pic of mine....
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykeb View Post
Here's a pic of mine....
Do you have to push yours down to get it that low? Unless I push it down after lowering the top sits two inches higher then the plastic trim of the back seat and the two side arms stick up higher than the plastic trim. If I push them down the top will be almost flush and the side arms still stick up higher than yours.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

I guess I am just being paranoid after reading all the horror stories. I guess since mine is not flooding the car, we have already went through one all night rainstorm since I got it back, it's not too bad.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
The " side arms" stick up just alittle bit after I put the top down. I gently push them down alittle before I install my tonneau cover. I thought about bringing up to the dealer and ask if this is normal, but I haven't goten around to it yet.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Great feedback, it's starting to ease my fears somewhat, thanks.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
angrybird. i can PM or email a pic of mine. its a new 13 2LT vert. but, my top goes down, and i put tonneau cover on and thats it. i dont push or tug at anything. i dont think you should have to push anything. everything should be folded down and all you do is put the tonneau on and be done. now, my top latches kind of hard but i think its just knowing how to do it correctly, i have only had it 3 weeks. but, it goes down and no pushing or shoving.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
I have to slightly push mine down about 2 inches after the car says it is down not any resistance when I do and no binding. I have no trouble fitting the tonneau cover, it fits fine. Top fits tight also when I latch it. I would rather that than it flop around in the wind.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Here is a pic of mine. You can see the arms are up slightly. I push them down once in awhile and definitely if I am going to put on the tonneau. No problems with the operation and fit with the tonneau. I do notice that one of my bungees for the tonneau is close to fraying in half and this is the new design.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
angrybird. i can PM or email a pic of mine. its a new 13 2LT vert. but, my top goes down, and i put tonneau cover on and thats it. i dont push or tug at anything. i dont think you should have to push anything. everything should be folded down and all you do is put the tonneau on and be done. now, my top latches kind of hard but i think its just knowing how to do it correctly, i have only had it 3 weeks. but, it goes down and no pushing or shoving.
Isn't the one you bought one that has sat on the dealer lot for almost a year? I guess it has had plenty is stretching and settling time.
All these posts are making me feel better. I have been thinking that maybe that is how they are reducing the rub marks and wrinkles by not folding the top as far down as the earlier cars. I know my other top went way down on its own and the side arms were a lot lower.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
My convertible is a little over a year old. The top pulls down flush with the car, but the arms stick up a bit. A gentle push will tuck them in flush.

Have you looked at the space the top folds into in the trunk? Maybe an obstruction in the bag or adjustment needed?
Attached Images

Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
My convertible is a little over a year old. The top pulls down flush with the car, but the arms stick up a bit. A gentle push will tuck them in flush.

Have you looked at the space the top folds into in the trunk? Maybe an obstruction in the bag or adjustment needed?
No no obstructions but it still has the old style water management bag. It may not be as big as the 13 style.