Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
CamaroTrent

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Coolant Leak a week before spring break

I have only had my 2011 L99 for about 4 months and i notice a little leak by the passenger seat. I take it by the dealer last friday thinking its something minor and they tell me that my car is leaking coolant inside the car and that my heating coil is bad. They said this is a job that will take them about 12 hours of warranty labor, as you can see my car still isnt returned to me yet and spring break is starting this weekend. They have completely taking apart the iside of mar car which makes me feel like my New car isnt so new any more. Im seriously thinking about complaining to my dealer.

Also they have given me a rental for the time that my car is in the shop, but its a 2009 Chevy Aveo..... I think there really trying to be funny
Attached Images

CamaroTrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
OMG they've gutted you car!!! :upset:

Seriously that pains me to see your car in that condition. Doesn't look like you'll be sporting it for spring break...and the Aveo is just not flossin' material.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Why didn't you just live with the leak for spring break? They started taking your car apart without checking with you first?

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
Why didn't you just live with the leak for spring break? They started taking your car apart without checking with you first?
car probably would have overheated, and then even more work would have needed to be done.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Be thankful you have warranty.......it would be expensive. Don't worry, and have fun on break!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
CamaroTrent

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
I know that i should be thankful, but come on guys im a 21 year old college male driving a Camaro SS. Put yourself in my shoes, you would be pissed too. And yes i did think about just living with the leak for a week, but they said that by them knowing that i had a leak already if i were to drive it in that condition they wouldn't cover it
CamaroTrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
So if the Aveo gets keyed by a bunch of drunk dumba$$es during spring break, you don't have to worry about getting it fixed! A higher power may be at work here. hmmmm
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
seriously I hope I never have to perform such a task. i wonder what the bill will be for that one
Old 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I know this sucks, but be thankful that the heater core did not decide to burst while you were driving it. I had a heater core burst once while driving, and having boiling anti-freeze spraying all over the place was not my idea of fun. Also getting the smell of anti-freeze out of your car is next to impossible to do.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
That sux major but has to be done. No way around it. Unfortunately, a dash will never be as sealed and rattle-free as new after it has been opened up like that. Thats is why dealers never like chasing after rattles and creaks in the dash because once open it is opened up to fix a noise issue, another pops up not long after.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
Big Daddy Kane

Drives: Red 1SS
Wonder what the cause of this is? Heater cores should not be going bad so early.

Kooks LT Headers/catback exhaust, E-force supercharger, JRE fuel line upgrade, JRE differential, 3.91 LPE gears, Roto-fab intake, JRE tune, DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft, MGW shifter, Hotchkis chassis braces
Big Daddy Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTrent View Post
I know that i should be thankful, but come on guys im a 21 year old college male driving a Camaro SS. Put yourself in my shoes, you would be pissed too. And yes i did think about just living with the leak for a week, but they said that by them knowing that i had a leak already if i were to drive it in that condition they wouldn't cover it
and you live in miami... dam thats rough. i feel your pain i am around the same age.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
If it helps, at least consider that at one point the dash had to be placed in the car, so taking it in and out doesnt ruin it being a new car, its meant to be able to come off and on. Its not like they had to break if off and then reseal it or something.

Idk thats the method of thinking I had to use to get over my motor rebuild lmao.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote