Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Texas Speed headers/stock exhaust

Is anyone running the tsp 1 7/8 long tube, cat delete, and a stock exhaust? Or is a catback a must?

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
I wouldn't call it a must, but you're somewhat defeating the free flow gains you made up in front.
Also, have you checked out MGW's shifter?
Wait a minute, your sig says muffler delete. You plan on installing headers w/ cat delete and then re-installing the stock mufflers I presume? If you're going to have the whole exhaust down I don't think I'd hang those suitcases back on the car. You are a good candidate for a cat back system.

And don't you dare say "which is the best cat back system". lol
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
98GTcoupe

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Youtube bro, tons of vids...
2006 GTO, R.I.P.
1981 Z28(sold)
98GTcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
I wouldn't call it a must, but you're somewhat defeating the free flow gains you made up in front.
Also, have you checked out MGW's shifter?
Wait a minute, your sig says muffler delete. You plan on installing headers w/ cat delete and then re-installing the stock mufflers I presume? If you're going to have the whole exhaust down I don't think I'd hang those suitcases back on the car. You are a good candidate for a cat back system.

And don't you dare say "which is the best cat back system". lol
I know what catback I want but damn it's too expensive for my taste I love the sound of the Borla Atak

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Stock catback ftw
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Stock catback ftw
I mean I need something to muffle straight pipes and I can't bring myself to spend 12-1300 on a catback...just can't do it

Old 10-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Why not ATAK axle back?
Old 10-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
Why not ATAK axle back?
Call me cheap but those are close to $700! Insane for pipes and cans

Old 10-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
AustinWithrow

You can get a used set on here in the marketplace for like 400$ that's what I did. And I have the 2" tsp headers, with the Borla atak axle back, and the airaid CAI.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #10
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
You can get a used set on here in the marketplace for like 400$ that's what I did. And I have the 2" tsp headers, with the Borla atak axle back, and the airaid CAI.
Well Im fixing to have tsp headers and a fsp tune on the way tomorrow...a Barton shifter is on the way already...we'll see about an exhaust of some kind in the future

Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
A member on here shibbs has a similar setup might have stainless headers though. I heard his car at a cars and coffee even and it sounds great!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:17 AM   #12
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
I have recently installed TSP headers + catted midpipe. The headers had no fitment issues, so I was happy, but the X-pipe does have fitment issues; it just does not follow the tunnel. I am painfully getting the X-pipe part custom-made at a local muffler shop to ensure perfect fitment. The subtle differences from brand to brand make it very hard to have a perfect fitment with a blend of parts anyway.

FYI, I have TSP LT, cat, and stock muffler; sounds great, actually even louder than I'd like.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #13
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Well Im fixing to have tsp headers and a fsp tune on the way tomorrow...a Barton shifter is on the way already...we'll see about an exhaust of some kind in the future

I have the billet plus 2 hurst short throw shifter! But I would definately look for a used borla ATAK exhaust!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Is anyone running the tsp 1 7/8 long tube, cat delete, and a stock exhaust? Or is a catback a must?
The stock cat back exhaust flows as well as anything and it sounds very good with no or high flow cats.

Eventually though you may get the dread muffler rattle at which time I would get the Solo Mach XL.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote