Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
Being an installer and retailer for most of the 5th Gen Camaro Suspension manufacturers, I can say that we all have our personal preference.

We have dozens of customers out there on the street AND track that run the Pfadt Racing system and love every bit of it. The weight reduction, the ride quality, and the performance are all TOP NOTCH. You can't always have the best of both worlds for road race and drag race, but their system has really raised the bar on how close you can actually get. Plus with an adjustable suspension you can always "tune" out the additional understeer the larger rear tires will cause but the benefits on the street from light to light and at the drag strip can't be matched.

So go WITH your 275/315 package (choose a lightweight wheel though!!) and run a stage 3 or stage 4 Pfadt Racing system.
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #16
Carlos Garza

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I've got more problems with the rear tires breaking lose than with understeer. My rear tires break lose almost after every stop... I think the suspension will help...
1 7/8" ARH LT with highflow cats.
Drive Shaft safety loop
Roto-Fab CAI
160º Tstat.
Stage 2 Snow Meth kit safeinjection.
ADM Dual Pump kit
ADM boost and AFR guages
Catch Can.
586 RWHP/ 565 RWTQ
Installed at Lethal Performance San Antonio
www.youtube.com/cgarza12
Carlos Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #17
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
ok, there are a few factors that play in to the traction,

Bushings allow the wheels to 'flex' and 'wiggle' and this will effect traction.
Dampers/Springs will help the suspension to absorb a lot of the effects that level of power will put to the rear wheels, and allow you to actually put the power down.
Sways will help with the hop and launch
Tires, always a key component, what are you running?
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #18
Rob@WretchedMS

Carlos, if your looking for the best of the best, then your looking at the Pedders Supercar Coilovers. These are double adjustable and give great comfort on the road, and great handling on the track. 2 knobs on each coilover to properly adjust it up.,

The Standard Xa coilovers are also very very good, they double adjustable, but use a single knob to adjust both at the same time.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #19
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
The Standard Xa coilovers are also very very good, they double adjustable, but use a single knob to adjust both at the same time.
thats what i said! lol i think you will be happy with the hd bushings xa or supercar coilovers and swaybar package from pedders and your daily ride quality will still be pretty good
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #20
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess Motorsports View Post
Being an installer and retailer for most of the 5th Gen Camaro Suspension manufacturers, I can say that we all have our personal preference.

We have dozens of customers out there on the street AND track that run the Pfadt Racing system and love every bit of it. The weight reduction, the ride quality, and the performance are all TOP NOTCH. You can't always have the best of both worlds for road race and drag race, but their system has really raised the bar on how close you can actually get. Plus with an adjustable suspension you can always "tune" out the additional understeer the larger rear tires will cause but the benefits on the street from light to light and at the drag strip can't be matched.

So go WITH your 275/315 package (choose a lightweight wheel though!!) and run a stage 3 or stage 4 Pfadt Racing system.
Agree completely and have almost every Pfadt Camaro suspension part they make on my car. Just awesome. Lots of C5 vendors to buy from too.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #21
Carlos Garza

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
ok, there are a few factors that play in to the traction,

Bushings allow the wheels to 'flex' and 'wiggle' and this will effect traction.
Dampers/Springs will help the suspension to absorb a lot of the effects that level of power will put to the rear wheels, and allow you to actually put the power down.
Sways will help with the hop and launch
Tires, always a key component, what are you running?
Thanks for the advice, I', running stock the stock tires, but will go with larger wheels and tires (275 front and 315 rear)
1 7/8" ARH LT with highflow cats.
Drive Shaft safety loop
Roto-Fab CAI
160º Tstat.
Stage 2 Snow Meth kit safeinjection.
ADM Dual Pump kit
ADM boost and AFR guages
Catch Can.
586 RWHP/ 565 RWTQ
Installed at Lethal Performance San Antonio
www.youtube.com/cgarza12
Carlos Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I have the Pedder's XA's, HD Bushings, Sway Bars etc and also have the 275 fronts and 315 rears with light weight wheels. I love the Pedder's stuff and this is my daily driver as well.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
Trackspec Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Carlos,
Depending on what your budget is, the direction is pretty much the same for what you are looking for.

For a 600hp beast as yours, traction is obviously an issue. And you stated that you also want the car to be much more stable at speed on roadcourse/autocrosses. At Trackspec, we recommend Pfadt racing products as one of the best engineered solutions out there.

Address the rear end with:
Pfadt Trailing Arms
Pfadt Subframe bushings
Pfadt Toe rods
Pfadt Bushing kit

This will eliminate your wheel hop if you have any and also lay the power down more effectively.

For stability and handling improvements, depending on what you want to spend, there are 2 directions you can go in.

Pfadt Sway bars/Coilover package or Pfadt Lowering springs/Swaybars.

The coilovers will give you much more versatility from street driving, drag racing, and also roadcourse action as they are adjustable and have the ability to change the damping/ride height to suit your immediate needs.

The Springs and Sway combo is a little more cost effective, but they also limit your range of abilities as they are not adjustable (ride height). The camaro will tighten up considerably and your gross understeer will be eliminated. This is an excellent combo for someone not looking for ride height/Damping adjustability.

Also consider that if you are going with a specific wheel and tire combo, you may want to have the adjustability of a coilover so that you can get your ride height perfect based on your tire/wheel combo.

We have first hand experience with all of the above products and can tell you that they are some of the best on the market. At the camaro5fest Pfadt Roadcourse sessions, I was fortunate enough to be an instructor on the course. This gave me the ability to jump into and out of the widest range of vehicles all back to back for 6 hours straight. From bone stock, to stage 5 packages and everything in between, the difference in performance and roadfeel of each combination was very noticable. As soon as the camaro hit the first turn, I knew if i was in for a white knuckle ride or not. For the stock camaros, the instability was insane. Jumped into a sway bar and spring packaged car, and it felt tight and nimble...very confident and positive. Go to the stage 5 package, and handling was world class. By going back to back with the different combos and instructing, I could tell an immediate difference in turn in, corner speeds, and mid corner to exit stability.

Shoot us a PM on what you are looking for and what your budget is and we will customize a package for you with free shipping and very competitive pricing!

John@trackspecmotorsports.com
Trackspec Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #24
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
FWIW... I have currently (getting more) 640rwhp. I have the pedders xa drag package, DSS axles and 9 inch pfadt trailing arms and bmr sub frame connector. The car drives extremely well on the street and no wheel hop at the strip. Hope it helps.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #25
Rob@WretchedMS

Thanks guys, Customer feedback is the best way to go, I can talk all day, but i'm not a customer.