Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #43
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Yea im totally ecstatic that it sounds loud like a v8
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #44
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Yea im totally ecstatic that it sounds loud like a v8
No no no, you're going to make people angry. We must all agree that it sounds like a totally-bad-ass-V6-that-some-people-may-or-may-not-get-confused-with-a-V8.

Either way, its cool with me.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #45
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Please don't anger the V8 gods here over sound...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #46
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Even though I'm a V8 fan through and through, I must admit the Camaro V6 has a real nice sound to it. Makes you listen real close to be able to tell whether it is a V8 or not.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #47
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Even though I'm a V8 fan through and through, I must admit the Camaro V6 has a real nice sound to it. Makes you listen real close to be able to tell whether it is a V8 or not.

- Xanthos

Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #48
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Found a couple vids of a similar exhaust setup to the one I am currently contemplating. This is the 3800 camaro 6, not the current model - I think it'll sound similar but better, personally. These vids are both of the same car, by the way.

- Xanthos

Old 03-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #49
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
For your consideration. A 2010, V6 camaro. I absolutely love the sound. Can't wait to have mine.

- Xanthos
I feel some what bad for saying this... this person doesn't know how to shift. Power shifting keeps the gas pedal to the floor while shifting. NOW that's what would be cool to hear, do they still say cool?
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #50
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Yeah, because everyone knows you're only cool if you keep your foot to the floor while shifting your CTF Camaro.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #51
PieNsky

And why not? Doesn't GM want to know what it will do? How about those 200 metric transmissions that they put into Firebirds and larger cars that were designed for the Chevette? They lasted for about 40K and GM paid for one rebuild
If someone would have put their foot into their CTF with that piece of crap tranmission maybe my wife wouldn't have gotten rid of her Firebird. I swore off GM after her Fiero and my Monte Carlo that had the poor heat treated cam that wore out before 100K that had to have an engine rebuild due to the metal in the oil. Three cars in the 80's from GM that were **** and I haven't owned another for over twenty years. My first car was a 68 Camaro that my old friend still has that bought it from me in 81. I am giving GM one chance with this one. Their dealers ALMOST lost it for them, at least the ones around here in KY. Springhurst seems to be ok here in Louisville and Brown Brothers. I have a Camaro on order.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #52
UsedTaHaveA68

I think they have other procedures for testing durability than saying "here, take this CTF and dog the piss out of it and see if anything breaks." From what I understand, breaking a CTF tends to lower the security level of your job. Or at least the chances of ever getting another one. Personally, if I was driving one, I wouldn't be pushing my luck.

Besides, I don't think anyone made great cars in the '80s. Believe it or not, things have come a little ways in the last quarter century.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #53
PieNsky

I just hope mine isn't too fragile.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #54
PieNsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
I think they have other procedures for testing durability than saying "here, take this CTF and dog the piss out of it and see if anything breaks." From what I understand, breaking a CTF tends to lower the security level of your job. Or at least the chances of ever getting another one. Personally, if I was driving one, I wouldn't be pushing my luck.

Besides, I don't think anyone made great cars in the '80s.

http://www.toysport.com/technical%20...tech_notes.htm

Believe it or not, things have come a little ways in the last quarter century.

I do belive that GM has come a long way, if they didn't, I doubt that would have lead to anyone's security level of having a job for them.
The way we used to dog a Muncie transmission and the 12 bolt rear end even though they may not have been as strong as a 9 inch but I never thought nothing about it. If I was too worried to push it to its limit, I surely wouldn't let a magazine have one to do 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile runs with it.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #55
UsedTaHaveA68

I don't know of too many small blocks that were putting out 430hp back when they used Muncies, though. Except for the M-22 rockcrusher, I doubt the other two would last too long behind a new LS3. The new Tremec 6060 is rated to 660 lb/ft of torque. Show me a muncie that could handle that much and I'll show you a not-stock Muncie.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #56
PieNsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
I don't know of too many small blocks that were putting out 430hp back when they used Muncies, though. Except for the M-22 rockcrusher, I doubt the other two would last too long behind a new LS3. The new Tremec 6060 is rated to 660 lb/ft of torque. Show me a muncie that could handle that much and I'll show you a not-stock Muncie.
I had a M22 but liked the M20 better because I could really smoke the tires due to the lower first gear. I traded a M21 and 150 dollars for a rebuilt M22 in the late 70s. The 12 bolt with the posi also was 150. Who knew?
Yeah, my small block was only in between the v6 and V8 with the quarter mile closer to the V6.