Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #281
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogirl View Post
I have a 2011 Camaro 2SS that I purchased new in Nov. 2011. After 2500 miles of normal driving conditions the paint along the sides, gills, and wheel wells was horribly chipped and totally missing in some areas. Fortunately the dealership where I purchased the vehicle is going to touch up (with a big brush, I imagine) the paint and install a clear shield product made by 3M, gratis. I called them today to see about splash guards/quarter flares, which I would pay for. GM's official response to the dealership, and me, through the district after-sales manager, was for me to file a claim with my insurance company and have them pay to repaint the car. Really? Every 2500 miles? I'm grateful that the dealership is helping me out. GM should be embarrassed.
Make the dealer repaint the whole car then install 3m Paint Protection Film for free under the warranty. Why should your insurance company pay for GM's poor paint job. You should not have to settle for a touched up paint job on a car you paid close to $40,000 for. If they jerk you around, call GM Customer Service and tell the dealer that is your official response. The number to call is 1-800-222-1020. Ask to be transferred to a call center in the USA. Insist on being transferred and refuse to talk about your problem until transferred. I bought my car a year ago and had several chips in less than 200 miles. Since I only had a couple chips the dealer was no help. Based on what I read here, I got splash guards and spent $1100 for full 3m protection. It was well worth it as I have not had any chips since. Make sure the dealer covers the gill area behind the doors with film. I had this piece custom cut since it was not included. Also make sure they don't cover your stripes if you have them. It will make them glossy where they are covered. From a few feet away you can't even tell there is anything on the car and you can wax right over it.
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #282
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
My body shop guy said it has less to do with the paint job and more to do with the design of the car. The front end is almost completely vertical so road debris has no chance of bouncing off. He said there are numerous examples of othger cars with great paintjobs but the design causes chipping.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #283
neal77

Drives: 2012 camaro v6
Paint Chipping

I have a 2012. I started to get chips near the gills on both sides within the first 1100 miles. Dealer said it was a combination of the wide front tires and the design of the car. They told me the only way to stop it was not to drive on roads that weren't cleaned! GM called and told me basically the same thing! Guess better park it as I can't find many good roads in N.E. Pa. Maybe GM should put on the window sticker that Camaro's can't be driven in anything other than perfect weather and road conditions. I bet that would sell alot of cars!! GM is supposed to call me back Friday to see if they can find a solution. They are thinking of some kind of mud flap! Don't know what type but have my doubts about the look of that. Some ideas I saw on here sound like they might work.
neal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #284
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear about your paint neal. Could you send me your case number so I can make sure you're getting taken care of properly? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #285
jasonrcolley@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 ss2 rs aqua blue
having same issues

have a 2010 camaro blue and it looks like someone loaded a shot gun with rock salt and shot it in front of the rear tires.. I work at a dealership and still I am told there are no one else having these problems
jasonrcolley@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #286
Runtas

Drives: Rally Yellow 2011 RS
Paint Chip problems

I also have issues with paint chips....to many to count really. I bought Lankga paint chip repair and it works well but I still don't believe this should be happening to the car like this. My local dealer told me that it was above his pay grade to discuss with me.
Runtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #287
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtas View Post
I also have issues with paint chips....to many to count really. I bought Lankga paint chip repair and it works well but I still don't believe this should be happening to the car like this. My local dealer told me that it was above his pay grade to discuss with me.
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you are having with the paint! If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership; I would be more than happy to check this out for you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #288
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
I started to get so irritated with the paint issues on my camaro. Gills were a mess....random chips here and there. Poor paint. Not just camaros though....look at the 2011 and 2012 dodges (rams/chargers/etc...).....they are having crazy issues as well. It is the new regulations unfortunately.....

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #289
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
So I just got done washing my car last night and I noticed paint flaking around the edge of my spoiler. I also have a few chips around my side gills but I assume that's to be expected. I'm definitely taking it to the dealership but I don't know how to approach it, every time I've gone in there they've treated me like a piece of crap just because I'm a young kid with a nice car. I'll post a pic when I can.
Black N' Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #290
MaddogZ28

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28, 2011 SS/RS
I have noticed a few abnormal chips. One on the roof which i suppose could have been caused by something other than a manufacturers defect. However, i noticed large chips in the tiny gaps between the rear spoiler and the left and right edges of the trunklid. There's no way two chips occurred in the exact same, difficult to reach, area on opposite sides of the car. Grrrr:-(
MaddogZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #291
MaddogZ28

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28, 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you are having with the paint! If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership; I would be more than happy to check this out for you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Is this a scam?
MaddogZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #292
1FOCUSS
ACE5.ORG (Atlanta Group)

Drives: 2011 RS Red Jewel
Car judge told me to get a Crayola crayon that matches my paint color and continuously apply????????

Was suggested to stay away from touch up paint... does that sound right??
1FOCUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #293
justind511

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS non-RS RJT M6
my dealership basically laughed when brought our car in for the paint problem. they told me the chips were there when i bought it but they put something on it so you couldnt really see it....untill the first car wash....the entire front bumper and gill area are covered in specks. bu i got the bumper painted when someone backed into m. they used extra clear coat an i have not had any more rock chips in it. but i am hinking about getting DRcolorchip.com repair kit for that. its not perfect but might make it look better than it is
justind511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #294
2010 yellow 2ss/rs

Drives: 2011 inferno orange 2ss/rs
my side gills and bumper had too many chips to count. when i took it to the dealer they said it was normal, however i had discovered paint missing around both headlights and cracking under the rear spoiler. they covered the trunk lid and rear spoiler. I paid 500 to have the quarters blended. since then i've had 1 chip. kinda odd if this is not an issue with the factory paint. I drove Nova Scotia,Canada. to Indy and back. still only the one chip ????
2010 yellow 2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote