Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Production model front end

I was wondering what you guys thought chevy will do to maintain the front end of the production model to match the concept. One of the things I thought was so unique about the concept, and would really like to see make it on the production model, was the front headlights. I really like how the "daytime running lights" are the ring around the actual headlight. What do you all think?

I was reading an article that was talking about how they were going to try to stay as true to the concept model as possible, but that there would be some changes to the overall look and was just speculating as to what should be transferred in its exact form from the concept to the production model.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Those are halos. I'm not sure I like them yet, other companies have had them for a few years now.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Halos are awesome! BMW has had them for a few years now, and I think they look perfect on the front of the Camaro. I hope they use them. GM should think outside the box sometimes and put some touches on cars you wouldn't expect. I do expect Xenon HIDs to be available at least as an option, however. If not, I would be VERY dissappointed.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #4
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
the halo's would be a pricey standard piece on the car if they come on every car unless they do it as a option. i know that other cars that have it like bmw its a 3k option. each light is a LED and they have a ballast in them which basically mkaes them work
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
the halo's would be a pricey standard piece on the car if they come on every car unless they do it as a option. i know that other cars that have it like bmw its a 3k option. each light is a LED and they have a ballast in them which basically mkaes them work
It's not 3k for just the halo lights on BMW's. It's 3k on BMW's because the halo "angel eyes" only come with xenon lights, so really you're paying that much mostly for the xenon headlights.

The way the concept camaro has the halo lights setup is as an LED light each, but the BMW's halo lights for example don't use multiple LED lights. BMW's system is basically one single bulb that powers the entire halo ring. So, GM can still give us halo lights on the Camaro without using the fancy multi-LED system they have on the concept. Personally I'd either like to see the halo lights like the way it's setup in the concept Camaro, or none at all. Leave the fully-lit ring look to BMW's.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
You can get aftermarket halo lights for the Mustang. Well, you can here in Britain, so I'm assuming you can in the US too!

If GM don't offer them, someone will.
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
aftermarket lights suck though. you start to get alot of moisture in the light and then you have "chrome" from inside the light fading.
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I've got a set of halos for my 98 Z
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I like the halos. I remember the fist time I saw a BMW with them, they definitely look tough. I know they are costly but I hope they are an option on the higher end Camaro.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #10
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Personally I'd either like to see the halo lights like the way it's setup in the concept Camaro, or none at all. Leave the fully-lit ring look to BMW's.

What's wrong with some added style? Quite honestly, the halos make the car friggin sinister and down right mean looking - which is what makes them great.

If they don't offer them, I'll probably buy a set of my own and do some custom fitting. Hey, they put them in the concept, so to "dumbdown" the production model not only takes some sophistocation and true style off of the car, it is counterproductive to what GM needs to be doing right now: deliver knock out style.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Guys, those halos look awesome on that concept...a heck of a lot better than on that Beamer. Keep it the same, GM!

Anyone hear the rumor that the gov't is going to begin putting restrictions on HID's? Apparently they are causing more accidents for those oncoming drivers who get blinded by them.
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #12
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
You know what, that ^^^^ that does look pretty damn good. I retract my statement about saving the halo rings for BMW's Bring them on GM!!
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It almost looks like the concept has "eyes".
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #14
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It almost looks like the concept has "eyes".
That is what i thought. I think that the halos really set this car apart from any other car out there.

Yeah the BMWs do utilize them, but they are not nearly as prominant on the BMWs as they are on the camaro. If you saw those coming at you a mile away you would have no boubt that it is a Camaro

Even if they do not offer the xenon headlights or if they are offered at a premium, I really hope that the halos stay standard or at least standard on the v-8 models. They really make that thing look sinister as hell!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote