Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #351
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
ok i had my 2012 dash done yesterday.........This guy took a fine needle type of devise and injected glue into the bubble area ,,not just any glue some stuff that he was only suppose to have.......i must say i cant tell anything has been done to the dash.... it looks good and i would say that 98% of the bubble is gone and the only way you can tell is if you run your hand across it as you still feel a pee size spot .........all in all i am satisfied with the spot .......my dealer said there is no cases out there that have been reported and i was the only one he knew that had this problem..... he also told me that if its starts again to come back and we will replace the dash but also commented that when you do that there is always some kind of scratch or some miss connection that could look or act worse.....
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #352
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
ok i had my 2012 dash done yesterday.........This guy took a fine needle type of devise and injected glue into the bubble area ,,not just any glue some stuff that he was only suppose to have.......i must say i cant tell anything has been done to the dash.... it looks good and i would say that 98% of the bubble is gone and the only way you can tell is if you run your hand across it as you still feel a pee size spot .........all in all i am satisfied with the spot .......my dealer said there is no cases out there that have been reported and i was the only one he knew that had this problem..... he also told me that if its starts again to come back and we will replace the dash but also commented that when you do that there is always some kind of scratch or some miss connection that could look or act worse.....
I would tell them if they scratch or damage anything in the interior when they are doing any type work they will be responsible for replacing that too. It is BS to try to keep you from having work done by telling you if they do they will end up scratching something else.
Before they do any work I would take some pictures of the dash as it is and then if they damage something you have proof that it was ok before they worked on it.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #353
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I would tell them if they scratch or damage anything in the interior when they are doing any type work they will be responsible for replacing that too. It is BS to try to keep you from having work done by telling you if they do they will end up scratching something else.
Before they do any work I would take some pictures of the dash as it is and then if they damage something you have proof that it was ok before they worked on it.
your right and i agree with you 100% but the fact of the matter is this .......these guys that do this kind of stuff in principle are your local guys you either get a guy thats a pro or an average joe that messes things up time after time again....ave joe is for the most part 75% of the time is the guy you get to do this kind of thing....these guys learn as they go......
Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #354
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
your right and i agree with you 100% but the fact of the matter is this .......these guys that do this kind of stuff in principle are your local guys you either get a guy thats a pro or an average joe that messes things up time after time again....ave joe is for the most part 75% of the time is the guy you get to do this kind of thing....these guys learn as they go......
No matter who does the job they are still responsible to make it right.
I had to have a piece of the dash in my Saturn Sky replaced. and when I got it back I noticed marks on the dash where someone had used a screwdriver to pry it apart. not the right way to do it of course. Well when I brought it to the service manager's attention they immeadately ordered an entirely new dashbord for my car. They said that the guy working on it sometimes takes shortcuts and this was his last chance. Evidently some never learn as they go, they fired him then and there. They also offered me for free, any Saturn acessory for my trouble, I chose a Saturn Sky Car cover.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #355
20121lt
REAPER1LE

Drives: 1LE 1 SS 2018
Send a message via Yahoo to 20121lt
Hi brandon not an issue with dealership they were strait up i understand no fix at the moment for the dash issue but my other two items that i have stated were not completely answered there are so many threads on here that chevy knows about this and they are fixing? i will pm u my info i just want a yes or a no on what chevy claims are normal in reguards to design and function
20121lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #356
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Why have we sunk so low in business that a discussion like this has to be held?
What is happening to the auto industry?
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #357
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
good news from the dealer today!!!! my service manager spoke to GM's tech team today, and said that they have been working with the plastic manufacturer for a permanent solution and will pulling their inventory of faulty dash trim pieces. I was also told that they will be putting out a TSB very soon. Finally getting somewhere.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #358
akonechn

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Any idea how hard it would be to switch to the suede dash piece from the zl1? Any input if they are having similar problems? I'd hope not.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #359
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Shouldn't be hard at all. I would think sooner or later they would have the same issue
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #360
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
good news from the dealer today!!!! my service manager spoke to GM's tech team today, and said that they have been working with the plastic manufacturer for a permanent solution and will pulling their inventory of faulty dash trim pieces. I was also told that they will be putting out a TSB very soon. Finally getting somewhere.
Fantastic news! If you or anyone gets a hold of the TSB number, please share and we can all go get this taken care of for good.
Current: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary (#350)- 12.22 @ 115mph
- MX0 8-speed automatic, CF5 power sunroof

Former: 2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph

Order: TMFF65
1100 - 5/19/16 | 2000 - 5/26/16 | 3000 - 6/1/16
3100 - 6/6/16 (TPW 6/20) | 3300 - 6/9/16
3400 - 6/10/16 | 4200 - 6/23/16 | 4300 - 6/28/16
5000 - 6/30/16 | 6000 - 7/1/16

Club F1FTY
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #361
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Mine is showing some slight bubbling but unless you run your fingers over it you can't see it. so i will wait till the final fix is in before taking mine in to be repaired.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #362
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
Fantastic news! If you or anyone gets a hold of the TSB number, please share and we can all go get this taken care of for good.
as soon as i get more info i will share it with everyone.! hopefully this pain in the arse is almost taken care of!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #363
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Finally took it in to dealer. Not sure why as if when this gets replaced it will just bubble up again. Service rep said it will take a long time to take apart the dash. It got me worried that he isn't aware of this issue so I let him know that most all with this issue are 2012s with the leather trim and only that trim gets replaced. We need some fix ASAP.

[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]

Last edited by dcplus14; 08-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #364
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
How do they fix this? Mine has large bubbles forming on the passenger side
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote