Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #57
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
you really think it's a good idea to let a 16 year old kid with a fresh license get behind the wheel of a high performance car like the ZL1? If it were my kid, at 16 he'd be lucky to get behind of a high-mileage LT Camaro, let alone a "pristine" ZL1. If we're still around 6years from now, let me know how that turns out!
my kid is really sensible and mature...not like most of the 10 year old snots these days...my dad gave me a 1956 chef pickup hot rodded when i was 16...and a camaro that my mother owned...I babied both of them...and I respected the power they had...if you install these things in your kids and treat them like grownups you'll have an amazing relationship with your kids...My dad is the best and he loved me enough to part with his pride and joy...thats love...not many would do that...most would be on their death bed and sayin', "here's the keys" ( in a dying voice tone)... lol Teach your kids to respect things given to them and they will do the same for their kids...plus they aren't kids when they are 16...at least I wasn't...I appreciated everything they did for me.

cheers
jashobbsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #58
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
6 years down the road I think a stock car with 580hp will be low on the totem pole. Unless they come out with restrictions because HP is increasing like crazy every year for stock cars.

It'll be more like 800HP actually, I'm planing on putting a stage 5 kit on it soon...

lol
My son is a good kid... he's already showing an interest in cars...he'll have the mother car... my parents gave me a red camaro so i'm just continuing the family tradition... cheers
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #59
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
That sounds exactly like me....LOL! I have gone warp speed back to the garage to beat tha rain! The USS Enterprise aint got nuthin on ME!!!
haha... too funny...same here bud.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #60
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Josh Ammirato's father thought he was being nice to his son when he gave him the keys to his BMW M5. (see news report below)

Five young men were killed early Saturday, January 26, 2008, at Greystone Airport in Florida when the 2008 BMW M5 sports sedan they were traveling in crashed in a high speed accident after being driven on the actual airport strip. Behind the wheel was 18-year-old Joshua Ammirato and riding along in the car were four of his friends. They were returning from a party.

According to local news sources in Ocala, the car skidded at the end of the runway, turned sideways and then sailed up an embankment before crashing into a tree and bursting into flames. The car, which was registered to Ammirato’s father, broke into two pieces after hitting the tree.

Interestingly, Ammirato posted messages on an M5 forum only 12 hours before the crash seeking advice on how to shift gears smoothly when the car was in its max 500hp setting. Some of his posts included: "The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change," and “I am beginner when it comes to high performance cars as I am only 18”.

I'm willing to bet he just gave him the keys...no relationship/building trust...but hey, I could give him a honda civic and he could go kill himself, right? He's a mild mannered kid for sure...and believe me if he for some reason turns a different leaf, he will not be blessed with this car... only time will tell...but its always a great idea to reward your kids for doing great in life...my parents done it to me and I never turned out half bad...I respect the power of sports cars...and I own a ZL1 and I've never driven over 180Km/h in my life, not lying.

cheers
Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #61
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
I wouldn't blame it on him having to much horsepower just him being stupid. Yes the horsepower is what got him to test it but then again if you run out of road on an airstrip doing a high amount of speed nothing good will happen. Not all kids are that negligent
I agree, some kids are just plain stupid and think they are just too cool...I know , I grew up with some guys like that. show offs! this shit happens everyday, some people just have bad kids and its too late to do anything with them then.... you just don't jump in muscle car and floor it ...drive it...and get a feel for it, know your limitations as a driver...its an art just like anything else ...

cheers
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #62
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Your son is 10 right now and at a different stage right now, wait until the hormones really kick in and the testosterone is freely flowing. He will still be your son they always are and we love them but he will want to hang with his friends and not you at that age.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #63
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Your son is 10 right now and at a different stage right now, wait until the hormones really kick in and the testosterone is freely flowing. He will still be your son they always are and we love them but he will want to hang with his friends and not you at that age.
with his ZL1... gotta carry forward the tradition.... who knows he'll probably want a brand new ZL1 by that time and he'll have whatever he wants...I'll make sure of it. my father gave me a 1956 Chevy pickup that he restored... and I want to do something special for my kid...
16 year olds 40 years ago were having babies... I think 16 year old today have more common sense in a way...they grow up quick and are smarter for the most part. I don't want to spoil my kid but he will have a nice car just like I did, something I always dreamed of doing for him... I love my boy more than any car....they are just toys after all.