Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #57
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUKAMANIA View Post
I tried to program my key like instructed as far as putting the original key in the ignition and turning the car on and then putting the new one in and turning the car on and the new key works as far as turning the car on but none of my buttons work. Any suggestions as to what went wrong or how to fix this? I can start the car but the lock, unlock, remote start, trunk and panic buttons won't work.
When you put the original key in, turn the key were all the lights on the dash light up, but not to where the car starts. Starting the car will not put it into the programming mode.

I have a 2010 and have programmed three additional FOBs from my original key.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #58
kyotewmn

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
I didn't start the engine, followed the instructions to the letter, but it won't even get to the automatic lock/unlock when unlock is released. Somehow, I did manage to DE-program my original fob though, so now none of the buttons work! FML!!! I've got no clue why it's not working...I'm certainly no idiot.

Some people have one of those days...I have one of those lives. **sigh** Anyone in the Vegas area that would help a damsel in distress?
kyotewmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #59
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotewmn View Post
I didn't start the engine, followed the instructions to the letter, but it won't even get to the automatic lock/unlock when unlock is released. Somehow, I did manage to DE-program my original fob though, so now none of the buttons work! FML!!! I've got no clue why it's not working...I'm certainly no idiot.

Some people have one of those days...I have one of those lives. **sigh** Anyone in the Vegas area that would help a damsel in distress?
Oh my. How in the world did you 'de-program' your original FOB. I know, if you knew that, you wouldn't be having a problem.

no one is an idiot here, and there is always little things lost in translation, or mis-understood, or mis-stated.

Will your original FOB start the car? If so, you still should be in good shape.

I would drive the car around a little, come home, and try again with the programming. Insert Good key, turn till lights come on, wait a few seconds. Turn ignition off, put in new FOB, turn key till all lights come on, wait and see if you get a message new key programmed.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #60
giturr14

Drives: V6 camaro
Hey guys i have lost both set of keys to my 2013 camaro and i ordered a new key from the dealership for $140 but they are trying to charge me $135 just to program it. i found a locksmith that could program it for $95 but then i looked in the car manual and i found this. Let me know if any of you guys have tried this. i should try this tomorrow or the day after. If it works i wanna go to the dealership and tell them to f*&k off.
giturr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #61
Chris0222

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hi All,

My 2010 SS has be stolen 3 times and carjacked once so it is bad luck or it is red. The last two times it was taken they had the keys but didn't leave them in the car. I wen through the procedure that was posted and it worked on the new key. However; the remote doesn't work. I had the same indications as Rogan and caris2010.
Chris0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #62
Darth93
Darth93

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE,1983 Camaro Z/28
I just bought a key fob on Amazon and got it programed...thanks to the instructions here! Just put old key in ignition turn to lights on, but don't start engine...you know the drill...
One item I might add to help other folks....and not sure of this....When you get a new fob, I think you have one chance at programing it.
On mine everything works but the trunk button. I thought I would program it again, but would not do it. I believe I read somewhere in my travels that the fob has to be electronically unlocked to reprogram it again. This might explain why some folks that get used fobs have trouble?

I also hammered out the pin and swapped the key blank as my old fob had disintegrated. This worked great also.

The weird thing with my old fob...it was a bear to take apart. The plastic was fused together. I had bought a case with no guts in it. When I put it all back together, it would not start the car. I got the passcode symbol on the dash. It would unlock the doors and trunk. I must have hurt something on the circuit board.
Darth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #63
FASTDIESEL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SLP Cosmetics
Unearth an old thread!

Both of my key fob lock buttons are pushed through the cover, leaving holes in the face. I blame my wife's fingernails.

I took and "extra" key given to me by the dealer when the "performed" the key recall. Cut it out of the plastic head, installed in a new, eBay purchased, $25.00 key fob. I used the "undo the recall" instructions listed. Did the 10 second relearn, and presto, it worked like a charm.

Thanks Camaro5!
13.244 @ 104.91 100% stock (#17).
Now - Mike Norris catch can. 245/50/19 Firestone Wingfoot A/S on LT2 black powder coated rims (square). 1 7/8" Speed-Engineering LTH, off road pipes, tune.
Now 12.93 @ 109.13.
FASTDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #64
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
or you can put one of your origional keys in the ignition and turn to the on position, then remove it, put your new unprogrammed key in the same ignition and turn it to the on position and wait to hear it beep and display "third key remembered" or some thing like that on the center display. that is how I programmed my ordered key. works just like the one that came with my car.

does this for for the fob too? or just the key?
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:04 PM   #65
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Both
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #66
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUKAMANIA View Post
I tried to program my key like instructed as far as putting the original key in the ignition and turning the car on and then putting the new one in and turning the car on and the new key works as far as turning the car on but none of my buttons work. Any suggestions as to what went wrong or how to fix this? I can start the car but the lock, unlock, remote start, trunk and panic buttons won't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth93 View Post
I just bought a key fob on Amazon and got it programed...thanks to the instructions here! Just put old key in ignition turn to lights on, but don't start engine...you know the drill...
One item I might add to help other folks....and not sure of this....When you get a new fob, I think you have one chance at programing it.
On mine everything works but the trunk button. I thought I would program it again, but would not do it. I believe I read somewhere in my travels that the fob has to be electronically unlocked to reprogram it again. This might explain why some folks that get used fobs have trouble?

I have had the same exact problem as HOUKAMANIA and Darth93. I have bought 2 new un-programmed remotes from different sources and tried to program them with the working key. Both remotes will start the car, lock and unlock the doors, and the panic button works but they will not open the trunk with the button on the remote. Has anyone figured this out yet? With 3 of us having the exact same isssue I'm hoping to find a solution without having to go to the dealership.

Last edited by RaycinSS; 05-23-2016 at 12:32 AM.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:16 PM   #67
adamx

Drives: 2010 camaro
I feel like it doesn't program the key correctly when you reuse an existing keyblade. Maybe I'm wrong. My remote start won't work, though the rest of it does.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #68
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
I have had the same exact problem as HOUKAMANIA and Darth93. I have bought 2 new un-programmed remotes from different sources and tried to program them with the working key. Both remotes will start the car, lock and unlock the doors, and the panic button works but they will not open the trunk with the button on the remote. Has anyone figured this out yet? With 3 of us having the exact same isssue I'm hoping to find a solution without having to go to the dealership.
I think the trunk relay has a delay in it. Couple of things to try ...#1)Hold the button for 5 secs
#2) Press the button twice 3)Change the battery..may not have enough juice to work with #1.
Post back your results if you try any of these.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #69
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I think the trunk relay has a delay in it. Couple of things to try ...#1)Hold the button for 5 secs
#2) Press the button twice 3)Change the battery..may not have enough juice to work with #1.
Post back your results if you try any of these.
Thanks for the reply. This has been very frustrating.

Yes I have tried all of those things. It's as if that one feature just doesn't program. Again the one remote that came with it works perfectly. I'm beginning to believe there is a problem with the keyless module in the car but doesn't explain why 2 others here have the exact same problem.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:21 AM   #70
Opinal01

Drives: Red convertible camaro V6
I have a 2014 ls camaro and that process didn't work do i have to do another process?
Opinal01 is offline   Reply With Quote