Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2020, 08:54 PM   #29
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Would not hesitate to by a 2014 or 2015 CTF car today. I was seriously looking at a AGM one with 600 miles on it in Sept. 2016 that the dealer told me they got from GM and it was a "car show" car in the east coast area. It also was a super nice car.

Overall I would say if you had documented "interesting" history to a CTF car it would be a nice find. But good luck getting that.

I got better deal on 2015 AGM, 19 miles, new - so decided to go that route. Before I bought the dealer sent me some order paperwork on the car and it showed that car completed on 11/21/14 - with 11/21 being my Birthday - I decided this car was meant to be mine!

Agreed. I'd gladly buy a CTF with no issues. Not that he ever would, but Al knows i'll glady take his off his hands. And as mentioned, i'll gladly take '15 #3 because that was my groups car.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:57 PM   #30
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN ONE LS7 View Post
Thanks for the info .
Thoughts on 14 Z/28 , considering regular production that would make
A car that is not CTF. 1 of the 440 . Or like I gave thoughts on SIM GHOST car as 1 of 11 ?
Considering his 2014 SIM Non CTF with A/C package ?
Or do you think it breaks up 1 of 20 ?
I am not anywhere near as knowledgeable with 14/15 Z28’s as some great folks on this forum. But I consider mine as 1 of 20 or even 1 of 29 if you break it down to 14’s of each color, including CTF. I looked at a 14 SIM on the showroom floor when new, passed up on it and regretted it. I began looking at supercharging my v6 to get more power and thought how stupid to keep throwing more $$ into a high production Camaro. So I began looking for a Z28. I wanted a SIM but wasn’t finding any under 65k so my next choice was AGM. Found a few but they seemed pretty worn for the low mileage. Found my 14 SIM and jumped right on it. It had some stripes and other things that I just don’t like on this car, but it was a 14 SIM and in pretty good shape. So I guess when it comes down to it. If you want a certain year and color, your limited by the number produced and if that means you need to pay top $$ or need to replace high priced brake pads. Then your pretty much limited. So if you want a CTF then your limited to 69 and what those people want for them or the condition they are in.
I digress but I’ll say that there seems to only be about 2k people left in this world that still can drive a standard transmission so the Z28 might not even be desirable except to those of us that own one.

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 03-30-2020 at 05:24 AM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:06 PM   #31
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I am not anywhere near as knowledgeable with 14/15 Z28’s as some great folks on this forum. But I consider mine as 1 of 20 if you break it down to 14’s of each color, including CTF. I looked at a 14 SIM on the showroom floor when new, passed up on it and regretted it. I began looking at supercharging my v6 to get more power and thought how stupid to keep throwing more $$ into a high production Camaro. So I began looking for a Z28. I wanted a SIM but wasn’t finding any under 65k so my next choice was AGM. Found a few but they seemed pretty worn for the low mileage. Found my 14 SIM and jumped right on it. It had some stripes and other things that I just don’t like on this car, but it was a 14 SIM and in pretty good shape. So I guess when it comes down to it. If you want a certain year and color, your limited by the number produced and if that means you need to pay top $$ or need to replace high priced brake pads. Then your pretty much limited. So if you want a CTF then your limited to 69 and what those people want for them or the condition they are in.
I digress but I’ll say that there seems to only be about 2k people left in this world that still can drive a standard transmission so the Z28 might not even be desirable except to those of us that own one.
Guy's we all complain that no one knows how to drive a standard trans, may be it's time some of us start to show them how to drive the car, my frinds kid he is 18, now knows how to drive all my M6 camaros, we started with the 2.0T and after 6 months he is now on the ZLE.

It's our job to show themost how it's done.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:23 AM   #32
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Guy's we all complain that no one knows how to drive a standard trans, may be it's time some of us start to show them how to drive the car, my frinds kid he is 18, now knows how to drive all my M6 camaros, we started with the 2.0T and after 6 months he is now on the ZLE.

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #33
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post

1000000% agree. Real tired of people complaining about millenials, manual trans started to die well before we were born.

Younger folk will never carry on the hobby if we dont take the time to show them.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:45 PM   #34
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
1000000% agree. Real tired of people complaining about millenials, manual trans started to die well before we were born.

Younger folk will never carry on the hobby if we dont take the time to show them.
My son is now 18 - took him out in Z to learn how to run the clutch at 16- Z is easy car to learn on as it has so much torque. Just let it out slow in 1st and off you go. Ever since all his video game play he shifts himself.

Will do the same with my 16 years old daughter this summer - will be more of a challenge as my son rode quads and moto's growing up - she also had a quad, but never a true manual - but she can do it.

My son is still a little intimidated by the Z (which is good)- but he will get it. We will head to the track when he is done with Hockey - first in a Golf R, then he can graduate to the Z. I can't wait for more fun track days with my son driving and me as the crew, instead of the reverse. Who knows maybe my daughter will join us - that would be awesome.

Last year we were on a hockey trip for him and Hertz offered us an SS vert. no upcharge - was an auto, but we took it. took him out on the weekend to a deserted industrial area, big cul de sac and showed him how to do donuts in the car (he had done them in the dirt in the truck) - and what happens if you turn into the spin and out of the spin. He mastered it in no time - we got our money's worth and Hertz got the car back in one piece - but they may have needed to new shoes in the back ! Dirt is a great place to take your kids to learn about car control. We are lucky to have a lot of great high desert roads they can learn on, safely.

Once fear shifts to fun - they are hooked for life!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote