Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Arrow Detroit Speed Suspension Tech video!

Hey everyone, check out this video Detroit Speed put together going over what makes their white monster what it is!

We have been running the full DSE Speed 3 kit on our JDP Camaro for about 6 months now and have been very impressed with the quality workmanship and how the car flat out WORKS!! We took fastest time of the weekend at the Camaro5fest Camarocross, Sturgis Camaro Rally AutoCross and took home DSE's fastest 5th gen award at one of the Optima ultimate street car qualifying events over a built Z28! We're looking forward to runnning in the Ultimate street car shootout in November!

Feel free to call, PM or email us anytime with questions. We're always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler

Last edited by JDP Sales; 05-29-2018 at 05:34 PM.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
STONE SS

Drives: 2010 SS IOM
Just ordered the 2012+ rear sway bar from you guys. Can't wait to get it installed! Should compliment the Pedders 27mm front bar really well. I know Pedders recommended running their 27mm front and 32mm rear bars, but figured with 275 front and 315 rear tires the 35mm would be a good match. Especially since I couldn't find a Pedders rear bar.
STONE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfire66 View Post
Just ordered the 2012+ rear sway bar from you guys. Can't wait to get it installed! Should compliment the Pedders 27mm front bar really well. I know Pedders recommended running their 27mm front and 32mm rear bars, but figured with 275 front and 315 rear tires the 35mm would be a good match. Especially since I couldn't find a Pedders rear bar.
Awesome, thanks for the order. The DSE bar will be a good match with a staggered setup. I'd probably run one of the stiffer settings up front and the soft setting in the rear to start out and go from there. Keep us updated and let us know how it works out!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 10-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
STONE SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Awesome, thanks for the order. The DSE bar will be a good match with a staggered setup. I'd probably run one of the stiffer settings up front and the soft setting in the rear to start out and go from there. Keep us updated and let us know how it works out!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Will do. It will be a little bit before I get it all done. Doing a lot of upgrades at once. Bushings (sub frame inserts, rear LCA, rear UCA, rear trailing arms) already did radius rod inserts, rear FE4 conversion, sways, springs, headers, exhaust, and tune. She's gonna be a completely different car! Gonna run Texas World Speedway a few times before it closes next spring/summer.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfire66 View Post
Will do. It will be a little bit before I get it all done. Doing a lot of upgrades at once. Bushings (sub frame inserts, rear LCA, rear UCA, rear trailing arms) already did radius rod inserts, rear FE4 conversion, sways, springs, headers, exhaust, and tune. She's gonna be a completely different car! Gonna run Texas World Speedway a few times before it closes next spring/summer.
Very nice! Sounds like a good setup! Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help out at all.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
STONE SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Very nice! Sounds like a good setup! Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help out at all.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Sounds good Tyler. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
STONE SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
One thing to keep in mind, is that the DSE bar is hollow, and the Pedders bar is solid. The 35mm tubular bar is probably pretty close in rate to the 32mm solid bar. It all depends on the materials, wall thickness (tubular), heat treating, etc.; just because it's bigger doesn't mean it necessarily offers more roll resistance.
That is what I was thinking as well. I had thought about doing the Hotchkis 32mm rear tubular bar, but figured the DSE 35mm would be closer to the Pedders 32mm solid bar and with both being adjustable I can get it where I need it to be.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I'd love to get that DSE setup, but holy $#!+ that stuff is expensive...

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
I'd love to get that DSE setup, but holy $#!+ that stuff is expensive...
You get what you pay for.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 10-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #10
STONE SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
In this case you probably figured right…

A down & dirty calculation says the DSE bar is 4% stiffer (middle setting) than the 32mm Pedders bar, but that assumes the same material is used. The DSE endlink should bump that up a little more...
Thanks for the info 130R! Really looking forward to seeing how this setup performs!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
You won't be disappointed

Tags
best suspension, camaro suspension, detroit speed suspension camaro, jdp motorsports