Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Mike Rowe Speech.

I got this from Adams Forums.

Pretty powerful Speech.

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Good speech!
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Ruin
...soon

Drives: 1969 Corvette & 2010 Mazda 3
This man speaks the truth. It's a fundamental flaw within our society and our education system. I just hope people will listen, and act to close this gap.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Too bad he is Ford's spokesman. A lot of ppl don't know it, but he is also a renown opera singer. He speaks 100% truth. Our society has gone down the crapper and we live in an infant world. Everyone expects to be spoon fed or just given what they need. The internet, computers and cell phones have done more harm than good IMO. Parents don't parent, kids are not held accountable or made examples of for their actions, the school systems are not teaching the way they should or holding kids accountable and to top it all off the kids are disrespectful and don't have a care in the world. That all turns right back around and falls back on the parenting. TAKS testing and "Leave no child behind" has done more harm than good IMO also.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Too bad he is Ford's spokesman. A lot of ppl don't know it, but he is also a renown opera singer. He speaks 100% truth. Our society has gone down the crapper and we live in an infant world. Everyone expects to be spoon fed or just given what they need. The internet, computers and cell phones have done more harm than good IMO. Parents don't parent, kids are not held accountable or made examples of for their actions, the school systems are not teaching the way they should or holding kids accountable and to top it all off the kids are disrespectful and don't have a care in the world. That all turns right back around and falls back on the parenting. TAKS testing and "Leave no child behind" has done more harm than good IMO also.
Agreed, TAKS is a Texas thing tho although I'm sure other states have their own stupid standardized test.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
I really enjoy that man - love his show! He is a great speaker!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
http://www.mikeroweworks.com/

check it out.

He may be a spokesman for ford (we still have Tim Allen), but he's also partnered with Caterpillar and a bunch of other companies to drive home his message.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Kentucky has CATS and it is a joke of a test. Now next year we have new standards and a new test, but funny that we do not have the standards yet to plan instruction for the kids.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
I love his show and seems like a great guy.
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The knowledge gap doesn't just apply to skilled labor, it applies to several facets of our society. As the baby boomer generation begins retiring there simply aren't as many people out there in the current and future generations to fill the amount of job openings being left behind. Even high school and college graduates right now get out to the real world and there is a large gap between their fresh-thinking minds and the knowledge and wisdom of the generation of workers that are at, or close, to retirement age.

I face this on a large scale in the civil engineering field. In my specialized sector of high voltage transmission line design, the majority of engineers are in their late 40's up through retirement age. There are a few 30-something's and the 20-something's that are fresh out of college are having a difficult time interacting in a constructive manner with the "older" generations to soak up as much knowledge as they can. So, even though the "kids" have a firm grip on math, physics, structural analysis, computer technology and other generic engineering related topics that are taught in their degree field, they don't have the specific application knowledge that they need to be learning from the experienced folks.

I think this same principal applies everywhere. I believe the majority of that falls on the education system because it is only teaching kids what to learn and not how to learn. Until someone smarter and wiser than me can figure out the solution to that and sell it convincingly to this country, we're going to continue down this path of knowledge discontinuity.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
GREAT speach.....and it hits the nail on the head!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
riderguy999
can't wait

Drives: 2lt RS
all i can say is ......amen....... i am a skilled laborer an automotive Tech and when I use to tell people (I don't tell anymore) what I do all i got was how we are all crooks or how the last guy could not fix it or how much it cost. even though i never worked on their cars or trucks it was never at my shop or even met them until now. i was also looked down a pone because of what i did like i never could be anything else. never to hear thank you, or to have any kind of understanding. that no one is perfect, and training is everything. these days technology is moving faster then anyone can keep up. talk to us ..we are just like you
riderguy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #13
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Good Video, Great speech.