Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #99
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
If they don't announce a Z28 by February 2013 I will go ahead with a 1LE. I'm getting real tired of waiting and won't be able to hold out much longer. It would also have to be significantly cheaper than a ZL1 for me to consider it, if announced. A metallic blue Z28 would be my dream car but a black 1LE is definitely enough to make me feel like I didn't settle for a lesser car. Either way I'm having fun waiting to see if GM comes through for us.
1LEs will come in any color? I thought red only.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #100
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
1LEs will come in any color? I thought red only.
Originally that was correct but In the newest press release It does not say anything about the hash marks or the only color being red.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #101
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
One color? Yeah that'll sell cars. NOT!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #102
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
One color? Yeah that'll sell cars. NOT!
That's why I thought it was odd when they first announced it in VR only.... Glad they changed their mind.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #103
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I haven't read through....we all being good in here?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #104
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Most of us.....
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #105
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
The majority of the time........YES!
Every now and then we get a few trouble makers.

Joe, congrats again to your Z.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #106
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Grazie!

Glad to hear everyone's good. I like these discussions. I should compile the thoughts and author a book...Camaro philosophy 101 for new Enthusiasts: All you need to know.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #107
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Glad to hear everyone's good. I like these discussions. I should compile the thoughts and author a book...Camaro philosophy 101 for new Enthusiasts: All you need to know.

Lets be honest here for a moment. The way I see it, you have six old guys that hang out and control this entire section. If and when anyone else comes in here and post any opinion that differs from theirs, they are jumped on for stirring the pot. I hate to say it, but seeing that at this point in time, the car does not exist, so there is nothing but opinion and speculation. And one mans opinion should not carry any more weight than anther's. Just because you don't like what we have to say, doesn't mean we don't belong or shouldn't be here ...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #108
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Lets be honest here for a moment. The way I see it, you have six old guys that hang out and control this entire section. If and when anyone else comes in here and post any opinion that differs from theirs, they are jumped on for stirring the pot. I hate to say it, but seeing that at this point in time, the car does not exist, so there is nothing but opinion and speculation. And one mans opinion should not carry any more weight than anther's. Just because you don't like what we have to say, doesn't mean we don't belong or shouldn't be here ...
Well, sonny, here at the Home, when they slow down the meds and bi-polar'd faculties fail them, the lads get a wee bit cantankerous. "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience EVERY time", goes the sayin'. And the lads live by that axiom. 'Cause, you see, they might not know a LOT (anymore) but they DO know EXACTLY (no more, no less) what constitutes their favorite land-based 4-seat sizzler..."hehehe".

Too damn bad the old farts are sooo feeble that they'd NEVER be fully able/equipped to utilize ALL the awesome capacities that GM could place within the bumpers of a worthy ZEE...seein' as how Everest-Jennings doesn't have the same capacities in their vehicles, the vehicles all these washed-up old fools peel around in, these days...

Think of this as ZEE Boot Camp, and perhaps you'll realize that, at boot camp, you sit at the mess table, learn what the folks, present, are speakin' about and, even if you think you're Lou Freakin' Ferrigno, you respect those and their discussion...or you'll quickly find out who's friends with whom...and why Lou turns "green with envy"...

BTW...welcome to the humble Home...where visiting hour are entirely up to you, Lou...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 04-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #109
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post

It's not the counter arguments (which we that have been here for quite some time have heard them all) it's the attitude with which they are delivered. We've spent much time analyzing what it would take to mock up a current Z28. We are open to any and all new ideas. But NOT the "it ain't gonna happen" idea.

Oh and who you callin' old?

Last edited by 2cnd chance; 04-05-2012 at 10:40 AM.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #110
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
....everything is good, thanks for asking. Hey, congrats on the impending arrival of your new silver bullett! I'm really excited for you Joe...I look forward to seeing and reading about it....
Old 04-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #111
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
My reason why the Z/28 is more heralded is you can get the SS on pretty much any New GM car now a days (Camaro, Trailblazer SS, Malibu SS, Impala SS, HHR SS, Silverado SS) now several of these cars they no longer offer the SS package on them still the SS has been over used IMHO and only one car can carry the Z/28 and that is the Camaro.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #112
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange2010SS View Post
Just curious why everyone on the board is always so excited about the z/28 over the SS? I'll explain why I'm asking...maybe it's performance related or I'm just not well educated enough in the differences between Z/28 and SS.

I owned a 1997 Z/28 that was a badass ride. However, the SS was the upgrade to the z/28. This was true for all 4th gen Camaros right? You would see the z/28 everywhere but the SS was far more rare and more expensive with beefed up performance parts.

Then the 5th GEN came out and all the V8s are called an SS whether it's a 1SS or a 2SS based on the options you want. Performance is the same. Yet there is no z/28 (yet). Why did GM/Chevy not just call the standard V8 Camaro a z/28 and instead just went with SS? This confuses most of my friends and family who think I really splurged to get the SS when the z/28 was always the more affordable of the V8 Camaro. They don't realize there is no z/28 for the 5th GEN.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask the experts here, because I honestly don't know. I do realize that in the 1st GEN there was the V6 and the V8 SS and the z/28 wasn't introduced until '69? Maybe that's why the 5th gen is SS since it's the re-birth? There were no SS in the 3rd gen right? I owned a 1986 Berlinetta back in the high school days. LOL. 2.8L baby!! Thanks to this site, I found the '86 Berlinetta was actually quite rare
any Chevrolet can be an SS. Only a Camaro can be a Z28. My guess is that when gen5 was under development other Chevy's were using SS, so they decided to make it the standard performance name, like the V series is with Cadillac. Or maybe they wanted to disassociate the new car with the
4thgen??
I don't like it. Basically from 1970-1995 the Z28 was THE performance name for Camaro. Even the IROC's were IROC-Z28's. The SS disappeared. Actually when it returned in 1996 it was called Z28SS.
Some people have wanted the Z28 to return as some low volume special model, but to me that's not really what it was. Maybe it was in 1967-68, but starting in 1970 it basically became the mainstream GT car for the Camaro.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wtf is a z28?