Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
To all you confused, misguided V6 guys...

I'm gonna have to change my mind about the V6 cars. I've been driving a 2013 V6 automatic convertible since Friday afternoon and I have to say this car is every bit as fun as my SS. Maybe not quite as fast but it will still toss you back in the seat. This engine is awesome and I'm throughly impressed that anything such as that came from GM, whose last impressive 6 cylinder was the Grand National in the 80s. Amazing car; love the mirror, pop top, and even the Mylink hasn't pissed me off yet. I'm liking how Chevy changed the camaro.

All that being said, I'm still not sure I could buy a V6 in a camaro lol. But I totally get now what you V6 owners love about your cars.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
LOL! Nice, man!! I only like mine because of the way it looks. It drives like crap! Hahahahah.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
For a V6 I have no complaints.......if this engine was in a lighter car it'd get a lot more respect. I think people frown on it because It's in a camaro without ever even driving it....
Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
LOL! Nice, man!! I only like mine because of the way it looks. It drives like crap! Hahahahah.

My V6 car drove great, handled great. They have plenty of zip. Just not very fast really, but then again neither is a stock SS but the V8 is the better foundation for a fast car.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
interesting.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Haha, that's awesome! I love my V6. She's got all the HP I need [and then some] for driving to and from work every day...
Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Haha, that's awesome! I love my V6. She's got all the HP I need [and then some] for driving to and from work every day...
Yeah and your 87 octane gas and hammer on. I could run 87 in my SS, but I wouldn't hammer on it.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
That's not nice to say to your Camaro man.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #9
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
I think a lot of guys give the V-6's shyt just because. You know how us guys are... Mines is bigger than yours. I would happily be driving a V-6 if my financial situation at the time couldn't provide me with the SS and I would be just as happy. The Camaro is the best looking car on the road rite now hands down.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
I think a lot of guys give the V-6's shyt just because. You know how us guys are... Mines is bigger than yours. I would happily be driving a V-6 if my financial situation at the time couldn't provide me with the SS and I would be just as happy. The Camaro is the best looking car on the road rite now hands down.

Exactly! I could have afforded a V8 1SS, however my 2LT had all the options I desired, it's better on gas, tires are less expensive, and the monthly payment is a little less to boot. Financially, the 2LT was sound. I'm plenty happy with it, and I get a ton of compliments on my car. I live in a small town, so people know who drives that red Camaro. I almost wish I didn't get as many compliments, it can b awkward at times lol

I do miss the torque and rumble of a V8 that my Impala SS had, but the feel and drivability of my Camaro is way better, and just as quick.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
They're powerful for only 6 cylinders..
but like others have said, the car does weigh 3750..
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #12
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
I love my 6 I have a bunch of suspension mods done to it....my car can keep up with 600+ Camaros on the autoX course next year ill be getting into road course to see how she does!! Trust me if you set up your suspension correctly and have everything working tip top shape this littile V6 will be a force to be reckoned with when the turns come.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
two_wheel_mayhem
Just not very fast really, but then again neither is a stock SS

I beg to differ!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #14
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
My V6 car drove great, handled great. They have plenty of zip. Just not very fast really, but then again neither is a stock SS but the V8 is the better foundation for a fast car.
Ok I'm gonna bite and play the devils advocate here.............Oddly this from someone who ditched a car with plenty of Zip.....for a car thats not really fast and that if the engine ( foundation) is modified, can be made to be fast.

Come on Now,,,,,,,a V6 equiped model can be made to be more powerful cheaper than a V8......but not quicker or more powerful. In as much adding the performance suspension & brakes...............is another area you've failed to mention. In jest........ performance is more than engine mod's no matter the foundation of whats under the hood.

Mistakenly faster is often a incorrectly and loosely used word around here................would'nt that be better defined as the upper speeds on the speedometer someone would be willing to push a automobile too. Surely you meant quicker. Just saying..............and a stock SS is a lot quicker (under 5 seconds 0-60) and there are no comparisons of a SS's capabilities of being faster straight out of the box when compared to a V6 model, nor who'd come out on top if similiar foundation modification were applied to one equally as the V6 you've mentioned.................

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 11-04-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Closed Thread