Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
av8r
DV8 Racing founder

Drives: Black 2SS RS ETA march 09!!!
I have Sirius radio

Now that they have merged, can I keep my account and listen to it in my Camaro.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
shane@davesmith
Sales Guru

Drives: 2010 Camaro
yes

Ordered!
2LT w/RS
Aqua Blue Metallic
Manual
shane@davesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Since they merged, all the programing has also merged. Channel names have changed, now I have to get used to where to find everything. I have had XM since they launched in 2001.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
not all of the programming has merged,if you want stern or some other channels you have to get the "best of sirius on XM" package and thats an extra fee.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Unfortunately, I don't think the sports channels have merged.
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
drummerstevey

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
they have except with sirius u can't get baseball from xm, but if u had xm u can get nfl from sirius.

for whatever reason XM is not giving up baseball

Good things are worth waiting for...
drummerstevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
So if you want baseball, better off with XM? Can you even buy them separately now?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Ok....what he is saying, and what I am asking as well...we have SIRIUS accounts..GM states they have XM offered in the camaro. Now my friends who have XM accounts do not get ALL of the same channels I have on sirius, even WITH the "best of" package

so the question he is asking is do we have to create a complete separate account, pay YET ANOTHER 120+ yearly.... Those are not sirius receivers on the camaro, will that receiver be able to pick up a sirius account, I have heard it will not....and that is a load of horse s--- if that is the case.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Ok....what he is saying, and what I am asking as well...we have SIRIUS accounts..GM states they have XM offered in the camaro. Now my friends who have XM accounts do not get ALL of the same channels I have on sirius, even WITH the "best of" package

so the question he is asking is do we have to create a complete separate account, pay YET ANOTHER 120+ yearly.... Those are not sirius receivers on the camaro, will that receiver be able to pick up a sirius account, I have heard it will not....and that is a load of horse s--- if that is the case.
I'm with you man, but I think GM didn't have a choice. They had to fulfill their end of the contract with XM befor they merged. Although I would think that by the time the camaro is made, the merger should be far enough along that they could put a reciever in it that would pick up either side. Maybe GM should have offered it as an option for those who special ordered. Looks like I'll still be stuck with a stand alone reciever on the dash. I really thought I could do away with that with a new car.

From my understanding, the only way to get sirius on the XM is to switch to XM ands pay another $6 on top of that to get the best of (Howard Stern and such). Sorry, but what's the point of listening to 80's music if it's not hosted by the original MTV VJ's (as it is on Sirius).
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
drummerstevey

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
So if you want baseball, better off with XM? Can you even buy them separately now?

yes indeed that would be best

Quote:

this however im not tooo sure of probably best would be to contact sirius

Good things are worth waiting for...
drummerstevey is offline   Reply With Quote