Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
reserve parking sign rant

This is really doesn't bother me cause like most of you I park in the back 40.

First its the legit HANDICAPPED PARKING. (which is good)

Then its reserved for "EXPECTANT MOTHERS " ( most of which can run faster then me) and does somone do a test to see if they are pregnant?

Now I see Ikeas got a spot reserved for HYBRID CARS (oh brother, whats nexted)

So for fun lets make up our own reserved sign .

How about- RESERVED FOR WORKING CLASS MALES WHO KEEP THIS COUNTY RUNNING.

Have you got one?
Remember these signs don't bother me. Well maybe the hybrid one.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
At my grocery store they have around 15 expectant mother spots. I thought exercise was good for them. I know my neighbor was still out running at 7 months.

How about spots that are 14 feet wide with ropes around them for "Cool guys that take care of their sweet rides".
Old 02-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
At the gym that I USED to work out at, the spots closest to the door were reserved for employees.... then, further out were the handicapped parking spots. Seriously... gym employees got to park closer than disabled people. I even lodged a complaint, on the basis of it not only being backwards, but, that, as a business, they looked like total jackasses... they told me to go pound sand, employees deserve them.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
When I was in the military, one of the sergeants in my battalion (who was, incidentally, a bona fide jerk) really liked a particular spot near the motor pool... so he painted "Reserved for SSG Jones" on the curb stopper. Since this WAS a good parking space indeed, and knowing that painting that name/ reserving that spot was as against military rules, I parked there. SSG Jones came along shortly afterwards, and parked his car so as to block my car in place. He apparently thought that painting his name on there made that spot HIS personal property.

The MPs towed his car, he was cited, and got busted for painting his name on there (damage to military property, article 15).

If he wasn't a jerk, I probably wouldn't have parked there, but, hey, jerks need to be handed a little bit of compensation for their efforts every now and then, and he handed that opportunity to me on a shining silver platter.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
The "Parents with Children" irks me. Not my fault they can't learn to use a rubber, same with expectant mothers.

Best Buy here has "In Store Pickup" and "Fuel Efficient Vehicles." I park in either if I happen to be in my truck. Because I am picking up in store, even though I didn't order on the internet, and my truck doesn't have a big ole gas guzzling V8, it's a Silverado with a V6, even though my brother's one year newer Sierra with a V8 gets better gas mileage.

Of course I won't do that in my Camaro. I know some hippie will key it or bang a door into it on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSe4 View Post
How about spots that are 14 feet wide with ropes around them for "Cool guys that take care of their sweet rides".
I like this. Seriously, even if they are the very furthest spots, give us some wide spot for people who give a crap about their cars.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
What about at restaurants that have the "Reserved for Take Out" signs right up front. Technically it should still be ok to park there, because im taking my ass out of my car and going inside
Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
......wow. This thread sounds like a bunch of whiny 10 year olds.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewynn9 View Post
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #9
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
X3 what's wrong with expectant mother spots? They are there for mothers who shouldn't really be out and about but have to because their life they're living doesn't give them the luxury of staying home. It's a gentlemen thing you have to understand.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
When I was in the military, one of the sergeants in my battalion (who was, incidentally, a bona fide jerk) really liked a particular spot near the motor pool... so he painted "Reserved for SSG Jones" on the curb stopper. Since this WAS a good parking space indeed, and knowing that painting that name/ reserving that spot was as against military rules, I parked there. SSG Jones came along shortly afterwards, and parked his car so as to block my car in place. He apparently thought that painting his name on there made that spot HIS personal property.

The MPs towed his car, he was cited, and got busted for painting his name on there (damage to military property, article 15).

If he wasn't a jerk, I probably wouldn't have parked there, but, hey, jerks need to be handed a little bit of compensation for their efforts every now and then, and he handed that opportunity to me on a shining silver platter.
Looks like the true jerk is evident through this post.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
X3 what's wrong with expectant mother spots? They are there for mothers who shouldn't really be out and about but have to because their life they're living doesn't give them the luxury of staying home. It's a gentlemen thing you have to understand.

That's all I have to say.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
This is relevant to much of this forum.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
This is relevant to much of this forum.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
What irks me are the jerks who park in the fire lane thinking that their hazard lights make it legal and then give us fire and ems personnel nasty looks when we block them in.
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote