Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvilla View Post
...MAFs get dirty from time to time and they are recommended to be cleaned with every oil change, especially if using aftermarket oiled air cleaner, OMG!! I did just install a K&N oiled air filter a few months back
If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, I would suggest putting the stock filter back on, cleaning the MAF sensor again, and see if the issue persists. If so... it's something else and may cost you few bucks to find out.

OOps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post
I would start by putting the stock filter back on and seeing if that corrects the issue. If that doesn't correct the issue then go to the dealer and figure out what the problem is.
Didn't see this post - excellent advice!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #16
SCREAMING EAGLE

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS 45TH,L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
This doesn't really make sense. Your car is a 2013 and therefore under warranty. The dealer is not going to charge to find the issue. Also, do yourself a favor and get a bluetooth plug in and app on your phone to read your own codes. It only costs about ten bucks to acquire what you need.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but what exactly is needed for the bluetooth device and what to ask for?Never knew you could do this but sounds like a great idea. I am not real tech savy but what do I ask for and where can I get it?
SCREAMING EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #17
marcvilla

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
you want a bluetooth ODB-II adapter for Android a WiFi for the iPhone, why they cant both run on the same device I have no idea, I used to have one with my android phone and its the only thing i miss when I switched many years ago to the iPhone, I just haven't gotten around to buying the WiFi one yet, obviously i need to, here are some in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...odb-ii+r%2Caps
marcvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
SCREAMING EAGLE

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS 45TH,L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvilla View Post
you want a bluetooth ODB-II adapter for Android a WiFi for the iPhone, why they cant both run on the same device I have no idea, I used to have one with my android phone and its the only thing i miss when I switched many years ago to the iPhone, I just haven't gotten around to buying the WiFi one yet, obviously i need to, here are some in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...odb-ii+r%2Caps

Thanks man. You ask for help and like magic you guys come through.
SCREAMING EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
yeah **** that guy, get his name and tell management. If they are ull ****boys, head to another dealer and tell them that you want justice because you're about to rip the other dealer a new one if you dont get what you need when you still have warranty
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #20
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
yeah **** that guy, get his name and tell management. If they are ull ****boys, head to another dealer and tell them that you want justice because you're about to rip the other dealer a new one if you dont get what you need when you still have warranty

Am I the only person that thinks getting angry won't solve your problem?

Just relax, if you don't like the quote they gave you, go to another dealer. No need to go crazy over it. You can be firm as to what you want, without raining hellfire over the nice new cars.

Getting pissed and insulting the dealer will get you nowhere. If you care, get a better quote, go back to the dealer, and calmly ask them if they will match the quote.

If you were in the dealer's position, would you be more inclined to help someone that came at you threatening to drop all hell on you, or someone who approached you with the idea of cooperation?
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

Am I the only person that thinks getting angry won't solve your problem?

Just relax, if you don't like the quote they gave you, go to another dealer. No need to go crazy over it. You can be firm as to what you want, without raining hellfire over the nice new cars.

Getting pissed and insulting the dealer will get you nowhere. If you care, get a better quote, go back to the dealer, and calmly ask them if they will match the quote.

If you were in the dealer's position, would you be more inclined to help someone that came at you threatening to drop all hell on you, or someone who approached you with the idea of cooperation?
Exactly. People so often forget to "do unto others". It avoids a lot of potential problems if you do.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #22
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
have not read all posts so this may be a repeat, check the mass airflow sensor and idle air control, hope this helps, i dont use the high dollar filters myself but have heard that the oil from them can gather in the trottle body and cause build up of dirt etc,,, just a thought
Old 11-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #23
scottymac

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro
Pretty simple problem on the surface. I have seen this exact problem in a different GM vehicle before. If that K&N filter has too much oil then the oil will get sucked in to the intake and foul the MAF. Put the OEM filter back in, clean the MAF, and evaluate the car's performance. If this issue DOES NOT return then the K&N is likely over-oiled. Clean it thoroughly and re-oil it lightly if you insist on using it. Yes, they can come out of the box new and be over-oiled. It may be worth shooting a little carb cleaner down the throat of the throttle body while you're at it

As for the dealer...well if the K&N is your root cause then they could probably get away with refusing to cover this under warranty. Do as I've outlined above. If it does not take care of the problem then take the car back to the dealer with your OEM filter in place and insist they warranty the diagnosis/repair.

P.S. if my remote diagnosois is correct then I will only charge you half of what the dealer was going to charge you!
scottymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #24
marcvilla

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Quick update!! So I took her back to where I bought her, so the bumper to bumper warranty does not cover it since its past the 36k miles and its not part drive train, however, apparently i transferred the extended warranty from my previous Camaro to this new one, something i had completely forgotten about, not sure how that makes me look, hey man I work full time, go to school full time and getting married, not really doing much planning myself just going along for the ride really the fiance and her friends are pretty much running the show on that, so i forget shit!! hahahaha
Any who, they also think its the mass air flow sensor, which in my opinion does not explain why the engines struggles to turn on after pumping gas but they are the experts right? I left my car with them Saturday, they didnt had the part available so they give me a loaner, an equinox the fiance loves it i miss mi car!! so it was supposed to be ready by Monday. I got the call Tuesday, they changed the MAF and did a test run, engine light on again!! so they are still trying to figure out whats wrong with her, I think Im gonna be driving an equinox for the long weekend. : (
marcvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Thanks for the update, Marcvilla. We hope you will be reunited with your Camaro soon, and we would be happy to provide any additional assistance if necessary. We would be happy to reach out to the dealership! Have a good Thanksgiving!

Patsy G (Assisting Will)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #26
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
funniest thing I heard all day "autozone does that for free" HAH!
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #27
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Thanks for the update, Marcvilla. We hope you will be reunited with your Camaro soon, and we would be happy to provide any additional assistance if necessary. We would be happy to reach out to the dealership! Have a good Thanksgiving!

Patsy G (Assisting Will)
Chevrolet Customer Care

That's class!!! Awesome support and CS. .
Kudos to you Chevrolet. . .

2015 2SS/RS L99 Catch-can, SW cat-back, CAI, ]Range
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #28
B73

Drives: 2013 2ss rs 1le in Victory Red
+1 on the not using oil type air filters, was told to make sure when I go to a CAI that its a dry filter type as the fine oil that gets pulled through will cause issues with the air flow sensor
B73 is offline   Reply With Quote