Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 02-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #253
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
ArmA is more heavily based around CPU power, personally i'd save up a bit more and go with an i7. Of course a beefy GPU will help, but you'd benefit from the hyperthreading (and overclocking if you go with a "K" variant).
I've been keeping my eye's peeled for a "K" version for this reason. I may have to wait to purchase, a lot going on.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #254
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Gaming does not show a marked improvement with hyperthreading. i5's are just fine for gaming rigs. I personally do other heavy lifting on my rig and so I have an i7.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #255
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
No pics because its a basic pc you can google
Update to my PCs:
Bought an Alienware Alpha (Actually a steam machine but I installed Win 10).
i3-4170t
12GB - 1600Mhz RAM(added)
240GB SSD(added)

fits my needs as a portable "power pc" which replaces my alienware laptop m11x r2
Old 05-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #256
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Any recommendations for internal cabling. I'm starting to nitpick my build a little, and I want to get some cables that are a little less rigid to clean up my cable management. It's primarily the the two 8-pin PCI-E cables that are going to my video card. I can bend them, but because they're so rigid they start to straighten out, and I don't want them to end up putting tension on the card at the plug.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #257
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Any recommendations for internal cabling. I'm starting to nitpick my build a little, and I want to get some cables that are a little less rigid to clean up my cable management. It's primarily the the two 8-pin PCI-E cables that are going to my video card. I can bend them, but because they're so rigid they start to straighten out, and I don't want them to end up putting tension on the card at the plug.
zip ties, or get a case with space behind the motherboard to tuck the cables behind
Old 05-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #258
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
zip ties, or get a case with space behind the motherboard to tuck the cables behind
That's not really my issue. I have space behind the motherboard to route all the cables. Specifically it's the cables inside the case leading to the graphics card. In order to clean up the way it looks, the two 8-pin cables basically need to put a 180 degree bend to go to the routing port. That's not a big deal, except that the cables that came with the power supply are braided and too rigid to keep that bend. So either they will slack, or it puts tension at the plug to the graphics card, which in turn puts additional stress on it's PCI-E slot.

That stress might be minor, but it would be no stress at all with some more flexible power cables.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 05-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #259
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
That's not really my issue. I have space behind the motherboard to route all the cables. Specifically it's the cables inside the case leading to the graphics card. In order to clean up the way it looks, the two 8-pin cables basically need to put a 180 degree bend to go to the routing port. That's not a big deal, except that the cables that came with the power supply are braided and too rigid to keep that bend. So either they will slack, or it puts tension at the plug to the graphics card, which in turn puts additional stress on it's PCI-E slot.

That stress might be minor, but it would be no stress at all with some more flexible power cables.
ah ok, I see the issue now.
Check out frozencpu.com they should have wires that you're looking for there. Should just about be able to get anything you want from that store.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #260
kalimus

awesome, I'll check it out

Old 05-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #261
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
ah ok, I see the issue now.
Check out frozencpu.com they should have wires that you're looking for there. Should just about be able to get anything you want from that store.
i'd recommend www.performance-pcs.com. frozencpu.com had some drama a while back & ended up closing up shop and the owner trashed the whole place. looks like they're back open but i wouldn't do business with them anymore.

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #262
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
i'd recommend www.performance-pcs.com. frozencpu.com had some drama a while back & ended up closing up shop and the owner trashed the whole place. looks like they're back open but i wouldn't do business with them anymore.
I did not know that about frozencpu.com, I'll have to check out the website that you posted. I haven't built a pc for awhile, so now know another website when I'm ready. Thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #263
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
perfect starter pc? i want to be able to run games on medium/high on 60fps. 400-500$ budget
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #264
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Don't laugh, my gaming rig is a Walmart bought CYBERPOWER PC. They are really easy to upgrade with better equipment.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/electr...231068_1097445
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #265
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Don't laugh, my gaming rig is a Walmart bought CYBERPOWER PC. They are really easy to upgrade with better equipment.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/electr...231068_1097445
i was actually looking at that. is it able to run games like ARMA 3, Battlefront, Civilization etc,. on medium for 60fps?
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #266
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Just finished my build.
Corsair 450D case, gigabyte gaming mobo, i7-6700k, corsair water cooler, gtx-1080, 32gb ram, 500gb ssd.