Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
newmoon


 
newmoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Boss 302 RR
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 2,785
New GT500 runs 10s!

Sounds like the new 500 will be a very nasty piece, what is Chevy going to do with the ZL1?

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-shel...r-development/
__________________
2013 Boss Mustang - Present Toy
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Not another horseshitkings, I mean horsepowerkings, click trap.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
ilirg

 
ilirg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Sounds like the new 500 will be a very nasty piece, what is Chevy going to do with the ZL1?

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-shel...r-development/
You do know your source has zero credibility right?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Not another horseshitkings, I mean horsepowerkings, click trap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
You do know your source has zero credibility right?


Did you know that the new Z06/07 ran a sub 7 minute 'Ring time!?! Yeah, that was complete BS that GM shot down quickly.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
NASTY99Z28

 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,277
That site may not anything to base facts on but you can bet the farm on the next gt500 being an abosolute powerhouse!!!! A twin turbo 5.0 or 5.2.Will destroy anything fiat or Chevy has to offer. It will be a tune,exhaust, (maybe e85) and slicks away from 9's.
__________________
I like my woman like my milk shakes, THICK!!!!
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #6
ilirg

 
ilirg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
That site may not anything to base facts on but you can bet the farm on the next gt500 being an abosolute powerhouse!!!! A twin turbo 5.0 or 5.2.Will destroy anything fiat or Chevy has to offer. It will be a tune,exhaust, (maybe e85) and slicks away from 9's.
Except there are already modded z06s in the 9s. Or maybe you meant muscle cars? Sure you did.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #7
87GNX

 
87GNX's Avatar
 
Drives: Alot
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norcalifas
Posts: 1,337
Click Bait
__________________
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,657
after reading all that, I care even 'more' less now about it. It will have what it will have, them people will mod it. Then someone will post that their car would be faster when they add their blah blah blah mod. But in the end, a Honda VTec will win because of a bigger wing.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:19 PM   #9
hotlap


 
hotlap's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Hot Wheels 2SS M6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 4,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Sounds like the new 500 will be a very nasty piece, what is Chevy going to do with the ZL1?

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-shel...r-development/
Horsepowerkings reports that Chevy has patented Flux Capacitor technology and the next ZL1 will produce 1.21 Jigawatts. It will finish the 1/4 mile yesterday! Jk
Attached Images
 
__________________
Production Number 1755

Last edited by hotlap; 03-05-2015 at 01:38 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #10
Outlaw77

 
Outlaw77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS I.O.M. Camaro 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oakville Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Horsepowerkings reports that Chevy has patented Flux Capacitor technology and the next ZL1 will produce 1.21 Jigawatts. It will finish the 1/4 mile yesterday! Jk
lol!
__________________
Current: 2018 Charger SRT 392

Had a Cammed & Blown 2010 2SS/RS
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #11
TheReaper
 
TheReaper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mobile Al
Posts: 742
I read that the car will sell for under 40K.
__________________
2014 GT BBP 6R80
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
gen6waiter
 
Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
I read that the car will sell for under 40K.
yup, I heard the same...AND the purchase of a new GT500 comes with a 350R loaner whenever the GT500 goes in for warranty work or scheduled service.
__________________
You vs You
gen6waiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #13
NASTY99Z28

 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Except there are already modded z06s in the 9s. Or maybe you meant muscle cars? Sure you did.
No I meant stock. Modded is anyone's game. A 14/15 gt500 is already crazy fast. Add a higher revving twin turbo coyote and it will he stupid fast. Look how fast the hellcats are with 600lbs extra. Sorry but nothing offered by Chevy will beat the next gt500 "if" it has that engine with over 700hp and be roughly the same weight as the last model. Now I know that's a lot of "if's" but all of them have been rumored for awhile and all are easily achievable.
__________________
I like my woman like my milk shakes, THICK!!!!
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #14
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
No I meant stock. Modded is anyone's game. A 14/15 gt500 is already crazy fast. Add a higher revving twin turbo coyote and it will he stupid fast. Look how fast the hellcats are with 600lbs extra. Sorry but nothing offered by Chevy will beat the next gt500 "if" it has that engine with over 700hp and be roughly the same weight as the last model. Now I know that's a lot of "if's" but all of them have been rumored for awhile and all are easily achievable.

Uh , twin turbos? I don't like the sound on a muscle car but that's just me!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.