Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #15
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
I owned a Mustang GT for over 20 years.

They're good cars and most of the drivers are good people.

Don't judge all by one clapped out beat up car with trashy driver.
oh theirs a few mustangs i like. i personally would never own one or want to drive one again. i have test drove some old ones a early 2000s mid 2000s and a few new ones. i really did not like any of them. the only one i felt i would like to own is a fox body.
not just any fox body i want the 4 eyes turbo 4 banger.

mustangs always felt cheap to me. maybe im spoiled having owned so many independent rear suspension cars. or maybe i just never liked the look of them feel or anything about them.

i have also owned 3 fords and all of them terrible one of witch caused me to hit bankruptcy because of it problems, so as a brand ford is about as good as a yugo to me, and just as reliable. i understand people love fords i'm not one of those people based on terrible quality and experiences.
that is probably never going to change
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #16
derklug1

Drives: 2016 GT350
It's not the car, it's the driver. The scourge around here are the kids with 3 series BMWs that think they are the greatest ever.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:20 AM   #17
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
It's not the car, it's the driver. The scourge around here are the kids with 3 series BMWs that think they are the greatest ever.
that is true its the driver vs the car. sadly it seams the undesirables have flocked to the mustang.

personaly I, family and friends have had terrible experience with ford from a build quality perspective. so sadly fords on my do not buy list so I don't have much to say positively.
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #18
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
I can honestly say. When I owned the 2011 L99. I always obeyed all traffic laws ans was very courteous to other drivers. Since I traded to the Mustang. I run Camaro owners off the road. You should see their faces.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I can honestly say. When I owned the 2011 L99. I always obeyed all traffic laws ans was very courteous to other drivers. Since I traded to the Mustang. I run Camaro owners off the road. You should see their faces.
really?around here we are shocked when a mustang owner obeys traffic rules,we expect to have to get out of their way,stay off the sidewalks,etc...LOL
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
There is no safe place. If I could run the OP down in this thread. I would have already.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #21
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This must really be your first sports car. Most of us are desensitized to the foolishness from the years and years of being challenged by morons and most of us have been the fools creating the foolishness (but will never admit to it). You just have to smile and ignore them and drive on.

However. When opportunity meets motivation...
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #22
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I'd run mustangs off the road, but I'm having a hard time driving slow enough to be door to door with one........
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #23
evolven

Drives: 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
This must really be your first sports car. Most of us are desensitized to the foolishness from the years and years of being challenged by morons and most of us have been the fools creating the foolishness (but will never admit to it). You just have to smile and ignore them and drive on.

Well said. I had a 00 mustang GT do 4 fly-bys until he realized that he wasn't next to another GT.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Over 700 on e85
evolven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #24
evolven

Drives: 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I'd run mustangs off the road, but I'm having a hard time driving slow enough to be door to door with one........
Don't run eco-boosts? Not sure what to say here.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Over 700 on e85
evolven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #25
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It was tongue in cheek to my buddy GSJ!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I find the thought process with every car is this...if a car is beneath you and wants to race, then they are A-holes. If a car is above you and doesn't wanna race, then "they probably don't wanna lose to a less expensive car and feel bad about their purchase"...or they "are just posers who don't know how to race". No offense to OP or anyone else on here. But me personally, I love racing and I welcome all opportunities to do so regardless of what it is. But look at it like this, if that was a guy in a nice C7 Vette egging you on, nobody would be upset about it. On the contrast, if you were egging on a nice C7 Vette, he'd be over on the C7 forums talking about how some guy in a Camaro was revving his engine at him and yada yada. V6, V8, Mustang, Camaro, Vette, Viper, these cars all attract attention and a specific response. You have to expect that from people. So you know what? Enjoy the attention and have fun with the car. Or just give the guy a thumbs up and go your way. I wouldn't be upset about it at all.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post

LOL, I agree that we all at some point had a slower car and saw a faster car and wanted to feel cool or do something to get attention etc. I have been that guy. Back in 98 when I had an 87 Z28 I really enjoyed seeing newer Mustangs, Camaros, Trans Ams, etc and I would do stuff like that. Nothing over the top tho. Now I see people get excited when they see my car and I enjoy giving them something to go back and talk about. The kid the OP is talking about was probably just excited and wanted to have some fun or wanted to indulge himself in the Camaro/Mustang rivalry. I think it was harmless.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #28
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
s550 is a great car..light years ahead of the pos s197, but it aint no camaro. low end torque is non existent..makes dd hard.
hood flutter and torque are my only complaints really..
very fast car and handles very nice..mine has the pp though..all euro cars have that even the automatics.
still trading for a gen6 camaro next spring..need to save up 12k first
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote