Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
When I supercharge mine one day, it'll still look like a "regular" SS.
Yes.....I like the stock look while being far from it.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Some of those rice burners may look stock but will wipe the floor with you if you're not careful. Found that out last year when a fully built hatchback did a 12 flat with drag radials. If he is on streets, you don't have to worry much but if he is cocky and has drag rads, it may be a different story.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #17
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Speedster are you going from a dig or roll? One thing ive found out over the last few years is that you never know what the car beside you can do....seems average looking cars have built drivetrains these days. So im not buying the honda insults lol. If it is built..gutted and is purely for racing then it should be good....but it could also be an over excited owner giving his car more credit then he should. Do a run from a slow roll and a dig...not the bullshit 40 mph rolls you see guys do. I think you win either way.....i see drag radials in your future. Also regarding stock looking....i like the fact that my full bolton... geared...stalled car looks bone stock. Only the trained eyes notice the drag radials and start asking question.....i like that look and thik your car looks good as it is.
I've never seen the kid do a race from a dig, he's all about the roll life haha. And I agree, I definitely want some new tires and wheels, that is the next set of mods I'm going with, I've put it off far too long. Due to my cam I've lost a lot of low end torque though so I don't start pulling until ~3500 roughly. 20mph in 2nd gear should do fine I'm sure, my first gear seems about useless if I'm not at a dig 3.91's will hopefully be soon after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Some of those rice burners may look stock but will wipe the floor with you if you're not careful. Found that out last year when a fully built hatchback did a 12 flat with drag radials. If he is on streets, you don't have to worry much but if he is cocky and has drag rads, it may be a different story.
You ain't kidding haha. But no, I went to school with this guy and he's like 20-21 and has no budget. This was the cheapest thing he could mod out on haha. I take what he says at face value, from his video's he plasters all over FB of him rolling against 330HP cars, he never wins by much. If I can find a long enough road, even if he gets the jump I'll reel him in quick I have no idea when any of this is going to take place though. I've said I'm down whenever so I guess whenever he is ready
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #18
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
A B20 isn't gonna have enough beans with only 11.5 compression to even think about hanging with you. You should beat him quite handily. Now if it were an H22 or H23 or a K20/24 hybrid, then you may have some problems. If he somehow slips some nitrous in there, well........you run what you brung. Post up the outcome, good or bad!

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #19
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
A B20 isn't gonna have enough beans with only 11.5 compression to even think about hanging with you. You should beat him quite handily. Now if it were an H22 or H23 or a K20/24 hybrid, then you may have some problems. If he somehow slips some nitrous in there, well........you run what you brung. Post up the outcome, good or bad!
Thanks for the input, I definitely will!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 09-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #20
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I've never seen the kid do a race from a dig, he's all about the roll life haha. And I agree, I definitely want some new tires and wheels, that is the next set of mods I'm going with, I've put it off far too long. Due to my cam I've lost a lot of low end torque though so I don't start pulling until ~3500 roughly. 20mph in 2nd gear should do fine I'm sure, my first gear seems about useless if I'm not at a dig 3.91's will hopefully be soon after.

You ain't kidding haha. But no, I went to school with this guy and he's like 20-21 and has no budget. This was the cheapest thing he could mod out on haha. I take what he says at face value, from his video's he plasters all over FB of him rolling against 330HP cars, he never wins by much. If I can find a long enough road, even if he gets the jump I'll reel him in quick I have no idea when any of this is going to take place though. I've said I'm down whenever so I guess whenever he is ready
When will he step up, when it's snowing?
Old 09-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
When will he step up, when it's snowing?
I wouldn't be surprised they actually invited me out a few nights ago but I was working, so that shows a little promise that he isn't afraid
Old 09-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Video!!!!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:20 PM   #23
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Video!!!!!!
If it's not a spontaneous thing and I can prepare, I'll definitely put my GoPro up haha
Old 09-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #24
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
The first time I've heard a rice burner wanna roll vs. dig against our 4000 lb cars. But I would still put my money on you in a quarter mile race by three car lengths at least. I would stay away from 1/8 mile race in my opinion the best car doesn't always win in 1/8 mile race.
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #25
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
So did this ever transpire ?
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #26
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
waiting for the video

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #27
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Theres a guy in my town with a civic hatch 2004 type R engine swapped with a honda CRV engine on garret twin turbos cams and high comparison fully built on 44 psi last dyno on 37 psi he made 730whp the thing is no joke he has 45k in it alone hes a engineer and does almost all his work himself. he has a 600hp 90mm s2000 too
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #28
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Yeah ive seen some that move. All motor too. With money and proper research and the right combimation, anything is possible.

Im the type that just likes having the fastest car in my driveway I dont have the type of money some have for their exotic builds. I just realized the other day that im at about $10K in upgrades on mine over the course of the 9 years since i bought it new. I love it like the first day, but even that was a spend......$45K.....yikes!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote