Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #155
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have to agree. Loved the gen6 car from the moment I laid eye on it. It makes the gen5 look dated. Sorry guys, just my opion. I still have love for the gen5 cars. How couldnt you? I just like everything about the gen6 better especially looks. I would still own a gen5 1LE or ZL1 if the right one ever came around for a good price. I should have kept my gen5 ZL1.
Hey saw this on Wed night at my cruise night thought you would like it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1529670335
Attached Images

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #156
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Looks .......no. Performance and tech...of course that's the way it should be. That is a blanket comment that covers all new model intros. My 2018 Crv Touring is alot better then my same model 16....like I said it should be. The 7th gen hopefully takes the tech available and does a better job in the design. It needs a complete remodel design that sets it apart ....the 7th gen doesn't.....like it or not.
I would bet you that the performance and tech from 6th to 7th won't be a large as it was 5th to 6th , as far as looks go its all in the person , some like a old rehashed look some like a new look and i'm fine with that ,don't have much of a meaning being based on opinion.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM   #157
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I would bet you that the performance and tech from 6th to 7th won't be a large as it was 5th to 6th , as far as looks go its all in the person , some like a old rehashed look some like a new look and i'm fine with that ,don't have much of a meaning being based on opinion.
Ya....I don't mind going a different direction regarding looks. ...I'm just wondering how much longer the v8 Camaro will be around. There's alot of power coming out of small displacement motors. And hopefully they only jammed packed with bells and whistles if you want it. There is so much stuff in my Nissan Titan and Crv its getting a little ridiculous.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #158
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I think the V-8 is on its way out. You’ll see a turbo 6 as the top motor if the Camaro stays at all. And it’ll have more garbage to go wrong like start/stop and AFM.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #159
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I think the V-8 is on its way out. You’ll see a turbo 6 as the top motor if the Camaro stays at all. And it’ll have more garbage to go wrong like start/stop and AFM.
Hey.....the classic look of the 5th gen never had it compared to an suv lol....this might be old news but I find it interesting......

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-2019-ch...e-a-camaro-suv
Old 06-22-2018, 08:21 AM   #160
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Well let's see:
If I didn't have a 5th gen then it would definitely be a 6th gen. because Chevrolet has done great things with the platform, and has transformed the Aussie chassis into a competent performer.

Additionally, if I didn't have a 4th gen 'SS then I'd get a 6th gen 'SS.

However, if I had everything to do over, I doubt that my choices would really be different.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #161
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Hey.....the classic look of the 5th gen never had it compared to an suv lol....this might be old news but I find it interesting......

I love the new Blazer and yes there is a lot of Gen 6 Camaro there ,inside and out . I will be trading in my 16 Traverse for one , park it next to my 2001 Blazer .
Old 06-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #162
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Ya....I don't mind going a different direction regarding looks. ...I'm just wondering how much longer the v8 Camaro will be around. There's alot of power coming out of small displacement motors. And hopefully they only jammed packed with bells and whistles if you want it. There is so much stuff in my Nissan Titan and Crv its getting a little ridiculous.
The V8s are on the way out but will be replaced by V6 and I4 motors with turbos and other bits with more power , that people will hate because its not a V8. I think the Gen 6th is borderline ridiculous with tech , i don't mind the performance tech but the radio and changing of displays i could do without .
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #163
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Ya Chevy is making all their cars look the same
Old 06-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #164
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
When the gen 6 first came out and won some award, my mother called me and said I just have to trade my gen 5 in and get this new one. I said sure, lets go have a look at one in person and see what you think about them. I took both my mother and father to a dealership and they were surprised on how ugly they really were in person compared to the gen 5 and to other brand cars in the same price range of an SS. She literally asked the salesman if what in fact they were showing her was the new Camaro. Sure they looked decent in the pictures but we all could not get over how they just blended in with all the camary's and hondas on the road. We also could get over how much smaller it was inside. Too tight. But the sales guy was saying "but it performs so much better then your gen 5" and my father responded "well if your asking that much money they better look good. Who wants to drive a bland, ugly and expensive camaro!" Needless to say I laughed. I just don't get the gen 6 looks and interior. For that money there are much better options.

My 2 kids are muscle car/camaro fans. Every time I point out a 6 gen they don't believe me that its a camaro. I showed them one that was parked and they both said it looks boring and like everything else on the road.

Take it for what its worth. To me the gen 5 has more of a universal appeal for several reasons and still does. The gen6 has taken the camaro right off the radar and has reduced its market presence to a very small niche market.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:17 AM   #165
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
The prowler was a cool car and took balls to put on the market but where is it now , and how about the 2003 ford Thunderbird , which is the first retro comeback car to hit the market but they are laughed at nowadays . The chevy SSR once they got a LS2 in it was a blast and has become a collectable and the one car that should have gone retro and a true muscle car the GTO wanted to look like a BMW instead. I thank heavens that the new chevy Blazer has no retro looks at all and will be replacing my traverse when its released .I'm also looking forward to a 7th Gen but going into it with a open mind and the good feeling of knowing retro in Camaros is dead and gone .
The Prowler's failure was due to the V6 under the hood. It isn't my opinion, but a widely accepted judgement. The 2003 Thunderbird was not the first retro comeback car to hit the market; it was the Prowler, followed by the New Beetle, which really kicked it off. The first American vehicle to do it en masse was the PT Cruiser.
I've refrained from commenting, but the tone of your posts has become more bashing of the 5th generation & defensive about the 6th generation. I assure you that the 5th generation Camaro will become well regarded & coveted as time moves on, similar to what is occurring with the 3rd generation now; while the 6th generation will receive treatment similar to the 4th generation. You're the only person here who believes otherwise & the only person, on any muscle car forum that I've been on, to speak so disparagingly of the 5th generation, so that should tell you something.
I look forward to the 7th generation & hope to either purchase one or a 2019+ SS, but not at the expense of trading my 5th generation. It was an instant classic the day the first one rolled off of the assembly line, regardless of what monetary value it may or may not have in the future.

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 06-22-2018 at 10:49 AM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #166
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Hey saw this on Wed night at my cruise night thought you would like it.
It's a different one than the last one you posted. This one is a true Z28/RS model.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #167
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It's a different one than the last one you posted. This one is a true Z28/RS model.
Ya the green one I'm sure I will see again at my car clubs cruise night. This one was the next night at another cruise about 30 min from my house. Both are outstanding. Has me thinking sometimes selling my car and buying one of these beauties. I like to run my car hard sometimes and wouldn't feel right doing that in this car lol.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #168
05Goat

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwalderjr View Post
THIS!!!
What color are the wheels on your cars?
05Goat is offline   Reply With Quote