Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2023, 09:11 PM   #29
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Baby pics revisited. October 2009. Nearly 14 years ago. Wow. But nothing beats drop off day! Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX.

And had to return to Oshawa again for the ZL1 appearance. Who's that clown on the stage??? Got to sneak up on the sidewalk close to the entrance of the building for a photo op. Thanks Mr. Security dude!

At a Tennessee rest stop. Always had a crowd. We just stood back and let them take pictures. Then I took pictures of them taking pictures. In the early days, before the cars were everywhere, the car was the star nearly everywhere it went.

And 12K+ miles later, it STILL gets looks. I think the 5th gen look is going to stay popular for a good while.
That's awesome!! The best was always rolling past kids and hearing them all scream "Bumblebee". LOL I was actually driving through a section to meet up with someone to head to a car show a few months ago and there were a group of kids playing in the street and one of them yelled Bumblebee.

I saw you mentioned the debut of the ZL1, and all the pictures I took were from that same BBOMG. Here's a picture that was taken from a helicopter flyover (since the only "drones" back then were model RC planes). Based on the photo you posted, I think you at the bottom of the 3rd row from the left...I was in the 3rd row from the right.

Name:  oshawashowfield_1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  231.6 KB

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 09:18 PM   #30
Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
These are great photoes, Bee. Many thanks for ULing them!
Question - do they do the stamping of the body panels there as well or is that done elsewhere?
You are quite welcome!!

Yes, I do think they also stamped the body panels there as well. There used to be a show on Discovery or the History Channel...it may have been called "How it's made"? Anyway, they had an entire episode on how the 5th Gen Camaro was produced, and they had full access to the process starting with giant sheets of aluminum.

Edit: I should I searched first...it was called Ultimate Factories and here's the full episode:

Old 08-12-2023, 09:26 PM   #31
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
You are quite welcome!!

Yes, I do think they also stamped the body panels there as well. There used to be a show on Discovery or the History Channel...it may have been called "How it's made"? Anyway, they had an entire episode on how the 5th Gen Camaro was produced, and they had full access to the process starting with giant sheets of aluminum.

Edit: I should I searched first...it was called Ultimate Factories and here's the full episode:

That's just too cool. I love stuff like this. Thank you!
Old 08-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #32
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Bee, thanks for these amazing pictures and that you tube video. That had to have been such an amazing experience touring the plant. I’m jealous.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 09:16 AM   #33
Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Bee, thanks for these amazing pictures and that you tube video. That had to have been such an amazing experience touring the plant. I’m jealous.
No problem!! It was fun looking through those pictures again and I'm happy to share them. I feel very lucky to have experienced that...it was so cool for GM/Oshawa to open the doors and let us walk through the plant while they were working. And of course, I never would have known about it in the first place if it wasn't for Camaro5.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:04 PM   #34
Danial

Is it still a practice to stick a build sheet behind the seat or between the gas tank and the body?
Old 08-13-2023, 08:06 PM   #35
NiteProwlerSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I can’t believe it’s been over 17 years since the concept debuted.
Old 08-13-2023, 08:29 PM   #36
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
In August of 2009, a 22 year marriage ended abruptly. A Camaro was not on even my radar. Fast, and I mean fast, forward a mere 27 months later, I married a Camaro girl. She didn't have one yet but I helped 'facilitate' that! (2012) We got the 45th LT. Freakin' beautiful car.

I'm 9 years older than her - and still married! But I just couldn't not have the SS. Enough of the story..,Good trip down the lane!
Old 08-14-2023, 10:23 AM   #37
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I took deliver of my early '10 SS 14 years ago on 8/21/09. I was a one man car show
every time I took it out. I was also at the factory open house in 2011 but won't post
my photos as there's dozens here all ready. Another great memory was the Camaro5
meet and the caravan to Valdosta Ga. with dozens of early 5th generation Camaros.
I was also the first owner of a Gen5 Camaro to show photos on this site. I still own
mine and still enjoy taking it out for a spin. Great past and current memories.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:12 PM   #38
Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I took deliver of my early '10 SS 14 years ago on 8/21/09. I was a one man car show
every time I took it out. I was also at the factory open house in 2011 but won't post
my photos as there's dozens here all ready. Another great memory was the Camaro5
meet and the caravan to Valdosta Ga. with dozens of early 5th generation Camaros.
I was also the first owner of a Gen5 Camaro to show photos on this site. I still own
mine and still enjoy taking it out for a spin. Great past and current memories.
The first Camaro5 Fest was definitely a great time...seeing THAT many Camaros together for the first time was really cool considering up until that point, spotting another 5th gen on the road was rare. Does anyone else still wave to other 5th gens?

We were actually in the same caravan together. I don't have many pictures, but here are a few I found with your car. I think one of the best parts of that trip was the drive from Savannah to Valdosta...each time we would pass a Chevy dealer, everyone would beep and wave. And then whenever we drove past a Ford dealer, we would all rev our engines to show them what's up.

Name:  DSCN0085.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  186.7 KB

Name:  DSCN0101.jpg
Size:  115.4 KB

Name:  DSCN0110.jpg
Size:  144.2 KB

Old 08-14-2023, 10:19 PM   #39
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
The first Camaro5 Fest was definitely a great time...seeing THAT many Camaros together for the first time was really cool considering up until that point, spotting another 5th gen on the road was rare. Does anyone else still wave to other 5th gens?

We were actually in the same caravan together. I don't have many pictures, but here are a few I found with your car. I think one of the best parts of that trip was the drive from Savannah to Valdosta...each time we would pass a Chevy dealer, everyone would beep and wave. And then whenever we drove past a Ford dealer, we would all rev our engines to show them what's up.

Attachment 1133990

Attachment 1133991

Attachment 1133992
You guys rock! This is Camaro history right here, right now. Love it!
Old 08-15-2023, 06:51 AM   #40
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
This prototype was at the 50th celebration at the lansing plant where they make the 6th gen. I believe it was in the first transformers movie.
Attached Images

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 10:17 PM   #41
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
This prototype was at the 50th celebration at the lansing plant where they make the 6th gen. I believe it was in the first transformers movie.
That Overhead parking lot shot at the Homecoming is one of my favorites
as I can see my Summit White SS. It's in the 3rd row almost dead center
close to the huge yellow bow tie. (See the photo above ^)
Valdosta Ga is most remembered by me of the fantastic cruise through area
with the blessing of the Valdosta PD. All the officers were manning the
intersections with the traffic stopped for us. No speed limit either. At one
open stretch I exceed 100 MPH. First & last time lol.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:47 PM   #42
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I love that hood scoop. Was it ever a production thing or just on the prototype? I don't think I've seen one like it before.