Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-23-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Service Stabilitrack ON

I filled up yesterday and put some Sta-bil in before I put her away for the winter. Barely down the road after adding it and the light come on and she is running really rough. I pull over and check the gas cap and it is on tight. Limp her home and let sit for a bit and same thing. The fill up was premium from Costco and it was the red Sta-bil storage. Everything was fine until I added 4oz of Sta-bil. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Unrelated to Sta-bil addition. Not sure that much of anything added at 4oz per a full tank would cause an issue. I doubt 4oz of water would cause it.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 10:51 AM   #3
Mr V

Yeah, my thought too, I add it every year before I put it away. Just odd it happened right after I added it. Thought I forgot to put gas cap back on but that was not it.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:33 PM   #4
Mr V

Finally got her out of storage and fired her up and same running rough stuff. Got a scanner off of amazon and it showed a cylinder 5 misfire. Discovered the plug wire had totally fallen off the pack! So was just a coincidence on the stabil. Just thought I would post in case anyone else gets a similar issue.