Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #113
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbyGil View Post
Damn, Florida
Yeah, they shot a guy last month for daring to answer his door at 1 am with a gun in his hand.

No, I'm not joking. Morons didn't announce themselves and went banging like hell on the wrong door at that time of night and this guy had the audacity to think he might want to arm himself in his own home in case it was someone with ill intent.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #114
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
Wow, I'm genuinely surprised. Awesome.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #115
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Sometimes when the police ask too many rapid-fire questions it becomes obvious they don't really want responses so I just quit trying. I know, irrelevant to the topic at hand, yet slightly applies to their mentality which is "I will control this situation no matter what" Truth is you have no control over a damn thing, the world is chaotic.

I like it when they say "I'm only gonna ask you this one time" Which translated means they will keep asking until you give them the answer they want to hear, then they get mad about it when you won't tell on yourself.

So police scream "get back in the car" and expect instant results, yet you get all pissed off once again when driver decides to follow orders, get back in car and take off or attempt to run over your ass.

Personally I'd rather keep the irrational drunk out of the car, but I don't have all that fancy police trainin'. The woman in the video kind of gave me the impression she might be a runner though.

Anyone who has experience with drunks knows they are all blah blah blah, no listen anyhow, and they laugh at pain.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #116
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
Exactly.

These things are often not reported by the one-sided media.

I mean, look at the tape. Clearly, the officer is trying to tell her to put her hands on the car and she is resisting. Even after multiple "minor" shoves to get her to comply, she is still refusing to follow orders. So I'm supposed to feel bad about her getting knocked in the head for being a dumbass who wouldn't follow directions from a police officer? Um...no.

Notice how they said she didn't file a complaint. My guess would be because she was under the influence at the time of this tape and didn't even know what the hell was happening. You can tell when she talks her brain is fried.

Guess I'm alone on this, but I think she got what she had coming to her as she was clearly resisting in my book.
Oh, I'm sure there are many people that agree with you. I think the cop got what he had coming.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #117
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
What a clown eye cop.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #118
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
As a police officer for 22 years i just looked at the tape. 1st she fled the scene of a crash after hitting 2 cars. 2nd she refused to comply to his orders to get back into the car. After the officer told her more than once to get back into the car she decides she needs to make a phone call. After the girl refuses to comply ,the officer walks up to her grabs her arm then she tries to pull away so he grabed her arm and he swung her around so he could place her into custody. After looking at the tape a few times I don't think he did anything wrong and his chief is a freaking idiot because he didn't back up his officer. Maybe if she wasnt drunk and she just complied there would have not been a problem. You think everyone would have a different mindset if she would have just killed a child and fled the scene. Everyone on here would be saying she got what she deserved. Unless your an officer maybe you should not make comments unless you have had to deal with drunk subjects that refuse to comply just like she did.
What a load of crap.

To justify that is just plain B.S. Bravo..... First face palm of the week.

Oh, and you're right. No one else but a cop deserves an opinion.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #119
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCraig View Post
When a cop tells you to get back in the car, just do it. Situation avoided.
Yes, because they have a gun and a badge. Otherwise, they'd just be a bully.

Sorry, I just don't believe in that crap.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #120
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth15 View Post
Does he drive a mustang?
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #121
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
As a police officer for 22 years i just looked at the tape. 1st she fled the scene of a crash after hitting 2 cars. 2nd she refused to comply to his orders to get back into the car. After the officer told her more than once to get back into the car she decides she needs to make a phone call. After the girl refuses to comply ,the officer walks up to her grabs her arm then she tries to pull away so he grabed her arm and he swung her around so he could place her into custody. After looking at the tape a few times I don't think he did anything wrong and his chief is a freaking idiot because he didn't back up his officer. Maybe if she wasnt drunk and she just complied there would have not been a problem. You think everyone would have a different mindset if she would have just killed a child and fled the scene. Everyone on here would be saying she got what she deserved. Unless your an officer maybe you should not make comments unless you have had to deal with drunk subjects that refuse to comply just like she did.
Of course you don't think he did anything wrong.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #122
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post

People on this board are generally intimidated by the police. Police will ask you questions you do not have to answer, they will also tell you to do things you do not have to do.

Unfortunately, "get back in the car" is an order you should follow, unless you want to sit in theirs.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #123
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SSFever View Post
People on this board are generally intimidated by the police. Police will ask you questions you do not have to answer, they will also tell you to do things you do not have to do.

Unfortunately, "get back in the car" is an order you should follow, unless you want to sit in theirs.
Actually, everything they tell you is an order you should follow, unless you want a ride downtown.

I get what you're saying, but just try not following even one of their orders, even when you don't legally have to, and see where it gets you.

Hell, I once had a cop give me a ticket when another person backed into me in a parking lot simply because he didn't know the law and got royally pissed when I very calmly explained to him I wasn't required to carry proof of insurance (I had it, but the state I then resided in didn't require it and the insurance companies didn't give you those nifty little cards). I had to go to the DA's office and get it thrown out.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #124
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
Police brutality is nothing new. Anyone who can understand reality and who can use their brain beyond knowing when to shit and sleep quickly realizes that this world has slowly (and now more rapidly) slipped into a fully on police state.

Our legislators have created immoral, unconstitutional, freedom-infringing laws that benefit the rich and the rich alone. This has created a society in which most people are technically criminals, as we've all broken a law or two in our lives - running a redlight makes you guilty of a crime, thus you are a criminal in the state's eyes. Red light cameras, the Patriot acts, NDAA (of which the state has JUST used on BRANDON RAUB), the enemy expatriation act, the elimination of the glass-steagall act, elimination of posse comitatus, our bill of rights..,

The country we live in does not stand for what it used to. Geoengineers are altering our atmosphere and killing large portions of wildlife while creating more medical illnesses for humans all under the guise of 'preventing global warming' by doing the exact opposite, heating the planet. Legislators lie to get in office and then it's cronyism time until election time rolls around.

Cops/law enforcement/anyone with authority act like this on a regular basis in most major cities. Only those with video cameras or those smart enough to request a copy of the dashcam usually end up on the clean end of the stick in the end. Google Jordan Miles Pittsburgh...another prime example of police brutality. Occupy - another great example. Kent State - another prime example. The list goes on.

Personally I'm a 'pick your battles' kinda guy, and I am really, really hoping this country doesn't spiral into an armed revolution because I already know what side I'll be on if it does.

PS - nothing justifies the treatment of this woman unless she was guilty of a major felony involving another party, ie murder, rape, assault, etc. she doesn't look like a murderer to me. and even then, she wouldn't deserve that treatment under our OLD laws. under the NEW laws, police do what the f*ck they want with their big d*ck badge and get away with it. Time will come when the people will have to make a decision and either continue submitting, eating the poisoned food and paying tribute to the bankers or fight back. Unfortunately there are no more non-violent ways left to use to fight back.
I don't even know where to start with this statement...

Police brutality is nothing new. Agreed. BUT, I would be more than willing to put big money on it being very isolated. I've dealt with many cops, and most of them are very professional. My dislike involves their "exemptions" from the law in a duty capacity. For example, they can talk on cell phones while driving because it's in their job (police cars can't get bluetooth I guess). A lot of them speed everywhere they go. 10mph over seems pretty common to be honest. Making illegal U-turns without lights. They are little things that bother me.

Yeah, there are laws that infringe upon your freedoms. But I would hardly put running a red light into a batch of things that are doing that without purpose (just for example). Running a redlight makes you endanger someone else. Those types of laws are there for our safety, and laws involving public saftety should definitely be here. Unfortunately, some laws that help public saftey stretch too far into violating our privacy and freedoms. Most of them are an inconvenience though, and nothing else.

As for law enforcement acting like this and so on... yeah it's a bigger deal in bigger cities. But for REAL? Occupy? That group of nitwits has done nothing productive with their protests, and have intruded on normal working people far too many times. They have blocked normal people from going to work (wall street, port of calls, etc). They have no plan, just that they basically want crap for free, and want to smoke pot. I use those because I watched a bunch of them interviewed in California. The biggest complaints was college debt that they wanted forgiven, and then of course they attracted the pro-pot people (another topic entirely). That's why they attracted the kinds of people they did. The movement was strong, but it had not direction, no real organization, and no real solutions to fix things. And when they gather for long periods of time, they leave the place a mess. Not throwing their stuff away where it belongs and etc. I don't want to get into politics about any of their activities , but they are not getting anything done. Now, those groups have been broken up in ways I don't agree with, but some of those groups have also thrown things at the officers trying to disburse them, protested on private property, and disrupted daily activities for normal people.

The rest of your post... well it's opinion. And you're entitled to it. I'm not saying you're wrong or right about any of it. I disagree with... a lot of it. But not all. I think certain things are too situational. Take this girl with the Camaro. I think the cop could have had better control of her. I do NOT think that he intentionally faceplanted her into the car. She very obviously tripped when he tried to flip her around. So I really don't think anything he did was too much as an intention. But we all know and have seen other stories where it WAS too much. I saw a guy get "tazed bro" at a traffic stop after the cop asked him to get out. The cop lost his temper. And his job. But seriously, even if it was 10 different cops, every day, for the entire year (still too many), that's only a small fraction of cops in the US. I think there is a much bigger problem with bribes and not leading by example. I just can't prove the first one.

Also. IBTL. It's only a matter of time until someone tried to jump in this discussion and is unable to remain civil.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #125
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post

No respect for authority....well....on the Internet.

There's a reason we have the police. To "police" and take care of idiots like the woman in this tape.

It's not about bullying. It's about keeping order. I guess your solution is to just let everyone do their thing and drive drunk...until they kill you or one of your family. Then suddenly your thought process changes.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #126
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SSFever View Post

Nice blanket observation and grouping of thousands of people.

Closed Thread