Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #29
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
They are out-sourcing................to Canada.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
You hit the nail on the head sir. Well put.

The vehicle I spec'd out is coming in at $38K
That's a lot of money to not know what you're getting.

The ABL is actually enough to sway me from getting the 2SS. The reason I want to go with the 2SS is for the ABL and leather. Just leather isn't enough for me to spend that much money.

Not knowing has me not pre-ordering. If I knew one way or the other...there's a great chance I would've by now. (Whether it be 1SS or 2SS)

For me, that's really the only outstanding issue holding me up.

Scott and the GM gang have been very upfront with us throughout this long ordeal. I'm not losing faith in GM...I am sure they will put out the best Camaro for us...that they can. What I am just concerned about it what package I should get.
+1 and frankly its the Secrecy that is really ticking me off. I get enough of this from my government. I don't think at this late date corporate spying should be a concern for this model.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #31
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
They'll figure something out. They'll either get it working or come up with an alternative option like money off the price or delay 2SS and 2LT until it is ready or make the cars now and resolve the issue later.

They will make it right one way or another.

Why is everyone so paranoid about getting screwed over? GEEZ! Makes me wonder sometimes if this quote from an earlier post holds any water...

"...We're all big boys and girls here..."

Yes, let's all be big boys and girls and be patient until we hear something from GM about it.

MOVE AWAY FROM THE PANIC BUTTON...!

Cheers!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Right now I'd guess that ABL is not going to happen the way it was originally conceived and they're trying to think of a way to put a positive spin on it.

Also, there's no way they'll take money off of MSRP for it not being the full version; I wish that would happen but they'll use the ABL on the doors to say "we gave you ABL". Too much money that GM won't want to give back.

Quote:
Why is everyone so paranoid about getting screwed over?
All it would take is one GM rep to be upfront about ABL. Just one. This has been going on for months now. Instead, we just get comments like "The eagle has dropped the soap". I want an upfront answer, good or bad.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #33
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
These orders are going to be pulled to production rather soon. I'd like to know before then what I'm getting. We haven't seen pictures, we've barely seen video (of an old pre-pro car from Abu Dabi of all places). The difference between the past and now is that it's getting to be decision time for many people. They could garner a lot more trust if they just told us what is going on. I mean they could easily say something like "A problem was found with high temperatures. We're looking at different LED sources to resolve it. We will likely have this resolved before production. If not, we'll delay 2LT/2SS orders until it is resolved which should not take long." (of course replace with actual problem, actual resolution, etc)

We're all big boys and girls here, they don't have to protect us from this kind of information.

And where in the hell do you see GM bashing in this thread? If you do I hope you wear ear plugs at all times so people don't hurt your feelings.
How many other times in the production of a new vehicle have you had the amount of insider knowledge of almost the entire development process? I would imagine not too many. I think a lot of people here are spoiled with the amount of information we have already.

Would I like to know what's going on with ABL? Sure. Does GM have to tell us what's going on? No.

I think by preordering, you assumed a risk that the car was not done yet. If something like a light is going to sway your decision, maybe you shouldn't have preordered. If you want to know what you're getting, wait until the car is on the lot.

Referring to the GM bashing, maybe you've missed the thread already complaining of the negative posts here lately. And no, my feelings won't get hurt.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."

Last edited by Croathlete; 02-03-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #34
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
How many other times in the production of a new vehicle have you had the amount of insider knowledge of almost the entire development process? I would imagine not too many. I think a lot of people here are spoiled with the amount of information we have already.

Would I like to know what's going on with ABL? Sure. Does GM have to tell us what's going on? No.

I think be preordering, you assumed a risk that the car was not done yet. If something like a light is going to sway your decision, maybe you shouldn't have preordered. If you want to know what you're getting, wait until the car is on the lot.

Referring to the GM bashing, maybe you've missed the thread already complaining of the negative posts here lately. And no, my feelings won't get hurt.

RIGHT ON!! Great post!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #35
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I think be preordering, you assumed a risk that the car was not done yet. If something like a light is going to sway your decision, maybe you shouldn't have preordered. If you want to know what you're getting, wait until the car is on the lot.

How many other times have we had orders in on cars without knowing what we're getting? Pre-ordering is one thing but very soon these things will be dropping to production (potentially as early as next week being that the consensus is this Friday). They have a responsibility to have this information 100% clear by the time any customer orders are locked in.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
"...We're all big boys and girls here..."

Yes, let's all be big boys and girls and be patient until we hear something from GM about it.

MOVE AWAY FROM THE PANIC BUTTON...!

Cheers!

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #37
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
ABL - It's like beating a dead horse with some of you.

Geeeez

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP

Last edited by Rallyman6; 02-03-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
ABL - It's like beating a dead horse with some of you.
Beating a dead horse would imply the issue has been resolved and it hasn't. GM reps have avoided this topic for as long as they can.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #39
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
They have a responsibility to have this information 100% clear by the time any customer orders are locked in.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

I think by preordering, you assumed a risk that the car was not done yet. If something like a light is going to sway your decision, maybe you shouldn't have preordered. If you want to know what you're getting, wait until the car is on the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
RIGHT ON!! Great post!
Chill out. Nothing we can do, individually or collectively is going to help anything except get more people worried or carrying on about this or that.

Quote:
How many other times have we had orders in on cars without knowing what we're getting? Pre-ordering is one thing but very soon these things will be dropping to production (potentially as early as next week being that the consensus is this Friday). They have a responsibility to have this information 100% clear by the time any customer orders are locked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
How about this?: How many products have you seen that have had some sort of disclaimer about options or changes happening at anytime without notice? I know most, if not all, of you has seen this. Why should Camaro be any different? GM owes none of us anything. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be hard at work (which I know they are) gaining our confidence and trust but if it isn't ready, it isn't ready. If this was a big deal for those of you who've pre-ordered maybe you should've waited longer. Things change, sometimes for the good, sometimes not. There's no use complaining about things like this because it's not constructive and only exacerbates the emotions of many people who are already on edge with enthusiasm, frustration, anticipation. Please - everyone just calm down.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #41
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
How about this?: How many products have you seen that have had some sort of disclaimer about options or changes happening at anytime without notice? I know most, if not all, of you has seen this. Why should Camaro be any different? GM owes none of us anything. I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't be hard at work (which I know they are) gaining our confidence and trust but if it isn't ready, it isn't ready. If this was a big deal for those of you who've pre-ordered maybe you should've waited longer. Things change, sometimes for the good, sometimes not. There's no use complaining about things like this because it's not constructive and only exacerbates the emotions of many people who are already on edge with enthusiasm, frustration, anticipation. Please - everyone just calm down.
That's almost always just a "cover your ass" thing. Similar to the "pricing may vary" that's in place on the Camaro as well as the "Preproduction model shown. Actual production model may vary" line that's below the pictures on chevy.com/camaro. We all know that pricing is highly unlikely to change (at least for preorders) and that the exterior certainly won't be. But they just add that stuff because of CYA.

I'm not saying that the current situation is illegal or something in any way. I'm simply saying that GM should make this clear and be frank with us. Why all the dancing around the issue, I simply cannot understand. People have decisions to make, and soon. GM will be locking in orders very soon. There is no reason that they cannot come out and tell us basically what's going on. They've been rather open throughout this whole process so why the coyness now?

And how is this a dead horse? If anything, we're just beating a strong willed horse that refuses to die. Once the answers are known, then may it RIP.

And if history is any indicator, we won't get answers until there is a full-on meltdown.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #42
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
That's almost always just a "cover your ass" thing. Similar to the "pricing may vary" that's in place on the Camaro as well as the "Preproduction model shown. Actual production model may vary" line that's below the pictures on chevy.com/camaro. We all know that pricing is highly unlikely to change (at least for preorders) and that the exterior certainly won't be. But they just add that stuff because of CYA.

I'm not saying that the current situation is illegal or something in any way. I'm simply saying that GM should make this clear and be frank with us. Why all the dancing around the issue, I simply cannot understand. People have decisions to make, and soon. GM will be locking in orders very soon. There is no reason that they cannot come out and tell us basically what's going on. They've been rather open throughout this whole process so why the coyness now?

And how is this a dead horse? If anything, we're just beating a strong willed horse that refuses to die. Once the answers are known, then may it RIP.

And if history is any indicator, we won't get answers until there is a full-on meltdown.
+10

Closed Thread