Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
iPod problem

Anyone had there iPod lock up while connected to the car. I have tried connecting and disconnecting and reconnecting to the car, iTunes and a wall charger. Nothing works. It looks like it is off, but if you get real close, you can see that it is showing an apple in the center of the screen. At the bottom, it is showing the song that was playing last, with a message that it is OK to disconnect below that. At the top of the screen, it says GM Accessory. Any ideas, or is the iPod toast? It was playing fine and I shut off the car to run into a store. When I came back out, nothing.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Fruits of Labor

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Try hitting the CD/Aux button on the radio, so that the car can recognize the ipod. That should pull up the ipod name and then start playing from the beginning track.

Hope that helps.
Fruits of Labor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
R8E1D

Drives: 2013 Ram 1500
Try resetting the iPod. Hold the home button and the lock/power button for about 10seconds at the same time. It works like a reboot. No data will be erased. I have had to do it to mine a couple of times.

Red
R8E1D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
SSMickey

Quote:
Try hitting the CD/Aux button on the radio, so that the car can recognize the ipod. That should pull up the ipod name and then start playing from the beginning track.

Hope that helps.
That was the first thing I tried. The radio acted like the iPod was not even connected. It would not even let me select the USB input.

Quote:
Try resetting the iPod. Hold the home button and the lock/power button for about 10seconds at the same time. It works like a reboot. No data will be erased. I have had to do it to mine a couple of times.

Red
This morning, the iPod battery was completely dead, so it was powered up but not responding. It is charging now, and has enough charge to power up and seems to be acting OK. I've never had an iPod lock up before. Weird is all I can say.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Mine sometimes doesn't recognize the iPod either. Sometimes I can just unplug the iPod and plug it back in and it will be fine. Sometimes I have to leave it unpluged for a while. I do know that leaving it plugged in for long periods can affect how it charges. Try taking it out and run the battery down, then charge it with the wall charger before plugging back into the car.

Also go to the Apple website. It shows how to troubleshoot iPods there.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
SSMickey

Well, after the iPod went completely dead and was recharged, it is acting fine now.