Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #57
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl View Post

I get that too then! My dad works for GM, so I guess when I asked about Employee pricing, that was what I meant. Do you think I needed to make that distinction with the salesperson?

Do you think that will make a difference as far as me being able to reserve a car? A dealer shouldn't turn me away because I get the GM employee discount should they?
Nah, it shouldn't affect anything. We've bought a ton of cars using GMS and the buying process is pretty much the same, only there's some money knocked off the MSRP.

And yeah, you should tell the salesman that you're eligible for GMS pricing.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #58
chevygirl
Hubby Thinks its His!

Drives: 70 Chevelle 08 HyundaiVeracruz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Nah, it shouldn't affect anything. We've bought a ton of cars using GMS and the buying process is pretty much the same, only there's some money knocked off the MSRP.

And yeah, you should tell the salesman that you're eligible for GMS pricing.
Thanks! I remember telling him that my dad was a GM employee, so he should have known. I am going to have to read over the order and deposit contract before I sign it. They can't not give me the discount that I'm eligible for.
chevygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #59
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Woot! Awesome.
The Corvette's excluded from the Employee Pricing for Everyone sale, though, isn't it?
Nope. Even the Z06 is elligable.
KarlChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #60
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Woot! Awesome.
The Corvette's excluded from the Employee Pricing for Everyone sale, though, isn't it?
Vettes are readily sold near GMS all over the USA - you just have to look for the deal!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #61
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Will there be no employee pricing for the Camaro when it come out?

We found a dealer to reserve our Camaro and we asked that the dealer agree that the pricing would be at (or below MSRP). The dealer said to us that it would be AT MSRP. I asked him if they would honor employee pricing. He said that there would likely be no employee pricing for the Camaro, but failed to give me a response. I am supposed to go to the dealer on Thursday (dealer is closer to work and I'm working from home until then) to put my deposit money ($500) down, but I wanted to ask here if this sounds right.

Thanks,
There are other factors you should consider....How many deposits do they have now? Are they just loading up the books and overselling what they will be allocated (They don't know how many they can order...)? Do they have 200 deposits putting your car out until they can fill the order?

Is your deposit 100% refunable at any time, including when the car arrives? If there is carrier damage on delivery, will you have to take the car or wait for another?

Just things you might consider.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #62
Yesdearithasabackseat

Drives: Nissan Titan
I Apologize, I type the wrong date I purchased a 2004 Titan. I was replacing an 2001 Silverado.
All I am trying to say is GM needed to step up there game to compete with Nissan and Tundra. I have been a long standing owner of GM vehicles since I was able to drive. The pictures you show of the 2007 are great. You don't think they are a direct response to the competition? And by the way that interior was not available when I was buying.

Sorry I was in need of a new truck after a 165,000 miles. Next time I will drive it for 7 more years to see if I can pass the 550K for miles.
Yesdearithasabackseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #63
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Our 09 Z06's have GMS and supplier pricing, I can't imagine that the Camaro will not.
Are you serious?! WOW; there's hope after all. I guess if you want the best price, you have to know who to go to and when to go there (Scotty - wink-wink-nudge-nudge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Vettes are readily sold near GMS all over the USA - you just have to look for the deal!
Something to keep in mind...

Quote:
There are other factors you should consider....How many deposits do they have now? Are they just loading up the books and overselling what they will be allocated (They don't know how many they can order...)? Do they have 200 deposits putting your car out until they can fill the order?

Is your deposit 100% refunable at any time, including when the car arrives? If there is carrier damage on delivery, will you have to take the car or wait for another?

I don't mean to take anything away from this thread, but I think it may be a little related: This would be the biggest thing I'd be worried about ordering a car and driving 3000 miles to pick up. Let's say I come from the West Coast to the East Coast to pick the car up I put a deposit on before ordering. Is there a way that a dealer, like you 'Scotty, would be able to guarantee 100% perfection regarding the condition and content of the car before travelling out there? I mean this to be a serious question and not aggressive in any way; I'm just trying to determine the best way for me to go when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesdearithasabackseat View Post
I Apologize, I type the wrong date I purchased a 2004 Titan. I was replacing an 2001 Silverado.
All I am trying to say is GM needed to step up there game to compete with Nissan and Tundra. I have been a long standing owner of GM vehicles since I was able to drive. The pictures you show of the 2007 are great. You don't think they are a direct response to the competition? And by the way that interior was not available when I was buying.

Sorry I was in need of a new truck after a 165,000 miles. Next time I will drive it for 7 more years to see if I can pass the 550K for miles.
How well did the Silverado do after that 165K miles?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #64
chevygirl
Hubby Thinks its His!

Quote:

Thanks Scotty! They said that as of yesterday, they only had 2 on the list. Do you think they'll realistically be allocated 3?

I will certainly negotiate on the rest of those. The deposit is refundable at any time, but I will make sure that it is clearly written in the contract. I certainly will ask about damage on delivery. I never thought to ask about that.

Thanks so much! I knew you guys wouldn't steer me wrong!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #65
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Thanks Scotty! They said that as of yesterday, they only had 2 on the list. Do you think they'll realistically be allocated 3?

I will certainly negotiate on the rest of those. The deposit is refundable at any time, but I will make sure that it is clearly written in the contract. I certainly will ask about damage on delivery. I never thought to ask about that.

Thanks so much! I knew you guys wouldn't steer me wrong!
2010 Camaro allocation is based on 2002 Camaro sales, so if they didn't sell many 2002 Camaros they may not be getting very many initially. I really don't see any reason to put money down anyway. Its not like there are a limited number that will be produced.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #66
chevygirl
Hubby Thinks its His!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
2010 Camaro allocation is based on 2002 Camaro sales, so if they didn't sell many 2002 Camaros they may not be getting very many initially. I really don't see any reason to put money down anyway. Its not like there are a limited number that will be produced.
I guess the main reason is because my H wants to be one of the first people to get one (and have it in his specs). He doesn't want something everyone else has. He wants to lead the way!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #67
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Amen Amen Amen. I plan on waiting till I can see a car in the sun light, I want to feel what the leather is like, I want to drive a car with the sunroof. I much prefer the looks of the non-roof car, but I loved my T-tops when I had them. I guess I can show a little restraint, and don't feel like I'm held hostage by the dealer. They have to sell, I don't have to buy....today. When the Mustang hit dealers it was $5k over sticker. Then when consumers came down off the crack pipe, you could get a Mustang all day long for close to invoice. Corvette (and the Z06) was the same way. Now GM is offering rebates? If you want to pay sticker fine. But don't make it sound like you are a victim, and held hostage. (this is a generalization I have seen far too much on the forum, sorry if you are offended)
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #68
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
How many deposits do they have now? Are they just loading up the books and overselling what they will be allocated? (They don't know how many they can order.) Do they have 200 deposits putting your car out until they can fill the order?
In a thread titled Lessons learned from the '05 Mustang... I previously posted about two situations that can greatly delay getting a car after it has been ordered through a dealer. CamaroScotty has since restated one of my points, and here now has restated the other. I posted:

A guy I know ordered the '05 retro-styled Mustang GT when it came out and waited a long time for delivery. He placed his order with a dealer who already had several people ahead of him. Each month the dealer was notified by Ford of his allotment for GTs, and the dealer then could actually place some of the earlier orders with Ford. It was a few months before that dealer was allocated enough Mustang GTs to place that guy's order with Ford. The dealer didn't want to lose the sale, so never told him that his order wasn't actually placed with Ford yet. This could happen to you: dealers will only be able to place orders for Camaros with Chevrolet as they get allocations.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #69
ncsucrow17

Drives: 2008 Tahoe
Hey guys. Have been reading info on the new Camaro from this board for a few days now. Great stuff, very informative. However enamored I am with the new Camaro, I am a little upset with GM right now due to the topic of this thread. On August 8, my wife and I bought a new SEO 74, Victory Red, Tahoe that was fully loaded. We got what we thought, given gas prices and the end of the model year, to be a decent deal. GM at the time was offering 6,000 off with rebate. NOW, as of today it is 5,000 rebate but off of employee pricing! I guess this is just a lesson in car buying as we are a new couple and this was our first new car purchase. Just wondering if anyone on here knows if GM retroactively applies better offers or if there is anything I can do to recoup some of the approx 6500 better deal that is running now. Thanks for any comments.
ncsucrow17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #70
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Not to be mean but, congratulations, you've just experienced the downside of buying a new car. Without insider info, you'll never know if a better deal is a week away or months away. I've never heard of anyone getting the new lower price after buying a new car. You paid what you paid and that's it.

Went through the same thing when I bought my wife a new PT Cruiser 10 days before 9-11. After 9-11, I could have bought the same thing with 0% interest for 72 months, 3k rebate and a lifetime powertrain warranty. Such is life, I guess.

By the way...welcome to Camaro5.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote