Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #57
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
I do not think they can PDR an A-pillar.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #58
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Ya from the looks of the pics they have to fix the whole exterior of the car and that will be some $$$$$. Also if the car is totaled your allowed to take your aftermarket parts unless you have them included in your insurance.than I don't think you can touch them

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #59
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Hope Ins company does right by you, good luck!
White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #60
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
well i go see the adjuster tomorrow but stopped at a few auto body shops and they said the insurance company will not total out the car because its to new and that they will probably cut me a check for 8,000 dollars even though the damage will be well over 12k but once i get it in the shop that 8k will change based on the person doing the work. one shop said just trade it in for what it is and pray the dealer dont try to mess me over which i know they would and take the insurance money and pay the remaining balance owed. i like that option but i know the insurance wont give me the right amount to begin with and the dealer will for sure offer me 10k maybe less
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #61
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Was wondering if and when I have to get parts for my car what aftermarket hoods and fenders do y'all recommend?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #62
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Tough call on what the insurance company will do, sometimes it depends on the adjuster. More than likely they would replace the hood and trunk, cost is about the same to pdr it but this will give you clean sheet metal. The A pillars, body creases are going to be the key to whether its totaled or repaired. NADA clean tradein is about $20k for your car, retail is $23k so more than likely they are going to repair, not total. Also, depending on the insurance company, they will make the check out to you and the body shop, at least that's what State Farm does. In MN, body shops are governed on how much they can charge for insurance repairs so more than likely the insurance will cover it, I don't think you have to be concerned that you won't get enough to cover the reapairs.

I live in Savage and we didn't get any hail (thankfully) but saw the damage in EP. If you have a smartphone, download the Fox9 Weather app, I use it everyday and it also has the radar on it. I saw this storm coming on their radar hours before it hit. I use it all the time for car shows because I also have a 66 Nova wagon with an LS motor in it and won't take that anywhere if there are signs of storms coming. Rain is fine, its the hail and tornado's that I worry about.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #63
KevininPHX

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE Garnet Red Tintcoat
I feel your pain bro. I stood inside a store one day and watched my brand new 1985 K-5 Blazer get smashed to bits in a hailstorm with nearly golf ball sized hail. It was horrible. The paper tag and window sticker were still on the truck. Windshield smashed, one of the back side windows smashed, every horizontal (and some vertical) surface on the car got severely damaged. I cried.
It was in the best body shop in town, for nearly a month. They repaired all the surfaces, and the paint was as good, maybe better, than the factory job. What totally sucked was the dust from the body work. It was everywhere. It was in every crack and crevice, behind all the instrument panel, in the radio and tape deck, (Yeah, 1985), EVERYWHERE. I lived with most of it until I traded it on a 1990 Blazer. Hail still gives me chest pains. LOL. I really hope if it ever happens to me again, the vehicle gets totaled.
In the end though, looking back, it didn't mean squat, so there's always that.
KevininPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #64
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Have you looked into suing God?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #65
family man

Drives: .
Damn, that make me sad just looking at it. I hope you get it all fixed up.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #66
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Wow!

PDR can do a lot but damn! It looks like someone took a tack hammer to the whole thing. It makes me

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #67
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
I was gonna say when you see the adjuster make sure the ball-peen hammer isnt around lol

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #68
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts

Best of luck to you OP, my stomach dropped after seeing those pictures.

Hopefully you get a fair adjuster

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #69
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
That is some crazy damage.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
Blehner

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Black
Sorry to see that man, I live in Minnesota also and was hit by that storm too. Luckily I was able to get my car out of the hail. My roommates car is probably getting totaled the hail even broke his rear windshield. Came out of no were.
Blehner is offline   Reply With Quote