Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #295
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Well looks like my self-gapped NGK plugs were not causing all the misfire issues. After 2 local mechanics and 2 chevy dealerships looked at the car, this 5th shop that I have my Camaro at just called saying it looks like its an internal engine problem and that I might need to swap in a new LLT :(
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #296
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Check your cats first.. if theyvare bad you will have issues

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #297
djrasras

Cats are looking ok
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
Old 11-18-2015, 04:22 PM   #298
djrasras

The shop just called and told me the engine was 4 quarts too low on oil (my fault, I checked it when I first had problems a month ago but not since), and that all cylinders are running low on compression, indicating most likely issues with the bearings and such. He said that it would be cheaper to replace the engine rather than pay to tear it apart. So now my question is, where can I find a Reman or used LLT?
All I can think of at the moment is craigslist, which doesn't have anything atm, and new crate engines from Chevy, but I really don't have 7k to blow right now
Old 11-18-2015, 04:51 PM   #299
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
The shop just called and told me the engine was 4 quarts too low on oil (my fault, I checked it when I first had problems a month ago but not since), and that all cylinders are running low on compression, indicating most likely issues with the bearings and such. He said that it would be cheaper to replace the engine rather than pay to tear it apart. So now my question is, where can I find a Reman or used LLT?
All I can think of at the moment is craigslist, which doesn't have anything atm, and new crate engines from Chevy, but I really don't have 7k to blow right now
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428535
25000miles
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423957
70000miles

goodluck
Old 11-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #300
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniature View Post

Thanks a lot buddy! Boutta send some PM's
Old 11-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #301
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
So my IPF/KPE Supercharger is finally installed and is running great. The power is smooth. I do have some questions though. Is it normal for fuel economy to drop? My highway cruising has gone from 28mpg to 21mpg. When should the first oil change to the supercharger be performed? I'm getting code: P0113, which is Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input. Can this be tuned out or is there something wrong with the MAF or subsequent wiring?
P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0113
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #302
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Economy can go down.. change sc oil at 500 miles. Then every 3k after. Clear code and see if it comes back

Old 12-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #303
Dizzy82

So, first major issue with the supercharger. Went out to the car this evening to go get dinner, started the car up, as soon as the engine fired up it died. I thought, "huh, that was weird". So I tried again, engine fired up, immediately died. This happened four more times. I decided to give it a little gas while starting. It started, but it was extremely erratic and would die as soon as I let off the gas. My neighbor said it was putting out white smoke from the exhaust, and it smelled "rich". I have no idea what the issue is. It has was operating fine yesterday, this had to happen Saturday night, I'm so pissed.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 12-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #304
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Check charge pipes. Make sure there are no leaks

Old 12-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #305
Dizzy82

I looked through the PDF install manual and can't find the "charge pipes", do you mean boost pipes/tubes? How can I check for leaks if I can't get the car started?
Old 12-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #306
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

yes the silicone pipes, if one comes loose there in no airflow across the MAF, which will not allow car to start. You need to physically check all the connection points and make sure they are clamped tight. I see the connection from the intercooler to the tube to the throttle body come loose and same for SC to intercooler pipe. Rarely at the intercooler or tbody.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #307
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I looked through the PDF install manual and can't find the "charge pipes", do you mean boost pipes/tubes? How can I check for leaks if I can't get the car started?
Did you get the issue fixed? What was wrong?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #308
Dizzy82

Yes, the issue has been fixed. I had a shop solder the MAF extension wires to the stock wiring and the problems went away. Do not use the harness that comes with the kit, it's a piece of crap. The prongs would not lock in the harness and the connections would not be complete. I was running really rich and my MAF was reading -40 degrees at idle.